• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Don't give a shit about anyone else besides Kelenic. Not sure how I feel about the trade.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Is it me or is the math completely wrong? The Mets are getting $20m from the Ms. That means they're still paying Cano $100m over the next 5 years. They still have to pay whoever is replacing Bruce and Swarzak on the roster.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like the move for the Mets and I'm usually pretty down on them. Not Frozen levels down, but down...

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
Mariners now have a committed salary of $38M in 2021, down from $146M this coming year. With some good decisions in the free agent market (lol) and if most of the prospects turn out, maybe 2021 is the start of something.

I am convincing myself more and more that this trade was both good and necessary.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Mariners now have a committed salary of $38M in 2021, down from $146M this coming year. With some good decisions in the free agent market (lol) and if most of the prospects turn out, maybe 2021 is the start of something.

I am convincing myself more and more that this trade was both good and necessary.
It was a good trade for the Mariners in general.
you managed to trade a cheat with a lot of money on his contract for an actual return while performing a big salary dump by just giving up a good reliever.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a fan of the deal at all, I'm expecting Cano to put up decent numbers next season and then proceed to fall off a cliff.

Watching him play until 40 is gonna be fun :/

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Do we know what the Braves realistic budget is for this offseason? Do they have enough leeway to get a Keuchel + a high end bullpen arm + a Brantley in addition to Donaldson?

Last edited:

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is such an awful move. Great. Now we are in the exact same situation the Mariners were in. So if we don't win now as we try and trade away our second best player because the organization doesn't like him, that's perfectly logical.

This franchise is determined to be a joke .

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Kluber? WTF why

Just keep Syndergaard and have the best rotation in the NL. Sign Miller and Ottavino and one of the two good free agent catchers. Boom.

clemenx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Venezuela
Yeah, I was "ok "with trading Syndergaard before the Cano/Diaz trade.But not now. Keep your best players for the next 2 years. MAYBE Trade Wheeler if someone wants to dish a good OF for him.

I'm fine with the trade but it requires them to go balls deep and I don't know if they will do it. They need to sign Grandal and another top free agent at the very least. Half assing and acting as if the trade alone will make them an awesome team would be a worst case scenario.

Still need Mcneil and Alonso to be for real and Cespedes to not be dead for the team to be good but I like the boldness.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
It would be so incredibly stupid if the Mets turn around and trade Syndergaard now after acquiring Cano.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was "ok "with trading Syndergaard before the Cano/Diaz trade.But not now. Keep your best players for the next 2 years. MAYBE Trade Wheeler if someone wants to dish a good OF for him.

I'm fine with the trade but it requires them to go balls deep and I don't know if they will do it. They need to sign Grandal and another top free agent at the very least. Half assing and acting as if the trade alone will make them an awesome team would be a worst case scenario.

Still need Mcneil and Alonso to be for real and Cespedes to not be dead for the team to be good but I like the boldness.
Don't even need to trade Wheeler. Sign AJ Pollock.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
This trade makes no sense to me, so I am just going to wait until it actually becomes official to start getting excited. Adonis Medina or some prospect from the Phillies has to be included in this deal.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Think the trade for the Mets is great honestly. Fans have gotten so preconditioned to overvalue prospects they ignore the fact the Mets got maybe the best reliever in baseball and a 2B who managed to put up 3 WAR in half a season last year.

The cost wasn't that overwhelming and honestly its time the Mets stopped operating like they're the Rays when it comes to payroll. Mets FO has been insanely passive for the last half decade and that approach didn't pay off at all.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Think the trade for the Mets is great honestly. Fans have gotten so preconditioned to overvalue prospects they ignore the fact the Mets got maybe the best reliever in baseball and a 2B who managed to put up 3 WAR in half a season last year.

The cost wasn't that overwhelming and honestly its time the Mets stopped operating like they're the Rays when it comes to payroll. Mets FO has been insanely passive for the last half decade and that approach didn't pay off at all.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Mariners are basically willing to do anything and everything to dump payroll. That's the way you read those trades.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the Mariners are wanting to unload Seager, the Cards should explore exactly what the Mests just did. Try to find a way to unload Fowler for Seager, but work in a trade for Haniger.

But hey, we'll get Brantley and like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.