• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL

They are definitely updating MK8 like they said a few days ago.

It's a free update (1.6.0) and is available right now! :D

Last edited:

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Man, now I hope we are getting new track DLC.

16 new tracks with Pauline, Diddy Kong, etc. playable would be the dream. It's time to go GAAS!

Texan365

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I read the title a bit differently and thought we were getting a kart in BOTW haha. Still cool though!

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Would be amazing if they just give us free tracks and more karts for free. Since Nintendo hates sales wouldn't complain if that's the cost of free dlc.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So can we expect Diddy Kong, Birdo, & Spring Man as well in the near future?

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Every time I hear that music I want to play Mario Kart.

If this was EA, that kart would be $9.99. Good job for Nintendo for making it free.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Quite honestly shocked they're adding something new to the game. Maybe the ride isn't over after all?

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
huh

If they add more racers, I wonder if Spring Man is next in line as the next guest character. A lot of people keep bringing up the likes of Kirby or Pikachu but all of the cameo characters in MK8 happen to be from EAD produced properties (Animal Crossing, Zelda, Splatoon), which makes sense because those series are closer to the Mario Kart team. And considering that ARMS was made by said team...

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The game already has an insane amount of content, but I'm definitely not complaining about more. BRING IT ON!

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
Great, more non-Mario stuff. They could have had Wario stuff in honor of Mona and crew's new game, but nooooooooo. I mean, I am happy for you Zelda fans, but it's still hurts for us pining for more Greater Mario Universe presentation before non-Mario representation, as it rightfully should be. I am happy for you guys, but I am honestly, genuinely disappointed.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Great, more non-Mario stuff. They could have had Wario stuff in honor of Mona and crew's new game, but nooooooooo. I mean, I am happy for you Zelda fans, but it's still hurts for us pining for more Greater Mario Universe presentation before non-Mario representation, as it rightfully should be. I am happy for you guys, but I am honestly, genuinely disappointed.

Dude it's free. Y'all gotta complain about everything, I swear

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Nintendo just said they'd continue to add more content. I just didn't think it would come so soon. And the fact that it's free is great news for potential upcoming DLC
I for some reason, remember them saying the opposite, and that the dlc is just done. But I had to have been confusing that with what they said in regards to botw. Any who, downloading now haha

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're not going to use a Switch game to promote a 3DS game.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
I for some reason, remember them saying the opposite, and that the dlc is just done. But I had to have been confusing that with what they said in regards to botw. Any who, downloading now haha

Originally they did say it was done, and then they surprised us with LABO support, and announced shortly after more content would be coming. Hopefully this isn't the last of it.

Free doesn't make it any less of a dagger through the heart of those that want Mario Kart to stay Mario Kart. again, I am happy for you guys, but us guys' feelings are valid too.

So don't play as non-Mario characters then

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This a parody post?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm calling it

A big DLC is coming to launch alongside the online service in Nintendo.
There's no way they just dropped 2 free updates out of nowhere for no reason. They're cooking something bigger