• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you pay Verlander 33m a season for his age 37 and 38 seasons before he even plays his age 36 season that makes no sense.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Eloy Jiménez was back with the white sox and went 3-3 today.
seems likely that he will be there opening day so here's hoping I get to at least watch a ROTY season this year.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of these extensions are basically the compromise middle ground between ridiculous free agent deals and the owners not spending shit, so of course the fans of whatever teams didn't extend their guys are screaming "STRIKE INCOMING" despite the fact that this is what is good for the game. Teams keeping their guys is objectively good. This does not trend towards a labor stoppage, it's the opposite.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Keuchel still being available is crazy to me. His production has dipped, surely, but he's certainly a 3-5 type starter. I know he wants a longer deal, though.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keuchel still being available is crazy to me. His production has dipped, surely, but he's certainly a 3-5 type starter. I know he wants a longer deal, though.

Players and their agents misjudged the free agent market in favor of just assuming everything would just be static. Lots of players got the money they wanted and lots of players got generational wealth for seasons they wouldn't have otherwise got it through extensions.

Kimbrel and Keuchel are like the primary examples of players and agents making a huge mistake in evaluating the market. Kimbrel just assumed the Chapman deal was going to be available forever when the numbers clearly indicate it's a bad use of money. Keuchel just assumes "free agent starter who won a CY" means huge bucks, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and a finesse lefty.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Players and their agents misjudged the free agent market in favor of just assuming everything would just be static. Lots of players got the money they wanted and lots of players got generational wealth for seasons they wouldn't have otherwise got it through extensions.

Kimbrel and Keuchel are like the primary examples of players and agents making a huge mistake in evaluating the market. Kimbrel just assumed the Chapman deal was going to be available forever when the numbers clearly indicate it's a bad use of money. Keuchel just assumes "free agent starter who won a CY" means huge bucks, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and a finesse lefty.
Yep, totally agree. I just though Atlanta or NY would have been barking up that tree after all of the spring injuries to their rotations. I guess Keuchel's situation is basically Arrieta's from last year.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Will be really interesting to see how they fare in Philly

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jose Ramirez carted off the field after hitting a ball off his knee. He was my first pick in fantasy this year.

Also, Syndergaard bitching about having to go do Syracuse and dropping the 'like an adult' line is a not a real good look for a guy whining about being sent somewhere by his employer whose only real reason for not wanting to participate in that bit of marketing is 'I don't wanna go.'

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Jose Ramirez carted off the field after hitting a ball off his knee. He was my first pick in fantasy this year.

Also, Syndergaard bitching about having to go do Syracuse and dropping the 'like an adult' line is a not a real good look for a guy whining about being sent somewhere by his employer whose only real reason for not wanting to participate in that bit of marketing is 'I don't wanna go.'
Traded by the deadline.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Keeper League draft concluded.

I think yall got me this year, I really didn't draft well. I kept having my picks taken right out from under me (even my stealth picks and smart reaches) and didn't have a good plan B for any of them. Gonna have a lot of guys with sub-.800 OPSes. Waited too long on RPs too. Will have to hit the wire hard.

Deleted member 34711

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Trout for life.
Simba wants to stay.
Ohtani'll be back to DH in May.
Pujols batting 6th in the lineup tonight.

For the first time in a few years, I feel like I picked the right team.

Oct 25, 2017
Keeper League draft concluded.

I think yall got me this year, I really didn't draft well. I kept having my picks taken right out from under me (even my stealth picks and smart reaches) and didn't have a good plan B for any of them. Gonna have a lot of guys with sub-.800 OPSes. Waited too long on RPs too. Will have to hit the wire hard.
Im curious as to some of those people you were targeting

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
Dodgers Ownership after DeGrom extension: We are saving money for.... Checks notes....Acuna Jr in 2026.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Dodgers Ownership after DeGrom extension: We are saving money for.... Checks notes....Acuna Jr in 2026.

The dodgers are not saving money for anyone. Not sure why their fans rile themselves up for the next big free agent when it's become increasingly clear this front office is just aligned with the idea of signing free agents to 8-10 year contracts.
They offered Bryce Harper, who is 26, a 4 year deal for crying out loud. Their blueprint the last few years has been pretty straight forward. They invest a lot in international scouting and drafting development in order to be able to have a roster of valuable/productive guys making peanuts, and supplement that by trying to find/fix vets on the cheap, or signing mid level free agents to short deals.

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
The dodgers are not saving money for anyone. Not sure why their fans rile themselves up for the next big free agent when it's become increasingly clear this front office is just aligned with the idea of signing free agents to 8-10 year contracts.
They offered Bryce Harper, who is 26, a 4 year deal for crying out loud. Their blueprint the last few years has been pretty straight forward. They invest a lot in international scouting and drafting development in order to be able to have a roster of valuable/productive guys making peanuts, and supplement that by trying to find/fix vets on the cheap, or signing mid level free agents to short deals.
Preaching to the choir over here

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Turk-in-5x09-My-Half-Acre-scrubs-29770997-400-220.gif

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Padres pitching prospect Chris Paddack, who is a top 35 prospect in baseball (and would have shot up those rankings based on the fact he carved up major leaguers all spring), has made the starting rotation for the team. He found out about this on the mound in Seattle yesterday when Andy Green took him off the mound in the third, and casually asked Eric Hosmer, "hey what are you doing on Sunday?" Hosmer responded: "playing first behind this guy in his first major league start."

This is a way more fun team than any Padres team in the last 10 years. I would actually just give it 50/50 that Fernando Tatis Jr. is going to just make the team also. He's still with the major league club, two days before the opener.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
all the good players are signing extensions, soon there will be no one left for future free agency. should speed up the strike talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.