• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Damn replace one bullpen pitcher who just walked the bases loaded and then walked in a run to have the next guy give up a first pitch grand slam.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
it's so beautiful

x8bxx7w.png

I honestly can't remember if the white sox have been .500 at this point in this season since like 2012 lol

edit: looks like they did it in 2016

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
crush the league by going .500 against other winning teams?
Good point against the team with the best record in the majors. Oh and they beat hou head to head, are on pace to crush the all time HR record and are scoring more runs than anyone else by a chunk. Teams they play aren't above .500 bc they
Keep losing to the twins lol.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Good point against the team with the best record in the majors. Oh and they beat hou head to head, are on pace to crush the all time HR record and are scoring more runs than anyone else by a chunk. Teams they play aren't above .500 bc they
Keep losing to the twins lol.
Was this supposed to be coherent?

Anyway last I saw the twins were exactly five hundred against teams above. 500 it appears they've managed to get a whole four games above that.
Meanwhile the Astros have more wins against teams above 500 than the twins have played total games against teams above 500.
Or put another way, the twins schedule is a joke.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Anyway last I saw the twins were exactly five hundred against teams above. 500 it appears they've managed to get a whole four games above that.
Meanwhile the Astros have more wins against teams above 500 than the twins have played total games against teams above 500.
lol my point is the schedule you ply gets worse the more you win. And yes they beat Hou head to head straight up, including me watching them beat verlander live. You can only play the sched as is. Nobody commanded the royals and tigers to suck.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

I wish the above .500 stat wasn't so dumb. would be far more interesting to see the stats for records against teams that were above .500 when they faced them, but no, it just counts their records against teams that are currently above .500

the shift you saw is because the twins have beat up on the white sox but the white sox are suddenly at .500 :P

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
CC I don't think we have much options. We don't have enough starters as is. Cessa should be DFA'd immediately. The batting practice pitcher is better than him right now.
Really C.C. seems to be a fine 5th starter still. Not amazing, but hey I would take him over a number of white sox pitchers right now :P

are two of their current starters
is one they are hoping to be a starter of the future so I understand why he is still around :P

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Braves surprised the hell out of me coming back from an 8-4 deficit last night

Crashnburn85

Oct 25, 2017
California
The collective fuck up of Angels' pitching signings this off-season has been a joke. Counting on three guys with declining peripherals to all have a bounce back year was a mistake. I guess on the plus side we haven't had a TJ surgery yet this year, so progress!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

want an Ivan Nova he would fit right in
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/n/novaiv01.shtml

:P

also yankees fans, for tonight Reynaldo López isn't necessarily as bad as he looks.

there is about a 33% chance he comes out and will limit your team to 1-2 runs over 6-7 innings
and about a 66% chance he comes out and gives up 6 runs before the 5th.

we will have to see which version of him you get tonight.
Hopefully he shows the potential number 2/3 starter stuff he has from time to time :P
though really I think his future will be as an elite 7-8th inning guy as his stuff is usually good one time through a line up just not good after.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Yordan Alvarez is ridiculous

I wish the above .500 stat wasn't so dumb. would be far more interesting to see the stats for records against teams that were above .500 when they faced them, but no, it just counts their records against teams that are currently above .500

the shift you saw is because the twins have beat up on the white sox but the white sox are suddenly at .500 :P
The Astros didn't play a team with a record below 500 when they faced them until they played the angels may 4th. So they played the entire first month plus of the season against teams with winning records.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yanks giving up Juan Then(Pitching prospect) from what it seems and Seattle is paying half of what is owed to Encarnacion..... this can't be all otherwise Yankees got a damn deal.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Only reasons to make this trade:

- the "fuck it why not" factor. If the Mariners are going to pay you to add a league leader in hitting/HRs and all you have to do is give them a low-level prospect they gave you before, then fuck it - why not? At least the Rays/Astros/Red Sox or anyone else you might be competing with in the AL can't get him cheap and hurt you.

- to lower the leverage other teams have when its time to trade for a pitcher. The Yankees are about to get Stanton and Judge back, and it'll be easy to have Gardner play less so you can have some combination of Stanton/EE/Voit playing LF, 1B and DH or taking a day off all the time. Yankees can also trade Frazier if they want for a pitcher (I hope they don't) - and it won't hurt their depth. Also, teams won't be able to undervalue Frazier and take advantage of Yankee desperation because...well, with EE and Judge and Stanton, they're not.

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
As I said in the other thread, why?

the Yankees have 12 more games against the Red Sox and his numbers vs them are insane. Tampa Bay and the Yankees are fighting for position and with how bad the starting pitchers have been the front office doesn't want October to come down to one elimination game.

they need all the wins they can get.

Encarnación has hit .271/.362/.529 in his career against the Red Sox

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Holder and Cessa are both trying really hard to see who can be the worst pitcher on the team.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ketel Marte has become an absolute beast. That long-term extension looks like it has potential to be one of the smartest moves in team history.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Apparently Trent Throton is upset the Astros traded him. The irony of course being if they hadn't traded him he would not have the opportunity to be in the starting rotation on a major league team.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
what sucks is that if not for luke jackson, the phillies get buried and swept out of town adn the braves are 4.5 up

Status
Not open for further replies.