• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd take a bad decade where I make the playoffs 6 of 10 years in a decade >.>

I hope not, unless the white sox also get on top of the AL at the same time and sweep the cubs out of the world series.

Oh White Sox fans are always bitter. I think the South-side is looking up. I hope Kopech comes back strong. If Reinsdorf opens the checkbook, they should contend for the playoffs next year.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
They may have not made the WS but there were 1-2 games away from it twice in the past 3 years.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Oh White Sox fans are always bitter. I think the South-side is looking up. I hope Kopech comes back strong. If Reinsdorf opens the checkbook, they should contend for the playoffs next year.
Next year is still likely going to be a stretch, but 2021 isn't looking too bad. (they would have to make a lot of solid signings and maybe a few trades along with all the injured players coming back and pitching well for them to be a serious contender next year)

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Offseason to do list in descending order of importance:
Give Cole all the trust fund bucks
Let Chapman walk for fuck's sake
Bring back Dellin
Bring back Gardner on a similar 1 year deal
Bring back Didi only if he has no market

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Cscpb6e.jpg

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Because we should feel sorry for the Yankees for not making the World Series every 10 years. Save some for those of us thirsting for rings.

Everyone got what they wanted, including another potential ratings L for FOX. Lets go for 2 rings 'stros!

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Astros.

I dont get why do the reliever pitched game if you were going to use Happ, just start Happ, that is, a starter, stick with that and go to reliever after.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
c3b1ef3b6558a649503f98e51a20290c.jpg

"I still remember when we lost a 100 games three years in a row," Altuve said. "It seems like we were in the very, very bottom. So the only hope I had was to keep working hard because everybody keeps telling me, 'Yeah, we're going to win a championship, we're going to be a really good team. I wanted to be a part of that.'

What an inspiration.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Congrats to Astros.

I dont get why do the reliever pitched game if you were going to use Happ, just start Happ, that is, a starter, stick with that and go to reliever after.
Happ has been one of the worst starters in baseball all year. Him throwing 2 shutout innings against an elite offense tonight was a minor miracle. The Yankees lost because their offense shit the bed w/ risp all series and because they progressively overtaxed their bullpen in part due to roster construction (i.e. Cole plz), Ottavino flaming out at the worst possible time, and Betances being hurt.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
Happ has been one of the worst starters in baseball all year. Him throwing 2 shutout innings against an elite offense tonight was a minor miracle. The Yankees lost because their offense shit the bed w/ risp all series and because they progressively overtaxed their bullpen in part due to roster construction (i.e. Cole plz), Ottavino flaming out at the worst possible time, and Betances being hurt.
Yeah, Because Green hasnt been demolished as a starter this season . Play baseball how it supposed to be played instead of this stupid reliever pitched game.

Anyways Yanks didn't won one game when Stanton was not in the lineup in this series while they won all the games with him in it.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
There are many reasons the Yankees lost. Not pitching 37 year old JA Happ more is not one of them.
Im not saying this was the only reason they lost, I just said they should've had started him, thats all, not to mention prior to that Homerun by Chapman, Astros had gone like 13 consecutive innings without scoring a run against a lefty. And overall only scored 3 runs if you include that walkoff.

Last edited:

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Yankees scored 21 runs over 6 games while the Astros scored 22. Both teams didn't hit well with RISP. Both teams got no production from their DH (almost nothing at all). Both teams had good players hit big slumps.

The series could have gone the other way but the Astros came up big late on two occasions. The difference is that the Astros had Cole and Verlander go deep even if they didn't have their best stuff. Both guys did not look as dominant as they did for most of the season but they hung in there.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
And guess who has the better bullpen...
yea, about that...
it doesnt matter how good your bullpen is. You can't keep throwing them out there against the same lineup. It works in aggregate over 162 games because you give guys rest, your not facing the same team 5-7 times in one week.

don't care, you could be rolling out billy wagner, Eckersley, and Rivera for your 7 8 9 guys, if you keep doing it night after night they're going to get got. There's a reason Chad Green got lit up for 2 three run homers in the last two games he pitched.

Yep, and the Yankees almost beat them twice there.
almost don't count except horse shoes and hand grenades.

Also, what is with the Yankees hate anyway? They haven't won anything since 2009 and they aren't even the highest payroll in baseball anymore
gosh, i can't imagine,

why anyone

would

hate

the yankees

sure taken as single incidents one could write it off as a bad fan. Bad fans exist everywhere, IIRC there was an astros fan who got arrested for slapping a yankee fan. But taken together with years of other examples. Yankees fans chanting "harvey" in 2017, that one guy bring it back up in the tweet above. Taunting someone about anxiety and depression, throwing beer on fans in the bathroom or the stands. Throwing shit on the field because a call was *checks notes* correctly over turned upon review, these go way beyond. Then even trying to have casual trash talk online, yankee fans have two arguments 1 "herp derp i cant wait for cole to be yankee next year" "i can't wait for X to be a yankee next year" or 2 yankee fan just gets mad and is like herp derp 27 rings. Bitch, are you 110 years old? No stfu about 27 rings. Like an american arguing with a brit and getting mad being like yea well we kicked your ass in 1776 and again in 1812. its moronic. You were born into fandom for a team that won world series when the majority of people who are alive today weren't even born yet.

and finally, the ultimate karmic justice. It takes more than a few bad apples to get a chant heard through tv broadcast.

and we all know who ended it...

Gary needs to be traded.
he's a disgrace behind the plate. I don't know how you guys watch it. He's so lazy. Its one thing to try and glove a ball a ball in the dirt when no ones on, but he constantly tries to glove balls with guys on and allows runners to advance, and in this series allowed 2 runners to score.

Setzer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PNW
almost don't count except horse shoes and hand grenades.
Yeah it does. Just because the Astros had a better home record doesn't mean the Yankees didn't have a shot to win the game. They beat them there in game 1, took it to extras and almost won game 2 and they almost pulled out the win in game 6. You Astros fan act like it was an automatic lock for the Astros to win just because they had an awesome regular season home record. It don't mean shit in postseason.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Yeah it does. Just because the Astros had a better home record doesn't mean the Yankees didn't have a shot to win the game. They beat them there in game 1, took it to extras and almost won game 2 and they almost pulled out the win in game 6. You Astros fan act like it was an automatic lock for the Astros to win just because they had an awesome regular season home record. It don't mean shit in postseason.
almost don't count, except horse shoes and hand grenades.

astros also took 2 of 3 from yanks in their home and they had almost as good of a home record.

forget where i saw it, but it was teams that won game 1 by 6 or more runs were 4-9 all time in 7 game series. I thought this was fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.