• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseDFrog

Oct 27, 2017
b9woYgO.jpg
This needs to be the first post of every page.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Embarrassing. And if you're gonna cheap out so Hal can buy another yacht at least get a switch hitter like Lowrie or Marwin. Why the fuck would you pay more for someone worse than Jed Lowrie who is a worse fit with your lineup.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, the Yankees signing LeMahieu doesn't make much sense. It's like they intentionally neglected 3rd as much as possible. Unless they plan on trading Torres.

Last edited:

JoseDFrog

Oct 27, 2017

He's easily worth twice that. I can't wait till there's a strike. The next CBA needs to cut the years of control a team has, raise minor league wages and guarantee a bigger share for all players. Owners don't wanna pay for players over 30 after they have reaped the rewards of underpaying them. Don't get me started on MM and BH, those guys should have both been signed to 10 year deals already.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
So is the consensus around Dodgerland that the Dodgers are shitting the bed in regards to offseason? I mean I don't care about Bryce but I'd like to get some more quality pitchers in our pen and shore up 2B and C positions.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
So is the consensus around Dodgerland that the Dodgers are shitting the bed in regards to offseason? I mean I don't care about Bryce but I'd like to get some more quality pitchers in our pen and shore up 2B and C positions.

Still think they are more likely to make a wave via trade (Kluber?) than signing Bryce to a huge deal. Despite all the money and large market, this Dodger front office has never really given out huge big money contracts. I think Justin Turner at like 4/$60 million is the biggest contract they've ever given out.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Still think they are more likely to make a wave via trade (Kluber?) than signing Bryce to a huge deal. Despite all the money and large market, this Dodger front office has never really given out huge big money contracts. I think Justin Turner at like 4/$60 million is the biggest contract they've ever given out.
Yeah I know. It's why A while ago I said they'd probably do like a 3 year 150 mill for Bryce.
And yeah if we got Kluber I'd be happy.
Kershaw-Kubler-Buerlhe-Hill-Ryu
That's a good rotation right there.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Can't get the tweet to load, but apparently the Yankees plan on playing LeMahieu at 2nd, short, and 3rd. He's played 7 games at 3rd in the last five years, what could go wrong? Especially when they plan to slot Gleyber at short. It's like some weird alternate dimension parody and the opposite of a good plan. I guess LeMahieu can't possibly be worse than Andujar at 3rd, but that's a very low bar.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the owners are colluding, but it is real damn interesting that beyond Harper/Machado, there are still a number of cheaper options out there that can help improve a club.

But, when you have 10 teams that are purposely tanking, they're not going to be spending anyway.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a combination of things. As teams get smarter and more reliant on analytics, I think its tanking the middle class of the market. Teams that used to hand out $50-90 million contracts for 2-3 WAR position players and pitchers are realizing they can probably find guys that can give you 60-80% of that production for peanuts on the scrap heap/waiver wire or in their own farm system. The luxury tax is also contributing to this (and working as intended for owners, letting them pocket more revenue) but I think that's what is also slowing down the market for guys like Harper or Machado. The big money teams like LA or NY can absolutely afford to give those guys $300 million contracts without breaking a sweat. As evidenced by the Cubs and Heyward, if that contract goes south though, its' not totally crippling for these large market teams, but it absolutely does affect their flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.