• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I guess that's why the Cubs are holding off on Darvish, saving as much scratch as possible for next years FA bonanza with Harper. Can they pay Harper AND Heyward though?

Oct 25, 2017

If the Yankees trade for Travy Shaw after getting Mike Stanton this would be the worst offseason of all time

Truly Lucifer is at work rn

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't get it. That's a downgrade at 3rd that will also cost you significantly more money.

Downgrade a bit at 3rd put get a return in prospects? Maybe that's their thinking. They'd rather pay the money and essentially "buy" a couple of pitching prospects, capitalizing on shaw's big year.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I guess that's why the Cubs are holding off on Darvish, saving as much scratch as possible for next years FA bonanza with Harper. Can they pay Harper AND Heyward though?

Their current TV deal is done after 2019. New deal kicks in and it'll probably pay for their entire team salary.

I honestly still don't see the Cubs getting Harper. They have way too much talent that they'll eventually have to pay.

Last edited:

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
The league needs to force our owner to sell the team. Dudes all about maximum profit. Fucking sheds payroll as he buys a new mansion.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Must be nice to trade with a team and get their best players without giving up any of your core roster or prospects.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Nigga what. We paid part of his contract too? We paid the Giants to rob us?

I'm fucking done. If some low level prospects is all it took to get shit done, then why were we so apprehensive to trade while we still had a team that was worth a damn?

Status
Not open for further replies.