• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

I've gotten several deep tissue massages and none have come close to breaking my ribs lol. The real truth will eventually come out I'm sure

Oct 27, 2017
I knew the Mets would blow it when they had 2nd and 3rd and no outs in the 7th and didn't add-on...had two of the worst ABs you could ever imagine, acted like the game was already over/won. Got what they deserved.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I went to sleep when we had a 8-3 lead in the 7th and wake up to a loss. WTF. So glad we traded away our top prospects for this. 😭

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the white sox creep into the second wild card, how long they would have to hold it before they are considered one of the top 20 teams in baseball :P

they way people look at the white sox and talk about them I wouldn't be surprised if even if they won the second wild card people still didn't rank them in the top 20 lol.

their starting pitching does look rather horrid on paper though (the bullpen is a lot better at this point than it looks on paper though since they have switched people and found some doing well.). I'm hoping they sign Dallas Keuchel to a multi year deal after the draft pick cost goes away, surprising people, but getting him to bet on the next few years being bright for chicago... especially after the 60% of the 2020 rotation that is away due to season ending surgery return :P

that all being said the second wildcard is still a long shot, and unless the twins fall apart (which is possible) the division looks mostly lost already. But for the first time in a while they are a fun team to watch and they are set up to just become more dangerous as the season goes on as more of the young players click or are called up.

It seems like at the very least there are good odds they end up over .500 at the end of the season, especially if they patch a few holes with some trades to set up the next few years.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Back to our losing ways. We really only beat Boston twice because we scored a ton of runs. The starting pitching was abysmal, as it was tonight.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017

I've gotten several deep tissue massages and none have come close to breaking my ribs lol. The real truth will eventually come out I'm sure

Did Arod break two ribs after getting this Massage on Letterman?

B86ZjQe.jpg

Seems a lot more bone breaking than what Correa is getting there.

Last edited:

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm never going to understand Boone's lineup decisions. Morales sucks batting right-handed and Boone starts him over Frazier at DH. Do they expect Frazier to develop while sitting on the bench?

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I am so ready to start the rebuild.

Trade Lindor, Kluber, and Bauer for prospects. Mostly outfield, some infield. A couple catchers would be nice too.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I look at the box, and the Indians have 4 errors through 7 innings. Now they forgot how to play defense too.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
BWA HA HA HAHAHA HA finally tied the indians in the standings

zMTbuBd.png

on the plus side the white sox are finally above 2 games under again.
on the minus side they have to break the odd thing with the indians they have been doing where they take the first half of the series against the indians and then the indians take the second half :/

I am confused though...
when they first played the indians they were 9-16 against teams above .500
when they beat them they were 10-16
and now today they are 5-12 according to mlb.com

o.O

Oct 25, 2017
BWA HA HA HAHAHA HA finally tied the indians in the standings

zMTbuBd.png

on the plus side the white sox are finally above 2 games under again.
on the minus side they have to break the odd thing with the indians they have been doing where they take the first half of the series against the indians and then the indians take the second half :/

I am confused though...
when they first played the indians they were 9-16 against teams above .500
when they beat them they were 10-16
and now today they are 5-12 according to mlb.com

o.O
Because that over 500 stat depends on their record the day you check it. With how early it is in the season, teams can go from above to at or below 500 literally in a day. It's a worthless measurement this early.

If the As lose two games or so, then the Astros only have like 8 games against over 500 teams left. But obviously there's teams like your Sox, the Indians, Pirates, Reds, Cards, etc which are hovering right around that 500 mark and can easily flip flop day to day.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Because that over 500 stat depends on their record the day you check it. With how early it is in the season, teams can go from above to at or below 500 literally in a day. It's a worthless measurement this early.

If the As lose two games or so, then the Astros only have like 8 games against over 500 teams left. But obviously there's teams like your Sox, the Indians, Pirates, Reds, Cards, etc which are hovering right around that 500 mark and can easily flip flop day to day.
Ah... I had assumed it was calculated in the intelligent way of record against teams that were .500 or above when you faced them not... record moving teams around based on their current standings.

but I suppose that makes sense for the record change as it basically the swing based on if the indians are .500 or above or not.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
well that's going to pop up as one of the dumbest moments of the season.

runner on first and second.
runner on second notices the pitcher is going to go to second so starts heading back as the pitcher moves to throw to second... then messes with the pitcher by faking towards third only to have the pitcher throw to second to pick him off... while this is going on the guy on first drifts towards second so the guy that was at second is tagged out and then they throw to first to get the other guy.

a freaken double play when the guy on second originally saw the pitcher coming towards him just because he wanted to mess with the pitched #_#

edit: indians seem to have felt bad for the white sox and decided it would be fun to get a double play ball and then not touch second and get the out for sure and in the process throw the ball away even though it would have gotten there a few steps in front of the runner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.