• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I only preordered two games in the last five years or so, XCOM 2 and Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes. Damn you NetherRealm to make me preorder a Warner Bros game.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Wow they got the epic Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung. He is not just the perfect Shang Tsung, he is the only Shang Tsung. even the web weries makers realized it and brought him in the season 2 of the web series. Now Ed Boon, you realized this, it's time you finally consider the Mortal Kombat theme from The Immortals as the official theme for the game.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I watched MK a few weeks ago, and his performance is actually good. He's menacing despite playing by teenager rules this movie was aimed towards, and overall a perfect Shang. But then again, he was also a highlight in average flicks as Rising Sun and Art of War. Perhaps Showdown in little Tokyo as well.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I mean...he wears pants too. Did you forget about pants due to a lack of pants in that image?
The pants and shirt and hair and all that is part of the visual skins. Each character has three pieces of equipment that you customize outside of the skins (I think they actually change stats).
They are always things adjunct to the clothes so they don't conflict with the skins.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
I've never purchased a season pass for any game on day 1. This will be my first. YOUR SOUL IS MINE!!!

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
The pants and shirt and hair and all that is part of the visual skins. Each character has three pieces of equipment that you customize outside of the skins (I think they actually change stats).
They are always things adjunct to the clothes so they don't conflict with the skins.
Oh ok, fair enough I didn't realize it worked like that. Thank ya good sir.

Tiamat

Nov 16, 2017
Sad that the "premium" edition isn't even the most premium of them all, even at $99 ☹️ I'll be waiting 6+ months for the XL version, the true premium.
That's the right move I guess
Run, back, back , Guard!

I was weak like I said.
C.Y.T was the fatality for me.
If they make a Christophe Lambert Skin, i'll Buy it for fun too.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, any dreams of waiting for the Komplete edition are now dead. I'm all in day 1.

Tomma18

Banned
May 29, 2018
lol I don't think even you know what you're talking about any more

You said they've been showing the roster at a hilariously rapid pace, i replied to that about how slow they've been overall with the reveals and information in general. A little comprehension goes a long way mate. Clearly you totally missed that

Smh, overdoing something just to compensate for messing up IS NOT A GOOD THING, and certainly doesn't make it better. NRS is clearly behind schedule and they are scrambling to get things done. Tyler said on multiple occasions that there would ever only be ONE character reveal per KK....last 2 weeks they've revealed multiple. They've also randomly dropped renders without even revealing characters. So them throwing info into the wild does not make up for it.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Behind schedule? Messing up? Scrambling to get things done? What the hell am I reading.

We've known MK11 has been scheduled for April 23rd for months now. It's not like they are going to delay the game because they don't give you character reveals when you personally want them to. Keep in mind most of the roster for Injustice 2 wasn't revealed at the games announcement at once either and had a similar rollout of info reveals. This doesn't make them behind schedule. Besides this is Mortal Kombat the same series that is notorious for devs intentionally being coy in regards to its secrets and which characters are actually going to be in the game. So having some of the roster not revealed is at point very intentional.

NRS has done this song and dance before, so people should know better that the entire main roster will known prior to the release day. The only exception to this is the remainder post-release DLC part of the Kombat Pass. If that isn't enough then the issue lies folks getting that concerned with the information reveals needing to decide if they are interested in the game merely for the sake of flow of information or actual genuine interest in the game.

We've known there was a Kombat Pass with 6 DLC characters. So knowing the existence of DLC characters is suddenly now an issue? Despite the fact we've known the Kombat Pass exists. I don't think it's reasonable to expect information on the post release content being revealed without folks needing to make a blind purchase without being aware what is actually included.

Last edited:

G Darksoul

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
This is truly inspired casting. Its a shame about Tricia and whomever voiced Scorpion, but this is 2 steps the right direction. I have to take cool points off because not reveal trailer for him I would like hear some voice lines. Looks like I'm copping it. Beta here I come!