• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
So is this in line with the supposed DLC leak that was floating around here?

Jan 11, 2018
I mean, they have to promote the season pass with something, and since he's also the Kyrpt keeper (lol), it makse sense that his model is at leat finished already even if the gameplay isn't there yet.

Nope.

Are we thinking about different leaks?

The latest, most repeated "leak" says Shang Tsung, Mileena and Shinnok are unlockables. And that's now been debunked.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
The MK movie theme song belongs in the past. I hope they never bring that back.

or just put it as a listenable bonus in the Krypt so people stop asking. It's never going to become the theme for the game.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
Not just Shang Tsung. Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung (the actor from the film).

He's also the host/guide for the Krypt.

QH1jHx2.gif

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
This sets a good precedent.

GIVE ME LAMBERT RAIDEN.

Heck, give me Remar Raiden, too.
Yes!

Well, except your bringing back Remar idea.

There can be only one and it's Christopher fucking Lambert!

Tagawa was such a perfect Shang Tsung. Hell, most of the cast from the first movie was great! Bring back Robin Shou as Liu Kang!

Hell, get rid of Rousey and bring back Bridgette Wilson.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Nope. There was no DLC leak. There was a "leak" claiming Mileena, Shang and Shinnok would be base unlockables, which people ate up even though I know for a fact the guy who put that online never had any proof.

Looking pretty unlikely now.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we thinking about different leaks?

The latest, most repeated "leak" says Shang Tsung, Mileena and Shinnok are unlockables. And that's now been debunked.
Again not really. So far all the characters in the leak lineup, so maybe it's Milenna and Shinnock are unlockable. Nobody really knows but The leak isn't debunked fully.

Jan 11, 2018

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Will the younger version of him be in the game? Final battle Shang Tsung from the film could be my favorite character.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Will the younger version of him be in the game? Final battle Shang Tsung from the film could be my favorite character.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it would be fair to say that we've had genuine leaks, but that things have been shook up at NRS since?
Probably yeah, I was thinking more the fact that the leaks look to be genuine but it's possible shang tsung was always dlc and maybe was reported as playable. Again we won't know until the game is out who is unlockable. so maybe the leaks are all wrong.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Tagawa's in? I think I am as well. I remember him so calmly defending the movie version of Rising Sun when parts of the Japanese community were jumping up and down about how racist it was (and yet they hadn't seen the film yet, which he got them to admit).

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This was one of the worst kept secrets.
Even the actor accidentally leaked it on Twitter, then had to deny he was in the game.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
It sucks that a character that's been around since MK1 is DLC (not to mention Shao Khan). On the other hand Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa Shang Tsung in a game is fucking amazing. That alone could get me to main him.
The fact that they used the actor is exactly the reason he's DLC. If he was on the disc, they would have to give Tagawa a cut of every copy of MK11 sold. Keep him as DLC, and he only gets a cut of the DLC sold. It's the same reason why characters from movies are always DLC (MK XL being an exception).

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The fact that they used the actor is exactly the reason he's DLC. If he was on the disc, they would have to give Tagawa a cut of every copy of MK11 sold. Keep him as DLC, and he only gets a cut of the DLC sold. It's the same reason why characters from movies are always DLC (MK XL being an exception).

He's apparently in the base game, though, albeit in a non-fighting role.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Again not really. So far all the characters in the leak lineup, so maybe it's Milenna and Shinnock are unlockable. Nobody really knows but The leak isn't debunked fully.
The guy who put all this stuff up saw those leaked pics before they were widely available online, as did I and some others. Most of what he said about the base roster was based on those.

The three unlock stuff was just hearsay he got from someone else. People only believed it because he mixed it in with legitimate info.