• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Walker Buehler (LAD) vs ARI: 8 IP, 1 R/ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 11K on 102 pitches

And coming off a bad outing his last start. Absolutely nasty stuff tonight.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Braves are a "distant second"

Fine with me

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
The catcher should never backup 1st with a runner on 3rd. Mariners are just bad at baseball.
the play is double play unless the ball is hit softer, if for some reason the double play isnt turned the runner at 3rd is going to score anyway, backing up first prevents the runner who wasn't out from advancing to 2nd, 3rd or even home.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
glitch in the system tonight.

Twins getting out-bomba'd by a team that can't hit
Miami yeliching all over the Brewers
Detroit beating the Rays with lots of runs
Royals leading a game
etc...

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Austin Riley is a pretty cool guy that doesn't afraid of anything

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone watch the NCAA Women's College World Series? That final inning was pretty fun. OU down to their last out and save their season:

Then in the bottom of the inning this is the last play where it looked like the runner was gonna be toast b/c she hesitated on the two out hit:

Go Bruins. 🐻

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I'm always conflicted. The Mariners were the team I grew up loving (I was born in Seattle, grew up in West Texas, and went to see the Mariners during Spring Training almost every year). When I moved to Houston in 5th grade I started following the Astros but it meant I got to have a favorite AL/NL team. Now the Stros are in the AL West and the Astros are always going to win out, but I have a lot of nostalgia for my old Seattle jerseys, hats, etc.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I
I'm always conflicted. The Mariners were the team I grew up loving (I was born in Seattle, grew up in West Texas, and went to see the Mariners during Spring Training almost every year). When I moved to Houston in 5th grade I started following the Astros but it meant I got to have a favorite AL/NL team. Now the Stros are in the AL West and the Astros are always going to win out, but I have a lot of nostalgia for my old Seattle jerseys, hats, etc.
I mean I'm not going to hold it against you rooting for a team with a chance instead of a team that has as much as a chance as I do.

Mariners are fucking trash and will be for the next 5+ years.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
woot. last three balls have been
Caught at the top of a wall
over the wall
and over the wall

TIE GAME!!!! keep it going white sox.

edit: O.o why are you bringing in the closer in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th. you should save him until you score a run in extras :/

edit2: I would be sad the white sox loss, but it was expected. Closers in no save situations typically suck it up... I just don't understand the logic of putting him in in that situation.... like that is the manager needs to be fired right now levels of dumb.

in order to win you would need to score a run in extras and then defend that.... so why not just assume that will happen and save your closer for that moment #_#

Last edited:

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Love Luke Voit's bat and personality, but boy is he terrible at picking balls at 1B. Makes me miss the days of Texiera who can pick it with the best of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.