• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Only way I see to do it is go all-in and we know that's not happening. By "all-in" I mean trade Rosario and the farm system for Realmuto (who apparently is Bench/Carter/Posey rolled into one) and then sign Machado to play SS which is just living in a Fantasy World as the Mets would never outbid the Yankees, etc for his services.

I wouldn't say never, especially with Hal, not George, in charge now. They've shown a lot of restraint in spending this offseason. Some fans may even argue they're being too cheap. I don't think the Yanks will be the highest bidder for either Machado or Harper.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
You're asking for PRIME players for Realmuto? Jesus. Like you would trade a Syndegaard or a Bellinger for him? GTFO.
Also only popping in cuz Dodgers not making moves always sounds like "Dodgers are making moves"

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're asking for PRIME players for Realmuto? Jesus. Like you would trade a Syndegaard or a Bellinger for him? GTFO.
Also only popping in cuz Dodgers not making moves always sounds like "Dodgers are making moves"
Realmuto is worth more than Syndergaard.

It's not because he is better it's because there are a lot more pitching options than catching options.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

Going to laugh when Manny signs elsewhere.

So am I.
I will be far happier if Manny signs anywhere else than with the white sox.

DO NOT WANT!

that being said the white sox gave up basically nothing for him, as Alex Call is not anyone that matters at all. And he isn't a horrible player, so they might be able to move him for something better than Alex Call at the trade deadline.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I really want the Mets to sign both Grandal and Pollock. I know that represents a significant commitment that will likely look bad in the last year or two of each respective contract, but if you want to win now and still have your future in tact, that's the path

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I really want the Mets to sign both Grandal and Pollock. I know that represents a significant commitment that will likely look bad in the last year or two of each respective contract, but if you want to win now and still have your future in tact, that's the path

next two years are going to be fun for NYM, but after that not so much with the lack of minor league talent and all these old guys turning into...old guys. Mets should take a long, hard look at JD's Texas Rangers and ask themselves: Do we want that? Because they will absolutely be that.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-baseball-new-stadium-1.4947176

Return of baseball to Montreal looking 'pretty good,' says Stephen Bronfman

Efforts to bring a baseball team back to Montreal are moving forward, but the businessman spearheading that project is trying to temper expectations.
Stephen Bronfman was careful when talking about the progress his group has made, but did say his group wants to build something that will last.
"We're going to do everything in our power to make sure that this is sustainable, that this is real and that we're in it to win it," he told CBC Montreal's Daybreak.

On Thursday, the so-called Montreal Group released a report suggesting Montreal has everything required to support a major league baseball over the long-term. The Expos left town in 2004 after years of declining fan interest in the team.

Amishpriest

Oct 26, 2017
So am I.
I will be far happier if Manny signs anywhere else than with the white sox.

DO NOT WANT!

that being said the white sox gave up basically nothing for him, as Alex Call is not anyone that matters at all. And he isn't a horrible player, so they might be able to move him for something better than Alex Call at the trade deadline.

Looks like a straight up salary dump for the Indians. Wonder what they're going to with all this newfound "payroll flexibility ".

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Harper to the Dodgers.

Ell. Oh. Fucking. Ell.
next two years are going to be fun for NYM, but after that not so much with the lack of minor league talent and all these old guys turning into...old guys. Mets should take a long, hard look at JD's Texas Rangers and ask themselves: Do we want that? Because they will absolutely be that.
Eh we have talent in the minors, it's all just in instructional or A ball. Which lines up with our timeline to rebuild. The Mets have to take advantage of their windows when they have them. We only really get 1 a decade.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If it's true, the Dodgers were probably hoping they could sit on this news while they traded a few of their 49 outfielders.

Big Al

Oct 25, 2017
New York

For the record haven't seen anyone else with this yet, Craig Mish retweeted it though

edit: looks legit, two year deal. Sounds good

Last edited:

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
The Cards honestly should just cut bait with Fowler at this point. I do believe he's going to have a great bounceback season, he's made some comments that he was depressed last year due to the manager (not surprising), not feeling like he's really fitting in to the clubhouse, among other things.

I think he just needs a change of scenery. With the fanbase being outright obsessed with Harper (including myself since the Cards FO made it clear they were going "big" this offseason), starting Fowler as the every day RF'er is not going to sit well w/ the fans I don't think.

dmncnby2k20

Oct 25, 2017
I've had this convo with a few people. I still don't see the Mets competing this season.
If our SPs perform and stay healthy, maybe. Rotation with DeGawd, Thor, Wheeler and Matz is pretty solid.But the Braves, Nats and Phil's are solid teams. It's going to be hard to get into the playoffs but the moves have been solid so far

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Is it just that one guy saying that Bryce and the Dodgers have an agreement? Wouldn't someone "bigger" have that rumor too?
But still if true.
xfkmR7Q.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.