• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Not even worth worrying about. They've already shown off tons of different color combos for the current characters.

maxresdefault.jpg
MK11 BRINGING PALETTE SWAP NINJAS BACK BABY YEAH

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man, every character design is such an improvement over earlier MK titles that I might actually buy this on release.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Jade is one character that just had to return so I'm glad NR is listening. They really developed her moveset from MK9, looks like a fun character to play with.

Jan 11, 2018
The "undead" look can be divorced from her clothes, MK works on a MMO esque system for aesthestics now

Yeah. I'm gonna use the "main" outfit but with her natural skin colour myself, for sure.

It would be nice if you could also change the character select icons. Let's say you want "alive" Jade there instead of the revenant one. MK Trilogy style with the MK1/MK2 skins.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, the character designs are really cool in this one. And I love the more visceral presentation with the x-ray attacks and fatalities.

This is going to be a fun game to spectate.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
YESSSSS!! MY MAIN HAS RETURNED!

And she looks dope as fuck too. Love the scarf.

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
Hell. Yes! She was my main in MK9 and I wreck many players with her. I'm so, so excited she's back.

She looks amazing to play again and she'll be my main again for sure.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The little we see of her face seems absolutely awful and I suspect they're still improving the faces and that's why they did their best to not show her Xray, fatalities, intros and outros when they played her human version.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Yessssss. Thank god she is back. Loving her moveset!

Not a fan of her main outfit but the alternates are very good so it's fine.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
blue and green scorpion is whack

jade looks cool
Pretty sure the blue/green scorpion posted in this thread is a fake photoshop using injustice 2 menus and that gif of green subzero is a photoshop. You can't fully customize colours, they offer 4 palette swaps and nothing is as drastic as making scorpion/sub look like reptile or scorpion look like sub.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Was really hoping they would get rid of the zombie thing for the dead characters. It never looked good, just giving them white eyes and grey skin feels cheap.

I'm sure there will be skins to give them their normal forms asap/in the story but still...

That said glad shes back, my favorite female character in the franchise.

May 26, 2018
Love that her main look is actually dark and shadowy. That's how she felt in MK2. Like she popped out of another dimension.

Now it's literally what she is. Awesome.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
As much as i liked MK9, the decision to kill off most of the cast in that game's story mode is a mistake. Especially that sequence where Sindel literally just murder everyone from the good side sans Johnny Cage & sonya.

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
Aaaaaand she is a zoner ........ sireosly what is with NRS lately? (I know Jade had some good zoning in MK9 but here she has way more to work with)

Its like they have fear of accidentally making combo heavy characters. They give some cool moves but all of those moves have 2 priorities A) not making bounce or something that leads to a combo B) end with huge knockback so players have big distance to zone each other.

Especially comment from the Dev on stream seemed quite odd "Jade have command run for those who emo about run" like huh?

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
This is the first revenant look I ever like. And yeah that's my main. And that's my GOTY, maybe :D Can't wait!

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I'm so extremely tired of the revenant shit, it's so stale now. How many games are we gonna have with revenant skins for several characters? It was cute on MKX but I wish they'd stop now.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm kind of curious how many dopplegangers there will be in the story mode? I don't know how asset allocation works in game design, but is there a limit to how many characters NRS would be able to use during the story mode of the game? I'm assuming that they would use a handful of iconic MK characters to represent the Midway faction so as not to strain resources on the development end of things.

On the development end of things, would it be feasible for NRS to expand the Midway faction to 15-20 characters?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I'm kind of curious how many dopplegangers there will be in the story mode? I don't know how asset allocation works in game design, but is there a limit to how many characters NRS would be able to use during the story mode of the game? I'm assuming that they would use a handful of iconic MK characters to represent the Midway faction so as not to strain resources on the development end of things.

On the development end of things, would it be feasible for NRS to expand the Midway faction to 15-20 characters?

It's not as complicated as your making it out to be. The individual characters retain the same base models. It's just each layer on top is just different textures (skins) and shaders to give them different appearances. It's not multiples of the same characters modeled individually entirely from scratch from the ground up.

This time the different costumes can also be given their own variation similar to that of MKX in which there is three different archetypes for the characters with unique twists (i.e Hellfire Scorpion having more fire related attacks, Ninjutsu Scorpion having his two swords for more sword related moves, etc)

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Aaaaaand she is a zoner ........ sireosly what is with NRS lately? (I know Jade had some good zoning in MK9 but here she has way more to work with)

Its like they have fear of accidentally making combo heavy characters. They give some cool moves but all of those moves have 2 priorities A) not making bounce or something that leads to a combo B) end with huge knockback so players have big distance to zone each other.

Especially comment from the Dev on stream seemed quite odd "Jade have command run for those who emo about run" like huh?
With the variation system, a character doesn't play "one way".

They literally showed off 3 variation in the stream. One being more about zoning, the other being more about offense and maintaining it, and the third with the classic shadow kick + more strongs for stronger mixups/more reward meterlessly.

Jan 11, 2018

Aren't bounce moves gone altogether in this game? They also confirmed this game isn't gonna be as rushdown and combo heavy as the previous one. I also think the extra inputs for combo launch friendly variants of special moves adds to the difficulty of pulling off something more advanced. I really hope they remove the extra inputs though. Seems like stupid game design. Just keep the meter burn button.

Honestly, MKX had too many super long juggle friendly combos. It's something people started to hate about Tekken after a while, which is why Bandai Namco eventually ended up nerfing juggle damage big time (and Midway did something similar in MK4 with Maximum Damage).