• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah, I think CC needs to call it a career and an amazing one at that by now. This is not going well.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welp I guess we're not getting that sweep, CC is not on his A game tonight and Price is.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Nice bounce back from CC. Looked terrible in the first two innings. Gutted out 6 innings and giving up 3 runs. We'll take that every time.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little sad the red sox won. if they lost 33% of the american league would have a record of 29-30 :P
meanwhile no one in the NL has that record.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Alright Falvene, go sign Kimbrel.
ideally both players sign quickly.

I'm still hoping the white sox surprise and sign Dallas Keuchel to a multiyear contract as they could use another starter, and they don't have a zero 0% chance to get the second wild card slot at this point in the season so might as well get a starter that can give them a slightly higher chance this season and can be an anchor over the next few years for a rotation that is going to have a lot of highly rated pitchers move into it 3 of which had tommy john this year.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Any other posters rooting for a team whose best option is actually to tank for a high draft pick from here on out? Blue Jays haven't picked in the top 5 in decades. Painfully mediocre too often.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Any other posters rooting for a team whose best option is actually to tank for a high draft pick from here on out? Blue Jays haven't picked in the top 5 in decades. Painfully mediocre too often.
I've been doing that for years... but things actually seem to be clicking for the White Sox so instead I'm hoping they get people like Keuchel and potentially trade for a few players to help fill holes (only logical trades though. Don't trade for one year rentals but instead. I was going to find someone to target on the blue jays but I don't think there is a player on the blue jays roster that would be worth targeting for the white sox >.< like Marcus Stroman would be a nice upgrade but is only controlled through the end of next year, though I suppose they do have a lot of pitching talent coming so that might be enough but control through at least 2021 would be ideal.).

The players carrying the team right now are the ones they need to be doing that for the future so I really have to hope they continue to do well at this point lol.

it's weird actually rooting for them again though.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
I've been doing that for years... but things actually seem to be clicking for the White Sox so instead I'm hoping they get people like Keuchel and potentially trade for a few players to help fill holes (only logical trades though. Don't trade for one year rentals but instead. I was going to find someone to target on the blue jays but I don't think there is a player on the blue jays roster that would be worth targeting for the white sox >.< like Marcus Stroman would be a nice upgrade but is only controlled through the end of next year, though I suppose they do have a lot of pitching talent coming so that might be enough but control through at least 2021 would be ideal.).

The players carrying the team right now are the ones they need to be doing that for the future so I really have to hope they continue to do well at this point lol.

it's weird actually rooting for them again though.

Stroman learned from the best (Buehrle) though, you gotta take that into account. ;)

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Dude was hitting .281 with 5 homers and 9 RBI in 17 games and you send this guy back down to AAA for Travis fucking Shaw?

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick top 10 for the draft tonight (not where they'll go, just my top 10)

1.Adley Rutschman||C||Oregon State
2.Bobby Witt Jr||SS||Coleyville Heritage, TX
3.Shea Langeliers||C||Baylor
4.JJ Bleday||OF||Vanderbilt
5.Andrew Vaughn||1B||California
6.Riley Greene||OF||Hagerty, FL
7.Jack Leiter||RHP||Delbarton, NJ
8.Josh Jung||3B||Texas Tech
9.Matthew Allan||RHP||Seminole, FL
10.Corbin Carroll||OF||Lakeside, WA

Leiter likely is going to Vandy but there's a chance a team like the D-Backs with a ton of picks go way over for him. Good draft for bats, but pitching is incredibly thin and it's mostly college pitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.