• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Dodgers gave Roberts a 4 year deal. :/

Kenley working on cardio week after his heart surgery. And Magic plus his partners going all in and met with Harper. He probably tried to pull a move he used with Lebron

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trade for Goldschmidt who can walk in a year. Same as Ozuna.

Or just spend on Harper who you can for sure lock up long term.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nationals are going to heavily regret that deal and just lol @ Yankees fans getting mad because the Yankees are "cheap" for not paying Corbin $23.3 million AAV over six years.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Things heating up within the past half-hour

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

On one side I really hope the white sox don't spend that much on one player that is likely only going to average like 3 WAR during the contract. On the other side it would be nice to have a star player on the white sox again since they really haven't since Frank Thomas (Chris Sale was to some degree but you only got to see him every 5 days)

Yeah, I can't fault the Yankees.

That's a lot of money for effectively 1 good year.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck. Nats have a ton tied up in 3 pitchers.

Guess they're out on Harper.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that the reported number the Yankees offered was 5/100 doesn't mean that was their last, best and final.

It assuredly wasn't. There's no reason to put your cards on the table when the guy across from it wants a term you're not willing to do, e.g. a sixth year.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phils are going to react fast. I'm thinking they go after Harper and get it done.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Tucker Barnhart tweeted something suspicious after the Reds blockbuster trade leaked out.
Kluber is gonna be ours :,)

Or Baur
I mean he's great but his views and personality are gross.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the Mets don't trade Rosario or Conforto for Realmuto, but a Nimmo led package PLUS a signing of Pollock makes me happy

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

I'm calling Arizona the winner there.
two former top 100 players (once as recently as this year was 55th) another decent prospect and a draft pick for a 1 year rental.

I mean there is a chance none of them can pan out, but that seems like a really solid return for a 1 year rental.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess my viewpoint is its a great trade for both. Cards have pitching they believe can fare better than Weaver, and Kelly looks be supplanted by Knizner. I just don't trust this approach anymore, it burned us w/ Heyward (though that clearly turned out in our favor), but Goldschmidt will likely want to test FA, and Ozuna will for sure.

I also feel that since Goldy was acquired via trade, they still should go for Harper. Either way, you have a guy to build around, and if you extend Goldschmidt or Ozuna depending on how he bounces back, then even better.

I just don't see the Cards going that route. We'll get a few BP arms, and that'll be it. Fowler in RF next year w/ O'Neill as the 4th guy.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Well, I suppose there's always the "trade Goldschmidt before the deadline to the Yankees when you're out of playoff contention" dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.