• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

I can't say for sure but I'm willing to bet this guy has said it:

The-Douchebag-Yankees-Fan-From-Last-Night.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Some chodes online are saying it. Almost everyone else is mocking those same chodes (who bought the idea NY was totally getting him/Arenado, which is why they didn't go for Harper/Machado).

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Every Yankees fan who has been alive at any point in Mike Trout's career.

Some chodes online are saying it. Almost everyone else is mocking those same chodes (who bought the idea NY was totally getting him/Arenado, which is why they didn't go for Harper/Machado).

If you like baseball, like at all, all of the big signings this year are reasons to be happy, not mad. The Rockies kept their superstar, the Padres got a superstar, the Phillies went from being total losers to having a formidable team and getting the most marketable name in the game, and the Angels kept the best player alive on their team for his whole career. And still you're seeing people complaining about the Yankees not buying a bunch of players. Those things are good for baseball, and despite what the fans of the top 3 spenders thing, it is actually bad for the sport when upper level talent is consolidated on the rich teams.

Last edited:

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
KEEPER LEAGUE KEEPER DECLARATION DEADLINE IS TODAY!!! I WILL FINALIZE THESE TOMMORROW. After which, i will determine the draft order (as always, by last season's finish with the new teams going first) and assign keepers to draft slots according to Yahoo overall ranking as usual.

don't forget about the upcoming drafts

Rejects Draft (non-keeper)
Date: Saturday, March 23, 2019
Time: 8:30 pm

ResetERA Baseball (Keeper League ) draft
Date: Sunday, March 24, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm EDT

Please set your order if you aren't gonna be here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Regular season starts in under 10 hours from Tokyo

D2Co_ROXQAE9Er-.png:large

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Wait, it's opening day? Also, I was somewhat surprised to see that once all teams start playing, every team has a full series (except the two teams that kick off the season, for obvious reasons). They finally did something about the schedule. Amazing. I guess they did last year too, but they didn't start on March 20th.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so maybe Eloy Jimenez will start with the white sox?

White Sox Nearing Extension With Eloy Jimenez
1:51pm: It's a $42.5MM guarantee over six seasons with two options thereafter that could raise the bill to $75MM, per Dinisio Soldevila of Periodico Hoy (Twitter links). There's also said to be a $2.5MM MVP bonus.

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic puts the promised cash at $43MM in a subsequent tweet.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/03/white-sox-nearing-extension-with-eloy-jimenez.html

I'm pretty sure contracts start when they are signed and wouldn't matter towards play time o.O

Oct 27, 2017
so maybe Eloy Jimenez will start with the white sox?

White Sox Nearing Extension With Eloy Jimenez

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/03/white-sox-nearing-extension-with-eloy-jimenez.html

I'm pretty sure contracts start when they are signed and wouldn't matter towards play time o.O

I imagine he will be in the lineup on opening day. The only reason he was going to start in the minors was to manipulate his service time. That goes out the window with the contract.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine he will be in the lineup on opening day. The only reason he was going to start in the minors was to manipulate his service time. That goes out the window with the contract.
I actually could still see him starting in the minors for a few reasons.

A. to save face so it doesn't look like it was the only reason he was going to start in the minors.
B. he was in fact hitting .140 in the spring, so give him a little time to get his swing working on easier pitchers.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Keeper league keepers have been finalized. Keepers have been entered in and draft order has been determined. here's the Draft order. (snake draft)

unknown.png

Our two new teams are at the top of the draft with their order determined by random.org

Everyone else was ordered by finish from last season.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

don't forget about the upcoming drafts

Rejects Draft (non-keeper)
Date: Saturday, March 23, 2019
Time: 8:30 pm

ResetERA Baseball (Keeper League ) draft
Date: Sunday, March 24, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm EDT

Please set your order if you aren't gonna be here.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually could still see him starting in the minors for a few reasons.

A. to save face so it doesn't look like it was the only reason he was going to start in the minors.
B. he was in fact hitting .140 in the spring, so give him a little time to get his swing working on easier pitchers.
lol no you don't pay a guy 42,000,000 to ride the pine or the minor league bus

Status
Not open for further replies.