• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Whit getting his 500th hit and being driven in by Lopez's 1st was something. Duffy didn't have the best start, but Barlow continues to be amazing in relief (2 perfect IP with 2 Ks while working around 2 inherited runners). Soler is starting to heat up while Whit, Mondesi, Dozier and Gordon continue contributing. Good stuff!

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Austin Riley is flying in to Atlanta. He hasn't been officially "called up" yet as the Braves are waiting to see if Inciarte's injury will land him on the IL, according to Dave O'Brien.

Edit: Mark Bowman says its a done deal

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whit getting his 500th hit and being driven in by Lopez's 1st was something. Duffy didn't have the best start, but Barlow continues to be amazing in relief (2 perfect IP with 2 Ks while working around 2 inherited runners). Soler is starting to heat up while Whit, Mondesi, Dozier and Gordon continue contributing. Good stuff!

A positive Royals fan?

u4oy0aevua26ukkzym0i.jpg

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
A positive Royals fan?

u4oy0aevua26ukkzym0i.jpg
There are things to be positive around just as there is plenty to be negative about with the team. Offense actually has not been that bad at all except the albatross that is the bottom of the order. Pitching needs a lot of work, but bullpen is settling down with Kennedy, Diekman and Barlow pitching well. There are plenty, plenty of negatives on the team, but some positive signs I like are there. Royals are not a good team, but there are players to like on the team.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
WTF did Boone take Happ out after 64 pitches in a game they're winning? Not to mention they have a doubleheader today. He's going to wear out the bullpen managing like this.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Please stop playing Brett Gardner. The guy can't hit or run anymore. He is approaching Chris Davis level suckage.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Not gonna lie, Jansen's attitude concerns me. 2 nights in a row he's gotten visibly annoyed with our catchers. Shaking off signs like crazy, only wanting to throw his cutter. Barnes was pissed, while Martin is more laid back so he rolled with it tonight. The bigger problem is that Kenley proceeded to throw said cutter straight over the middle of the plate several times. That might have worked against the Padres but try that shit in the postseason and we're in for a bad time.

kenta a beast today. 12Ks and the two game winning RBIs haha

Hell yeah, King Kenta was on fire tonight.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Chipper Jones was fun on commentary last night:

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
If only the rest of the team was on the same page.

That Archer trade is starting to sting more and more. I think he's going to be serviceable for us, as like a solid 3-4 pitcher, but that's not worth what we gave up.

Starting to? TB totally fleeced the Pirates on that trade. Glasnow and Meadows are under control for 5 and 6 years, respectively.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Starting to? TB totally fleeced the Pirates on that trade. Glasnow and Meadows are under control for 5 and 6 years, respectively.

It didn't look as bad last year. Glasnow was never going to amount to anything here and needed a change of scenery on top of a system that would play to his strengths. Meadows looked good in his initial call up to the Pirates, but he had struggled at AAA - and had proven to be injury prone. He was also blocked out by Marte, Polanco, and Dickerson. Both players were top of the line prospects who had experienced falls from grace. But I agree that as of right now, the trade is looking to be very one sided in favor of TB.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

2nd time this season Broxton strikes out with the bases loaded down 1 to end the game. This dude is trash, get rid of him and call up Gomez.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Austin Riley is already 3-3 tonight

He play baseball good

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
meh.. abreu was totally safe and totally a bad call by the ump but the sox used their challenge earlier and can't get them to challenge it :/
robot umps when.

Status
Not open for further replies.