• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Given his numerous smartphone reviews throughout the year, it's always interesting to see how he ranks the various phones that have come out in said year.

• Best Big Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
  • Best Small Phone: iPhone XS
  • Best Smartphone Camera: Google Pixel 3 (XL)
  • Best Battery: Huawei Mate 20 Pro
  • Best Design: Oppo Find X
  • Best Budget Phone: Pocophone F1
  • Bust of the Year: RED Hydrogen One
  • Most Improved Award: Razer Phone 2
  • Smartphone of the Year 2018: OnePlus 6T

Source: Marques Brownlee (YouTube)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
All the phones :

Galaxy Note 9
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
iPhone XS
Google Pixel 3
Samsung Galaxy S9
iPhone XR
RED Hydrogen One
Oppo Find X
Xiaomi Pocophone F1
Razer Phone 2
OnePlus 6T

personally i think the OnePlus 6T is the real winner, great smartphone.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Nice list. Honestly, I feel the 6t is a bit overhyped as it is just a rebranded Oppo R17 pro(oppo owns oneplus). Oppo's Super Vooc charging is also faster than oneplus' dash and warp charging. Nonetheless the 6t is a great phone

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great picks. Basically the OnePlus 6T for any one on a budget, and the Note 9 for anyone with deeper pockets. As always, awesome round up and awards.

Here's the full Smartphone of the Year list.
  1. OnePlus 6T
  2. Samsung Galaxy Note 9
  3. Huawei Mate 20 Pro

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I could see the biggest bust being the Red coming from a mile away. For the price tag, the hype, and the feature set- the phone just had failure written all over it.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
"Best Small Phone: iPhone XS"

When YouTubers have no idea what the word "small" means.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have the 3T but the 6T is tempting but I think I will wait till news of the 7 appears.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Extremely happy with my Pocophone,, fast as hell, massive battery. Paying double or more what this costs for 'flagship' phones is over for me.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Remember about 15 years ago when they were getting smaller and smaller. Didn't Nokia release a lipstick like phone without a screen?
It had a screen and the screen turned into a mirror when it was off. It was cool as fuck. Not super practical though.

My mum got one because it was the "girly phone" then my dad bought one after he played with it because he thought it was so cool and weird.
s-l300.jpg

Spock

Oct 27, 2017
My note 9 is the best phone and one of the best pieces of tech I've owned. Good list!