• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I cant believe we got rid of Homer and got way better pieces in return. I would have taken a broken washing machine and thought we would have won that trade as long as we got rid of his terrible contract. Great day to be a reds fan

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Read the Padres are also in on Realmuto? Like, why though.

Just, for once, hold on to the Robbie Alomars and Trey Turners. Always building great farm systems then wasting it.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Read the Padres are also in on Realmuto? Like, why though.

Just, for once, hold on to the Robbie Alomars and Trey Turners. Always building great farm systems then wasting it.
Realmuto makes sense, as does Kluber, especially with the depth of the farm.

Padres seem like they are about a year away from making up ground, either one of those pieces would be a nice part of it.

I guess it'll come down to how much the Padres are willing to give. Tatis Jr. should be untouchable IMO.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, even with the deep pockets, I can see why a team like the Yankees who are loaded with young/prime position players would hesitate to dump a huge contract on Harper or Manny's lap, as great as those guys are.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Honestly, even with the deep pockets, I can see why a team like the Yankees who are loaded with young/prime position players would hesitate to dump a huge contract on Harper or Manny's lap, as great as those guys are.
They still need another left handed bat and don't really have an obvious starting LF, they need a better defensive 3B (and SS for the first half of this season), and they are generating an obscene amount of money right now which they have not so far reinvested in their payroll. I get the argument for only signing one, especially with a seemingly stronger FA starting pitcher class next year which they need to be in on, but there is no reason not to land at least one of them given their age.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I found out just today that the MLB is coming to London in June 2019 (Yankees vs. Red Sox)

Who asked for this?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Machado could be the second coming of Reggie. Well, without any of the charisma of Reggie.
My money is on the Yankees version of pablo sandoval.

Machado reeks of a player who will get the big payday and then stop trying.

Quite happy if the Yankees get him instead of the white Sox. Not that i was worried the white Sox would get him. I'm worried the white Sox might get harper though.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
My guess for the Reds this season and etc.

Record: 82-80
Rotation:
Luis Castillo
Alex Wood
Anthony Desclafani
Tanner Roark
Tyler Mahle

Reds Lineup

Jose Peraza
Scooter Gennett
Joey Votto
Eugenia Suarez
Jessie Winker
Nick Senzel
Yaisel Puig
Tucker Barnhart
Pitcher

Rotation AVG Prediction: 4.1 ERA
Projection for Runs scored: 650 range

HR Estimates:
35 HR: Eugenia Suarez
30 HR: Yaisel Puig
30 HR: Scooter Gennett
20 HR: Joey Votto
20 HR: Scott Schebler
15 HR: Jose Peraza
15 HR: Jessie Winker
10 HR: Nick Senzel
10 HR: Tucker Barnhart

Trades and Free Agency:
Matt Kemp and Kyle Farmer will be shipped out for a possible ace(add prospects if so) or prospects.

Reds do not sign Dallas Keuchel.

2019 India, Long, etc. are brought up and the Reds competitive window opens.

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly liike a lot of the people on MLB network more than most other sports networks

NBA is particularly dreadful

NFL has Bae Adams but not a whole lot else

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
They should turn it into the 24/7 Chris Russo network and see how many people they kill from excessive blood loss through their eyes and ears.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
The likelihood of Tulo still being on the roster come opening day is probably about 50%. It's just a dirt cheap lotto ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.