• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Uncalled for. dude is an all-time-great. Baseball is a chaotic game by its very nature.

He will be a hall of famer. He will also be remembered for blowing many a postseason game.
Yeah, no.

We'll send him to be QB for the Jest before that happens.

Making the playoffs isn't the issue for the Dodgers, henhowc .

You posted that you rather the dodgers be mediocre and not make the playoffs than make them and lose...

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
I gotta be honest, as a Cards fan beating up on Kershaw in the first half of this decade was surreal and amazing at the time. But now it just feels bad, like we broke him forever in the postseason. I was kind of hoping we would play the Dodgers and he would throw an amazing game as long as we still won the NLCS.

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed but expected. Maeda did great work this series and im going to remember roberts yanking him after giving great 1-2-3 innings in games 4 and 5. Game 5 was the roughest, Maeda came in and gave a 1-2-3 and was absolutely charged up but roberts yanked him and had pollock PH for him.

Since dodgers are out, i'd like to see the rays win only because of their lowest in the league payroll stat.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i like Kershaw about as much as I could possibly like a dodger as a giants fan. He seems like a genuinely good dude, and he has had an incredible career. It's been a joy (miserable) watching him beat the shit out of the giants for the past 10+ years. I don't get any joy in watching him fail in the playoffs repeatedly. At this point it's just sad. I actually feel bad for him. I wish he could dominate the LDS and LCS at least, prove himself a bit, and then lose in the World Series. Sucks to see him go out like a chump so soon.

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
Lol what there is no way that is true. You guys won 1 last year as well, enjoy life.

You're right. It's not true in a 15 years vs 100 scale. However.

2000-present - Lakers 5, All DC Teams 1
1990-present - Lakers 5, All DC Teams 2
1980-present - Lakers 10, All DC Teams 5
1970-present - Lakers 11, All DC Teams 6
1960-present - Lakers 11, All DC Teams 6
(Note - the Lakers moved to LA in 1960)
1950-present - Lakers 11, all DC Teams 6
1940-present - Lakers 11, all DC Teams 6
1930-present - Lakers 11, all DC Teams 8
1920-present - Lakers 11, all DC Teams 9
Forever-present - Lakers 11, all DC Teams 9

So yeah, I'll take a giant pass on any sympathy for LA sports fans.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Just woke up to see... aw man, bless Joe Kelly for doing the Dodgers in two years in a row.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. This team just figures out new ways to fuck over their fans but they'll still lead the league in attendance every year.

jiggyfresh

Oct 27, 2017
i like Kershaw about as much as I could possibly like a dodger as a giants fan. He seems like a genuinely good dude, and he has had an incredible career. It's been a joy (miserable) watching him beat the shit out of the giants for the past 10+ years. I don't get any joy in watching him fail in the playoffs repeatedly. At this point it's just sad. I actually feel bad for him. I wish he could dominate the LDS and LCS at least, prove himself a bit, and then lose in the World Series. Sucks to see him go out like a chump so soon.

Every year it gets harder to reconcile how much I want Kershaw to win a ring with the feeling that the Dodgers must also never win one.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Every year it gets harder to reconcile how much I want Kershaw to win a ring with the feeling that the Dodgers must also never win one.

It's both depressing & embarrassing to see this team lose in the postseason year, after year, after year.

2013: Lost the NLCS to the Cardinals.
2014: Lost the NLDS to the Cardinals.
2015: Lost the NLDS to the Mets.
2016: Lost the NLCS to the Cubs.
2017: Lost the World Series to the Astros.
2018: Lost the World Series to the Red Sox.
2019: Lost the NLDS to the Nationals.

It just gets very old & tiring, & many Dodger fans are just pissed off at this rate. And I don't blame them one bit.

Someone like Mike Scioscia needs to take charge.

Last edited:

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
It's both depressing & embarrassing to see them lose in the postseason year, after year, after year.

