• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I doubt there'll be any significant punishment for the Astros. MLB will probably fine the team and take away a 2nd round draft pick. Basically a little slap on the wrist and everyone move on.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
He, Yelich and Rendon were all deserving. Hard to dispute any winner there.

Trout wins in the AL. Well deserved as well, and his third win. He's got 3 MVPs and he's only 28, and the craziest thing about it is that he should probably have at least 5.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Yeli was more consistent at the plate, but Belli's incredible defense likely put him on top.

Edit: and congrats to this fucking stud right here

Both MVPs in LA* ;)
*Anaheim is not in LA

Last edited:

Deleted member 58832

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I'm sure at least half the twitter comments are something about the Angels and playoffs. WE'RE CLEARLY WORKING ON IT, ok? Ok.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
The New York Yankees have released former MVP*, Jacoby Ellsbury.
tenor.gif

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
the whitesox have set a franchise record with their newest signing

The White Sox announced that they've signed free-agent catcher Yasmani Grandal to a four-year contract. He'll be guaranteed a hefty $73MM, the team announced, which will be paid out evenly at $18.25MM per year. To make room on the 40-man roster, the White Sox designated outfielder Daniel Palka for assignment.

At $73MM, this contract represents the largest guarantee in White Sox history, surpassing the six-year, $68MM outlay secured by Jose Abreu in advance of the 2014 season.

edit: note: white sox still have like 40-60 million a year left to spend so don't expect this to be their only notable signing. Their payroll going into this off season was super tiny lol.

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
The heel turn by the houston astros and their fan base is a fantastic close out to the decade. Get A.J. Hinch and a couple of houston players on wwe raw.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Grandal is really good even though at his age you run the risk of a fall off for a catcher. His offense is good enough though that he can probably DH some if that will help preserve him. That seems like a good signing for Chicago.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Grandal is really good even though at his age you run the risk of a fall off for a catcher. His offense is good enough though that he can probably DH some if that will help preserve him. That seems like a good signing for Chicago.
I have no issues with the signing though I couldn't help but laugh reading https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/11/mlbtr-poll-grading-the-grandal-deal.html
The Grandal signing figures to help the White Sox move closer to relevance in 2020, as he's a clear upgrade over their No. 1 catcher from last season, James McCann.

bEFC7tX.png

ITmJYDa.png

I wouldn't call a player who is worth over 1 WAR less a clear upgrade :P. I know they were talking about long term success instead of one season, but that one season to me definitely removes the "clear" part of the upgrade :P

White Sox going for it next year! Who's next? Wheeler?

Quite possibly. I figure they still have 2 more major signings to do and at least one trade.
wouldn't be surprised if they tried getting something in return for Zack Collins

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I have no issues with the signing though I couldn't help but laugh reading https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/11/mlbtr-poll-grading-the-grandal-deal.html

bEFC7tX.png

ITmJYDa.png

I wouldn't call a player who is worth over 1 WAR less a clear upgrade :P. I know they were talking about long term success instead of one season, but that one season to me definitely removes the "clear" part of the upgrade :P

bball ref does a poor job of capturing pitch framing into their WAR value computations, whhich is something Grandal excels at. Per Fangraphs WAR (which is known to take framing better into account) Grandal was like 5 WAR last year while McCann was like a 1 win player. The effect this has on a pitching staff plus the significant offensive upgrade from McCann (who is well below average in terms of OBP) is a clear upgrade to me, age aside.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Former Minnesota Twins and San Francisco Giants relief pitcher Sam Dyson is being investigated by Major League Baseball for domestic violence, according to Ken Rosenthal and Katie Strang of The Athletic.

The reported investigation stems from two Instagram posts made by Dyson's now ex-girlfriend, Alexis Blackburn, in the past week. Blackburn doesn't directly accuse Dyson of abuse in either post, but strongly alludes to it.

The first post appeared on Blackburn's personal Instagram two days ago. She alluded to having endured "bullying," and mentioned having to constantly apologize in "every conversation."

The second post appeared on Tuesday on the account Blackburn runs in the voice of her cat, Snuckles. In that post, Blackburn posted a photo of Snuckles on top of a cardboard play house, a photo of the house smashed to pieces, and included a paragraph in Snuckles' voice describing someone yelling and throwing things at the cat.

EKTc-odXUAQtWpE

Then you have this jackass:

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I would give every Yankee title for the end of Dolan's Knicks ownership.

They deserve to be great. The fans deserve to actually enjoy the team.

I'm happy for the Mets; they will be free of bullshit ownership!

Status
Not open for further replies.