• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know the name, but it sounds like it's a pretty good trade for the Jays.

Also Sportsnet posted a story with the details of Roy Halladay's autopsy. He wasn't drunk, and it wasn't deemed to be the result of intoxication. Since that was the case, they shouldn't have posted about it and left it alone.

He had morphine in his system tho.

And ambien

And Prozac and trace amount of alcohol

https://usat.ly/2EWVZ8i

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Operating any kind of vehicle while under the influence is dumb, but after seeing videos of that plane he was using, flying one of those with any kind of inebration is like a fucking death wish.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to say for sure if any of those drugs were present enough to cause a lapse in judgment or motor function.

The plane manufacturer's lawyers will use it to run Halladay's name into the ground though.

Nevermind that that plane model had already killed one of their employees. That company ought to be investigated and shut the fuck down.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hasn't this plane had three other fatalities? Why isn't the NTSB on top of them?
Also let's not forget that Halladay retired because of back and shoulder injuries, so taking a medicine that may have some morphine or a morphine like substance isn't out of the realm of possibility. I'm talking out of of my ass course but I refuse to believe a stand-up guy like Halladay was taking hard drugs.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't this plane had three other fatalities? Why isn't the NTSB on top of them?
Also let's not forget that Halladay retired because of back and shoulder injuries, so taking a medicine that may have some morphine or a morphine like substance isn't out of the realm of possibility. I'm talking out of of my ass course but I refuse to believe a stand-up guy like Halladay was taking hard drugs.

coroners report just said "trace amounts", which i assume would be consistent with pain medication usage.

Yeah, and this plane has killed 3 people in the last 2 years, including the company's test pilot and their lead (i think) engineer.

Malo

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY

A little surprised to see Acuna over Ohtani. Yankees have 6 prospects that made the top 100:

6. Gleyber Torres
38. Estevan Florial
41. Justus Sheffield
59. Miguel Andujar
77. Albert Abreu
81. Chance Adams

Three Yankees prospects that were traded in the last 6 months made the list:

64. Jorge Mateo
87. Jorge Guzman
88. Dustin Fowler

It's crazy the turnaround the player development has made over the last couple of years.

Edit: Vlad Jr's scouting grades for hit and power are insane.

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. | 3B | Blue Jays
Hit: 80 | Power: 70 | Speed: 40 | Fielding:40 | Arm: 55

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
8 Braves on the list, and honestly that seems like its shortchanging the organization somewhat. I can think of 3 guys or more who could be on there.

5 in the top 50 though, with Austin Riley just barely missing.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

A little surprised to see Acuna over Ohtani. Yankees have 6 prospects that made the top 100:

6. Gleyber Torres
38. Estevan Florial
41. Justus Sheffield
59. Miguel Andujar
77. Albert Abreu
81. Chance Adams

64. Jorge Mateo
87. Jorge Guzman
88. Dustin Fowler

It's crazy the turnaround the player development has made over the last couple of years.

Vlad's seed is strong. when will Adams and Sheffield be ready to come up?

Rock And Roll

Oct 25, 2017
Good God at the Vlad Jr scouting report. 80 hitting with 17 power as an 18 old is redonkulous. I figure that fielding number could improve substantially as he naturally gets better at the game and his baseball IQ increases.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

6. Gleyber Torres
38. Estevan Florial
41. Justus Sheffield
59. Miguel Andujar
77. Albert Abreu
81. Chance Adams

64. Jorge Mateo
87. Jorge Guzman
88. Dustin Fowler

I vote to ban the yankees from baseball.
it needs to be against the rules to have that much talent in the minors when you already have so much talent in the majors :P

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Good God at the Vlad Jr scouting report. 80 hitting with 17 power as an 18 old is redonkulous. I figure that fielding number could improve substantially as he naturally gets better at the game and his baseball IQ increases.
Bo Bichette in the top 10 as well. Jays better not be stupid and trade away these two.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
The idea of Major League Baseball developing a video game is awfully interesting. I'm curious to hear how it is.
Interesting. Hope they make it on par with MLB: The Show. Such a great game that I wish everyone got to play it. I need a good baseball game on PC.

The G.O.A.T

dcphk0.jpg

Rock And Roll

Oct 25, 2017
Giants sign Austin Jackson to a 2 year $6 million deal. Guess they got their OF and managed to stay under the luxury tax. Still going to be another awful year for the OF though unless the baseball God's bless us repeatedly

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

6. Gleyber Torres
38. Estevan Florial
41. Justus Sheffield
59. Miguel Andujar
77. Albert Abreu
81. Chance Adams

64. Jorge Mateo
87. Jorge Guzman
88. Dustin Fowler

Yeah but we'll never know if he can or would swing at an intentional walk

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Cubs sign his personal catcher and now are in active talks with Darvish. It's happening guys!

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
Ever winning again? Yeah, we've broken the curse. I highly doubt we win the East unless the Yankees severely underperform/collapse. Last year was the first year that we repeated as AL East champs since the 1910's or something.
You guys won before the curse. This curse is different this go round. It's the Stanton Curse of 2017, your children and their children will forever hate the Yankees and they will feel the pain I felt in 2004 50x over!!!

Oct 25, 2017
You guys won before the curse. This curse is different this go round. It's the Stanton Curse of 2017, your children and their children will forever hate the Yankees and they will feel the pain I felt in 2004 50x over!!!
Nothing you can really do though to remove the stink of blowing a 3-0 lead to your biggest rivals and the lovable losers of the league for 86 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.