2013: Lost the NLCS to the Cardinals.
2014: Lost the NLDS to the Cardinals.
2015: Lost the NLDS to the Mets.
2016: Lost the NLCS to the Cubs.
2017: Lost the World Series to the Astros.
2018: Lost the World Series to the Red Sox.
2019: Lost the NLDS to the Nationals.

It just gets very old & tiring, & many Dodger fans are just pissed off at this rate.

poor Dodger fans, in the playoffs for 7 straight years....

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Final thoughts before I go to bed: I know everyone is shitting on Roberts and Kershaw, but this loss was thoroughly a team effort. The Dodgers are absolutely loaded with talent and most of it didn't show up this series.

Wall of shame:
A.J. Pollock: 0-13, 11 K's Cody Bellinger: .211 AVG, 0 RBI Will Smith: .077 AVG Corey Seager: .150 AVG, 0-8 w/ RISP Clayton Kershaw: 7.11 ERA Joe Kelly: 23.14 ERA

Smith is a rookie so I can't be too mad at him. Bellinger and Seager were the biggest disappointments; just seemed to completely lose their composure at the plate. Seager has been striking out flailing at inside breaking balls for 3 straight years now. Pollock... lol. Dude just fell into his deepest slump of the season at the absolute worst time. He was not seeing the ball at all; clearly guessing on pitches and boy was it ugly to watch.

In short, this about sums it up:

(With the notable exception of Justin Turner. Thank you big ginger man for always showing up in October.)

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Done with baseball for the year so long, all the teams reaming suck ass.. its Laker time. Were i know lebron will never disappoint me..

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I wanted Cards then Nats then A's to win it all. So, I'm still sitting pretty well. Now I just need the Yankees to lose in the ALCS and I've almost got a perfect postseason up to that point.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Losing back to back WS and watching the manager mismanage the game and talent into an NLDS exit in the following year?

Yes, Ninja Scooter, i am sure Texas Rangers fans were the envy of everyone when they lost B2B World Series titles. 🙄🙄🙄

FOH.

No one would "glady" take seeing that shit happen to their team.

I would glady super glady take this.

Not only would it mean I would care about baseball properly for the whole season (instead of just tuning in to watch how the prospects are developing from time to time). The white sox losing back to back WS means that there is no chance the Yankees or Red Sox could win it. Which would be glorious :P

Even if you know it's going to end up in heart break come playoffs, it's a lot more fun when your team at least makes it there instead of struggles to get to .500 on the season

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Still can't fucking believe it this morning. We finally made it to the NLCS, by beating the 108 win Dodgers, and hitting two homers in a row of Kershaw! So proud of this team, everything else from here on out is just gravy.

Big Al

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Dom Smith broke the Barves btw. That's canon

I'm cool with the playoff series meme ending at this point. Was getting tiring yelling that shit. had to happen eventually

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Roberts is a bad manager and has been a bad manager his entire time with the Dodgers. I can't believe we gave him a 4 year extension last year.. I totally forgot it was that long. I can imagine they give him another year because they're fucking stupid, but ownership needs to just bite the bullet and fire him. He cannot get it done. Boneheaded pitching decisions have cost the Dodgers every year under him and they will continue to do so... I really wish I hadn't read those quotes in the Passan article. Made it even worse.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Still can't fucking believe it this morning. We finally made it to the NLCS, by beating the 108 win Dodgers, and hitting two homers in a row of Kershaw! So proud of this team, everything else from here on out is just gravy.

What an absurd season. So many "you can't write this stuff" moments and potentially a bunch more to come.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slightly hot, maybe warm take: I think the Dodgers should give Muncy all the money they were going to give to Seager and either trade him or let him walk. Seager disappeared and has looked lost against semi-competent pitching all season. I think the story is out on both Seager and Cody--curve balls and breaking balls.

Cody has not hit a home run in Dodger stadium in the post-season.

As much shit as Roberts and Kershaw are getting, which is 100% deserved, two of your three biggest bats disappearing for an entire series is a huge problem. Turner always shows up, Muncy always shows up, I wish I could say the same about Seager and Bellinger.

