• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
All things considered...that was a pretty fucking shitty series for the Sox

360 million dollars invested in Price and Sale just to get dominated by Scranton's finest.

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
Man hopefully my metsies continue to smack teams. I will say that starting rotation is looking pretty good.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Gleyber didn't look right the last couple days. Was clearly playing hurt. Be shocked if he doesn't land on the IL this time around.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
With the cushion that the Yanks have, I hope they bring up some of their young arms and see how they fare against major league hitting. It's not like they're going to be much worse than Holder and Tarpley.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
With the cushion that the Yanks have, I hope they bring up some of their young arms and see how they fare against major league hitting. It's not like they're going to be much worse than Holder and Tarpley.
Deivi is really the only healthy one at triple A but (a) he's 20 years old and (b) he just got there and has been hit around a bit at Scranton. We won't see him until September.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Deivi is really the only healthy one at triple A but (a) he's 20 years old and (b) he just got there and has been hit around a bit at Scranton. We won't see him until September.

September is fine. I don't expect any of them to come up and dominate. At this point we pretty much know what Holder and Tarpley are. So let's see what some of the young kids are made of.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
September is fine. I don't expect any of them to come up and dominate. At this point we pretty much know what Holder and Tarpley are. So let's see what some of the young kids are made of.
Tarpley isn't a big leaguer in this day and age, but Holder has actually looked pretty decent since coming back. I wouldn't put too much stock into him getting hit in his 3rd inning of work tonight since he only had to do that because of injuries + Tanaka shitting the bed and burning the bullpen last night.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Tarpley isn't a big leaguer in this day and age, but Holder has actually looked pretty decent since coming back. I wouldn't put too much stock into him getting hit in his 3rd inning of work tonight since he only had to do that because of injuries + Tanaka shitting the bed and burning the bullpen last night.

I'm not saying Holder doesn't belong in the big leagues. My point was that we've seen enough of their stuff to have a pretty good idea what their ceilings are. Neither has dominating stuff and their futures are probably as middle innings relievers. So if Yanks are going to try out some of the young kids in September, I would give Holder and Tarpley's innings to them.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
MLB Outfielders with at least .290 AVG, .360 OBP, .540 SLG:

Cody Bellinger
Mike Trout
Charlie Blackmon
Christian Yelich
George Springer
MIKE TAUCHMAN

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
BobbyValentineMustacheGlassesDisguise.jpg

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They need to fire the Yankees fitness coach. In fact, fire everyone who had anything to do with player fitness. I have never seen anything like this. It's not even that these guys are getting hit and breaking bones (Encarnancion was like the first one to get hit and land on the IL), these guys are literally getting injured swinging the bats and running the bases. I can understand twisting your ankle and getting hurt, but they are literally jogging around the bases after a home run and landing on the IL.

Oblique, Groin, Hernia, fucking Core issues whatever the hell that means. these guys are young in their early to mid 20s and are getting hurt like a bunch of 40 year olds.

Whatever their fitness regime is, it's clearly not working. It's actually making things work. lets go back to simple drills for now. no weight lifting, no tire dragging or fancy drills for these guys. just jog a little before the game and maybe do a few pushups. all that time in the gym and they are getting injured just swinging the bats. absolutely absurd.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Mets are just completely locked in right now. Pitching, hitting. Everything firing on all cylinders. I know it won't last forever, but this is the most I've enjoyed watching this team in a long time.

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
Let me not forget about JD Davis and Rosario. When this team gets hot it isn't a good thing for opposing pitchers.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They need to fire the Yankees fitness coach. In fact, fire everyone who had anything to do with player fitness. I have never seen anything like this. It's not even that these guys are getting hit and breaking bones (Encarnancion was like the first one to get hit and land on the IL), these guys are literally getting injured swinging the bats and running the bases. I can understand twisting your ankle and getting hurt, but they are literally jogging around the bases after a home run and landing on the IL.

Oblique, Groin, Hernia, fucking Core issues whatever the hell that means. these guys are young in their early to mid 20s and are getting hurt like a bunch of 40 year olds.

Whatever their fitness regime is, it's clearly not working. It's actually making things work. lets go back to simple drills for now. no weight lifting, no tire dragging or fancy drills for these guys. just jog a little before the game and maybe do a few pushups. all that time in the gym and they are getting injured just swinging the bats. absolutely absurd.

You've never seen anything like this?

Allow me to introduce a franchise that exists in the very same state...

Status
Not open for further replies.