• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Richiek aubrey huff is such a piece of shit. I almost would return the giants first World Series if I could, just do that dipshit didn't win and didn't get that contract after. What a moron.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Yanks offer Cole 7/245.
I'm torn... on one hand I would to see him sign with the yankees for a lot of money then be a bust.

on the other hand I would also love if he took like 7/235 from another team and out right said he didn't take the yankees offer because he didn't want to shave or cut his hair because it would make him look like a jerk. So many great looking players ruined by that archaic tradition (a number of players just look so much better with facial hair). So many players who player profile pics go from them looking like they are having fun to looking like they've lost the will to live :(

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
It's a big offer but that is what it's going to take (possibly more) to land him or any age 30 top 3 league wide pitcher.

I also agree that the no beard/longer hair rule needs to be trashed.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Stephen Strasburg is!
oof.
that's not going to be a good signing. (that's a lot of money and years to a guy that has only been healthy enough to throw 200 innings twice in his career)
if they could only afford one or the other they really should have gotten Anthony Rendon instead.

either way I imagine the floor for cole just went to at least 250 mil.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Well 245M will no longer be enough for Cole.

Bare minimum will be 250M but more likely 265M+.

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
You also have to take into account that this is the nationals... so the deal is probably deferred quite a bit. It will be interesting to get a breakdown of the payments.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wow, can't believe Straus got that much. Cole is definitely getting an 8th year now. 8 for $280m would be my guess.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Was this a reference to stras? Because I feel like it was posted before the news broke. Hilarious, if so.
Yea. I saw a headline that said Yankees prepared to make record setting 245 mil offer for Cole or something like that.

But either way. I feel like Rendon has more value just cause he plays every day. Don't get me wrong pitching is vitally important. But I don't think you can go at these numbers for 1 pitcher.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I find it surprising this thread wasn't even bumped with talks about how mlb the show is going to be coming to xbox on the switch in 2021 o.o

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I find it surprising this thread wasn't even bumped with talks about how mlb the show is going to be coming to xbox on the switch in 2021 o.o
Yeah should be fun. I no longer have to spend $500 for one game, which is nice.

Can't wait to purchase my 2021 copy of the show with Acuna holding the Braves 2020 World Series trophy.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
And this comes just minutes after the news broke that the Angels traded their first round draft pick just to dump salary. Lots of people thought Cole was theirs to lose.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

That's a lot of money.
Well. Congrats Yankees. I love this signing :)

LOL

The Gerrit Cole sweepstakes has reached an end just over a month after the start of free agency. The Yankees have agreed to sign the ace right-hander to a three-year, $324MM contract, Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports. It includes a full no-trade clause.

so 108 mil a year according to MLB trade rumors (I know it's wrong. but it's funny thinking of it as a 3 year instead 9)

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly when you are at 9 years 324... I don't know why you don't just go... 10 years 331 mil to stick it to bryce harper?

anyways

white sox traded for Nomar Mazara who's only talent seems to be he can stand in the batter's box left handed and once in a while get a hit at an at best league average rate with a below league average defense. Hopefully they didn't give up much.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fucking shit that's a lot. Giving 9 years to a pitcher sounds terrifying but if any franchise can take the hit, it's the Yankees. They got their ace.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I really am happy to see Cole on the team but that money and years....Well, CC's contract did work out pretty well.

deftech

Oct 29, 2017
And this comes just minutes after the news broke that the Angels traded their first round draft pick just to dump salary. Lots of people thought Cole was theirs to lose.

Some guy on reddit posted a few hours before the trade that the angels were out on cole, trading cozart, are going in on rendon/ryu, and will trade for price. He then updated a bit later saying cozart to the giants, so 2 for 2 on his predictions. Will be interesting if the rest is true.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well this free agency is very different from the past couple of years, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.