Seager had a chance to at least tie game two in the bottom of the 9th and struck out. Dodgers had so many chances in game four to score runs and came away with nothing. I know Roberts can't hit the ball, but this fucking reliance on home runs instead of just hitting the ball has proven to not work. Three straight years of post season failure.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly hot, maybe warm take: I think the Dodgers should give Muncy all the money they were going to give to Seager and either trade him or let him walk. Seager disappeared and has looked lost against semi-competent pitching all season. I think the story is out on both Seager and Cody--curve balls and breaking balls.

Cody has not hit a home run in Dodger stadium in the post-season.

As much shit as Roberts and Kershaw are getting, which is 100% deserved, two of your three biggest bats disappearing for an entire series is a huge problem. Turner always shows up, Muncy always shows up, I wish I could say the same about Seager and Bellinger.

Seager had a chance to at least tie game two in the bottom of the 9th and struck out. Dodgers had so many chances in game four to score runs and came away with nothing. I know Roberts can't hit the ball, but this fucking reliance on home runs instead of just hitting the ball has proven to not work. Three straight years of post season failure.

theu don't have to do either. I'm fairly certain they still have both players under team control. Seager still has a higher ceiling, and started to pick up his production towards the end of the year which is probably a good sign for a guy who missed all of last season. A good front office isn't going to make judgements on a guy like that over a couple playoff game sample size. The dodgers have an abundance of good to great position players on cheap contracts and/or team control. There's no reason to do anything rash on that side of the team.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is all on Dave Roberts. He does this every single post season. Just awful at pitching changes. Simply awful. Kershaw isnt a reliever. learn from the yankees, you need dedicated relievers who do it all year. And its not like he gave up the lead. they were still in the game. Leaving Joe Kelly out there in the 10th was bizarre. why are you trying to save your relievers in game 5 extra innings? Hell, putting in joe kelly after the season he's had is insane.

just awful managing. boone had similar fuck ups last year. left severino in the 5th inning of the wild card game after he got out of a very tight jam in the 4th. he loaded the bases with no outs but thankfully Betances got out of it. He mismanaged Severino again in game 3 aginst the redsox and gave up on the game very early and brought shitty relievers. and then left CC in for far longer than he shouldve. but that was his first year, and hes much better this year. hilarious seeing him use ottavino for one hitter, but thats what you have to do now. roberts makes the same mistake every year.

fire him. the team is good enough to win a 100 games without him.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
BTW it took me 50 min to get to the trop. 15 to park and walk. Then 50 min back. And this is from the closest location in Tampa. Takes 10 min for bucs and lightning. Def worth it for playoffs but regular season they need to build a floating party barge. Ybor plz

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
As an outsider looking in at the Dodgers, yeah, it sure seems like Roberts is the problem there.

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
BTW it took me 50 min to get to the trop. 15 to park and walk. Then 50 min back. And this is from the closest location in Tampa. Takes 10 min for bucs and lightning. Def worth it for playoffs but regular season they need to build a floating party barge. Ybor plz
Living in Orlando it sucks even more, having to go through Dysfunction Junction adds another 30.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
theu don't have to do either. I'm fairly certain they still have both players under team control. Seager still has a higher ceiling, and started to pick up his production towards the end of the year which is probably a good sign for a guy who missed all of last season. A good front office isn't going to make judgements on a guy like that over a couple playoff game sample size. The dodgers have an abundance of good to great position players on cheap contracts and/or team control. There's no reason to do anything rash on that side of the team.
I think Muncy might be a FA, but if he isn't he for sure is going to ask for a raise. I think he made $500k this year.

I don't think it's rash to see that Seager (and Bellinger) have shrunk every year in the post season. Sometimes you have to make tough decisions to get over the hump. Canning Roberts isn't a tough decision, but they have to shake up the bats.

Or maybe firing Roberts will let these dudes blossom in the postseason.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
We should have fired him after his decisions cost us the Astros series. We should have fired him after the Red Sox series. We should fire him now. He's a nice guy, but he can't get it done. You're wasting prime years of guys (not Kershaw.. he's already been fully wasted) by keeping Roberts any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.