• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Never a doubt
That said, I'm fucking done with Free Agency rumor mill shit. 90% of it is reporters doing good by the agents who are there sources for various things.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Why did he settle for 25 a year AAV? Is it performance laced? Well get a full no trade clause. And he didn't want an opt out. Phillies looking good but i dont think it'll be enough.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why did he settle for 25 a year AAV? Is it performance laced? Well get a full no trade clause. And he didn't want an opt out. Phillies looking good but i dont think it'll be enough.
It's basically just deferred money. He wasn't going to get $25m for his age 36-39 seasons so might as well just have him signed for it even if he isn't worth $25m at that point

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Fook yeah Phillies, lets go! And no opt outs needed!- just shows how much of a BS bluffer Boras is. The Phillies obviously had the right money on the table from the start (and all reports indicated they were the only team that would offer $330 mill at 10+ years, and they clearly were fine with accepting that but obviously they opted to "listen" to lighter offers from Giants/Dodgers to try and get Philly to think he was slipping away and cave even more.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem that bad. Well, it's bad, but I thought it'd be a lot worse.

Also the Bonilla thing is always funny but isn't it like $1MM a year? I know it's money for nothing but it's really not a lot of money.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem that bad. Well, it's bad, but I thought it'd be a lot worse.

Also the Bonilla thing is always funny but isn't it like $1MM a year? I know it's money for nothing but it's really not a lot of money.
I wish my personal life was in a situation where 1 million a year is "really not a lot of money" :P

Malo

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY
Harper and Boras were hell bent on getting more money than Stanton. So much so that he's only getting an aav of $25 million.

Also, I'm surprised there isn't an opt out.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I bet that's why he didn't sign with Giants and Dodgers. They probably wanted Opt Outs. Esentially if Bryce gets hert and doesn't return to his form they'll be stuck with him and that contract. Still he got paid though.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
I bet that's why he didn't sign with Giants and Dodgers. They probably wanted Opt Outs. Esentially if Bryce gets hert and doesn't return to his form they'll be stuck with him and that contract. Still he got paid though.
Teams don't want player opt outs. You can safely assume that the Phillies deal was either sub-Stanton money with opt outs or the current contract with no opt outs and Boras/Harper took the latter.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Teams don't want player opt outs. You can safely assume that the Phillies deal was either sub-Stanton money with opt outs or the current contract with no opt outs and Boras/Harper took the latter.
yup. Opt outs are always a bad thing for a team.
Either a player is doing better than their contract and thus opts out wanting more money
or they are doing equal to or worse than their contract and don't opt out.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

I doubt the Dodgers or Giants (their new GM comes from the Dodgers) had any interest in giving him 10-13 years, opt outs or not.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't follow baseball super closely, but can anyone explain why he decided to do a 13 year contract?

I thought that he and his agent was wanting to make him the highest paid player in MLB. This doesn't do that.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
zLbFgsy.gif

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
*snickers*
47188976702_609f733161_h.jpg

that helmet and jersey are obviously photoshopped on.... is his beard also photoshopped lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.