• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
alex-rodriguez.jpg-12112.jpg

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
It was funny timing earlier when the Phillies' announcers mentioned the attendance and followed it up with, "I don't think they can pack more people in here!" then switched to a camera facing the mound, then the batter's box, that both showed many more empty seats than filled ones. I'm sure lots of people were up getting food or drink, but still.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Fantasy owners needed for both ERA Yahoo leagues

Both the Keeper League and non-keeper league need several new owners. I am looking for 2 new owners for the keeper league, and at least 1 new owner for the non-keeper league (with a max of 3 new owners). Interested owners should PM me, don't reply here in the thread.

Current Status:

ResetERA Baseball (keeper league) - need to replace 2 owners. Figurants has gone awol, and DominicanPower has informed me that he's not playing this year.
We currently have 12 teams in, so we are OK if we don't replace these owners but I'd like to keep going with 14. The new teams will not have any keepers, but WILL have the first picks in each round to make up for it.

mlbERA Fantasy Rejects (non-keeper) - need to replace at least 1 owner, up to 3. Figurants and Dominican were in this league too and both need to be replaced for reasons mentioned above, along with one other owner who hasn't been active the last two seasons. League currently has 9 teams, so we'd need AT LEAST one more owner to play.

Also - the Keeper deadline for ResetERA Baseball league is March 18. I will be finalizing keepers the next day. Get those keepers in BEFORE then if you can. The ResetERA Baseball (keeper league) draft is scheduled for

Date: Sunday, March 24, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm EDT

The mlbERA Fantasy Rejects (non-keeper) draft is scheduled for

Date: Saturday, March 23, 2019
Time: 8:30 pm

All times Eastern. I will update the thread every so often with reminders, and send reminders out to the emails you all signed up with on yahoo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League Info

I. ResetERA Baseball - Keeper, Head to Head roto.

Scoring categories
- hitters - R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OPS
- pitchers - W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, QS

Roster
- C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, NA

Waiver - 2 days, Continual Rolling list

Playoffs - seeded by order of standings

II. mlbERA Fantasy Rejects - non keeper, 5x5 Roto.

Scoring categories
- hitters - R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP
- pitchers - W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Roster
- C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Waiver - 2 days, Continual Rolling list

Last edited:

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frozenprince what do you think we should do at 1st with Alonso absolutely destroying the ball but Smith playing incredibly well too?
As dumb as it is, there's no reason Alonso should start at the majors this year despite clearly being ready.

But he'll be up like a day after the cutoff. And should start over Dom because Dom has more value as a bench piece barring him just absolutely crushing the ball.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I'm enjoying the beautiful weather here at the White Sox / A's game. What star players should I be watching? I don't know a thing about these teams.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
As dumb as it is, there's no reason Alonso should start at the majors this year despite clearly being ready.

But he'll be up like a day after the cutoff. And should start over Dom because Dom has more value as a bench piece barring him just absolutely crushing the ball.

Agree 100%.

Do we consider trading Dom if they both play well?

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Cecil wont make the opening day roster. Shreve and Miller from the left side with Reyes, Hudson, Leone, Gant from the right side.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Braves vs. Nationals on MLB Network today at 1pm ET

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Just put in a strict as fuck pitcher clock and hold the other silly symphony changes.

Malo

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY
3 batter minimum is dumb, but some of the other proposals ($1M to the derby winner, one single trade deadline and a 26 man roster), I'm okay with.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26259301/sources-mlb-union-agree-1-trade-deadline

I can't believe they are actually going to do the 3 batter minimum for pitchers starting in 2020
most of that is garbage.

"regular-season rosters will expand from 25 to 26 players while September rosters will contract to a maximum of 28 "
regular season is fine but there isn't a good reason to decrease the september roster

limits on how my pitchers you can carry
limits on when a position player can pitch
limits on when you can pull a pitcher.

just bleh.

and yet somehow, we still don't have a DH for the NL.

not really sure why the players union would agree to the limits on when you can pull a pitcher or the roster decreases in september, both are going to hurt players going forward. If I'm a Loogy I wake up knowing that the higher ups just basically pushed me out of my sport. Who's going to want a Loogy that has to face more than the left handed batter they were hired to get out? Meanwhile the limits on the roster expansion means less time for minor league players to audition for their fans, reducing pressure on the teams to call up their better players. Plus it decreases the worth of having a deep farm system for a playoff run :/

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
3 batter min? ew. just reduce the number of pitchers on the roster for the same results.

Lathentar

Oct 27, 2017
most of that is garbage.

"regular-season rosters will expand from 25 to 26 players while September rosters will contract to a maximum of 28 "
regular season is fine but there isn't a good reason to decrease the september roster

Meanwhile the limits on the roster expansion means less time for minor league players to audition for their fans, reducing pressure on the teams to call up their better players. Plus it decreases the worth of having a deep farm system for a playoff run :/
I've read a few places as to how going to a 40 man roster favors teams with more money.
https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports...rosters-unfair-races-terrible-games/472267992

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I just don't get it. I feel like these are knee jerk reactions to a problem that doesn't exist. It's like when there is a thread in OT. A ton of people have thoughts and opinions, yet all of them are people who admit they have no interest in watching the sport.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
How long before they take away innings and put in a game clock?
I'll stop watching baseball and never look back if that is ever done.
One reason I like baseball over most other sports is because it's literally not over until it's over.
even if historically I have seen that bite the team I root for in the ass more than I have seen them come back lol.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As though telling all your relievers to max effort every pitch and then just rifling through all of them is some strategic masterstroke that must be saved to protect the integrity of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.