• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Players Weekend just screams "Corporate Event". Its like "look, we're a fun workplace, you don't have to wear a tie on Fridays" . And here is a sticker for your 10 yrs of service to the company.

Q5KOOuW.jpg

Last edited:

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Players Weekend just screams "Corporate Event". Its like "look, we're a fun workplace, you don't have to wear a tie on Fridays" . And here is a sticker for your 10 yrs of service to the company.

Q5KOOuW.jpg

It's a way for MLB to sell more jerseys. No different than what the NBA does with the city edition jerseys. I don't think the players care one way or another. It's not like they're generally not having fun playing baseball.

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Jansen with the save! Based loaded 1 out, down by 1. Got the save doe. Stadium was electric, can't wait to be there tomorrow! With Kershaw pitching!

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Another pathetic game by the Yankees. They get a gift wrap in the 9th and still blow it. pretty amazing how nothing is working for the team now. The whole Gleybor thing is beyond belief too. And their division lead is starting to decrease...

Last edited:

Malo

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY
I'm going to need an explanation on that called time. Torres was nearly half way to home.

Anyway, that was a fun game.

Last edited:

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm going to need an explanation on that called time. Torres was nearly half way to home.

Anyway, that was a fun game.

The moment Torres started running home it's considered a live play, and I'm pretty sure no one, including the umps, can call time in the middle of a live play.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I wonder if teams will now try calling time when a runner is scoring from 2nd and maybe the ump will grant the timeout and put the runner on 3rd base.

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
These white uniforms are fucking awful on TV (probably in person too, but especially on TV). Fuckers looking like Willy Wonka out there.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Can we get that 3 batter rule for pitchers please
2020 buddy.

• Minimum Number of Batters for Pitchers: The Office of the Commissioner will implement an amended Official Baseball Rule 5.10(g) requiring that starting pitchers and relief pitchers must pitch to either a minimum of three batters or the end of a half-inning (with exceptions for incapacitating injury or illness). The Players Association has agreed that it will not grieve or otherwise challenge the Office of the Commissioner's implementation of the amended Rule 5.10(g).

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Easily Kennedy's worst outing this year... Woof... Got lucky that O'Hearn hit a tie-breaking HR and Jorge Lopez picked up his slack with a save.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Mets always have to revert back to the Mets - they never fail

Today's loss was whatever, we couldn't hit for shit the entire series but losing Friday (when we coulda walked off back to back innings) + Saturday after Alonso's HR were just devastating.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
The most hyped up series of the year and the Dodgers played like absolute shit all weekend. Man what a letdown.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Happ is pure garbage. What's the point of throwing a change up at 88 mph when your fastball is around 91 mph? There's barely any difference in velocity.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I love that this Cards group is giving a giant middle finger to the FO.

Meanwhile DeWitt is crying about how the Cards are barely profitable.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Yordan Alvarez didn't play in thr majors until June and has 61 RBIs and 20 HR in 60 games and oh yea he's batting over .300

Status
Not open for further replies.