• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing like going to the ballpark and seeing a Royals win is icing on the cake. Gotta soak 'em in with how little wins this team is going to probably have.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Ryu has lower ERA and more innings pitched.

last night's broadcast said that Soroka had taken over the ERA lead, and Ryu didn't pitch last night. mlb.com shows Ryu as being .03 ahead of Soroka, lol. GG Braves stat department

EDIT: oh, he WAS the NL ERA leader when he left the game last night in the 9th but he let a runner on and the pen allowed him to score.

Last edited:

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Acuna gets some revenge against Jose Urena:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
man lucas giolito has 11 strike outs through 5 innings and has his season era down to 2.36.
I think it's safe to say he has figured something out :P

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cards ownership was on the radio earlier. It's evident they clearly have no desire to compete.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Can we please, please, PLEASE!!!
Not have Gardner hitting anymore, please? Don't fucking tell me there isn't a minor leaguer that can put better production and doesn't bust his lip throwing a helmet. Dumbfuck.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Can we please, please, PLEASE!!!
Not have Gardner hitting anymore, please? Don't fucking tell me there isn't a minor leaguer that can put better production and doesn't bust his lip throwing a helmet. Dumbfuck.

1. Stop playing Gardner
2. Stop playing Morales
3. Stop pitching Holder in winnable games
4. Stop pitching Cessa in winnable games

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Yankees really need to trade for another bullpen arm asap with Dellin's setback. Everyone outside the big 4 is a human white flag.

Malo

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY
It baffles me that he thinks a lineup with Morales at DH and Frazier at RF is somehow better than Frazier at DH and Maybin at RF. In almost every facet of the game (defense, offense, base running) the latter is the better lineup.
I'm not as mad at Morales playing. My big issue is him essentially waving the white flag being behind only two runs and bringing in Holder. Ottavino, Khanle and Britton haven't pitched are well rested.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yankees really need to trade for another bullpen arm asap with Dellin's setback. Everyone outside the big 4 is a human white flag.

I keep hearing that our farm system is flushed with young power arms. Where are they?!? Is there not even one that's close to being ready for the big leagues?

I'm not as mad at Morales playing. My big issue is him essentially waving the white flag being behind only two runs and bringing in Holder. Ottavino, Khanle and Britton haven't pitched are well rested.

No question, but Morales has been such a rally killer. Maybe if we're not playing him every day our offense would be able to generate more than 2 runs against sub par pitchers.

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Proud of the Rays for cashing in on the Yankees' little slump. A tie for 1st place never felt so good

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
randomly checking some stats and I noticed something really weird to me

Xsr5wvs.png

these are the top 4 starting pitchers by ERA in the AL.
I invite you to look at Verlander, J, and then follow down the row and look at the home run total.

now... if you see how odd that number if compared to the others, think about what that means compared to runs and hits.

At the very most he has only given up 11 runs that weren't from home runs (and that assumes all of the home runs were solo shots, I doubt that was the case but I don't care to look it up)
Beyond that... if you remove the home runs from his hits you get a stat that batters are batting .114 when they aren't hitting the ball out of the park which is just crazy through nearly 100 innings.

eh screw it
first game of the season
1 home run 1 er (from homers which is all I care about here)
second game he pitched
1 home run 2 er
third game
1 home run 1 er
4th
1 home run 1 er
5th
1 home run 1 er
6th
1 home run 1 er
7th
1 home run 1 er
8th
3 home run 4 er
9th
no home runs
10th
1 home run 1 er
11th
1 home run 1 er
12th
1 home run 1 er
13th
1 home run 1 er
14th
0 home runs no er from home runs making this the first time verlander has given up any runs in a game and that some of them weren't from home runs.

so of the 14 home runs he have given up only 2 weren't solo shots, and both of those only had one runner on.
that's just crazy to me.

I'm going to stop wasting time on this now lol.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
randomly checking some stats and I noticed something really weird to me

Xsr5wvs.png

these are the top 4 starting pitchers by ERA in the AL.
I invite you to look at Verlander, J, and then follow down the row and look at the home run total.

now... if you see how odd that number if compared to the others, think about what that means compared to runs and hits.

At the very most he has only given up 11 runs that weren't from home runs (and that assumes all of the home runs were solo shots, I doubt that was the case but I don't care to look it up)
Beyond that... if you remove the home runs from his hits you get a stat that batters are batting .114 when they aren't hitting the ball out of the park which is just crazy through nearly 100 innings.

eh screw it
first game of the season
1 home run 1 er (from homers which is all I care about here)
second game he pitched
1 home run 2 er
third game
1 home run 1 er
4th
1 home run 1 er
5th
1 home run 1 er
6th
1 home run 1 er
7th
1 home run 1 er
8th
3 home run 4 er
9th
no home runs
10th
1 home run 1 er
11th
1 home run 1 er
12th
1 home run 1 er
13th
1 home run 1 er
14th
0 home runs no er from home runs making this the first time verlander has given up any runs in a game and that some of them weren't from home runs.

so of the 14 home runs he have given up only 2 weren't solo shots, and both of those only had one runner on.
that's just crazy to me.

I'm going to stop wasting time on this now lol.
Yea he's been really good. Essentially the solo shots are him challenging guys with no one on.

Also the Astros called up some guy with alaverez as his last name.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Kendrick homers

Turner homers

Eaton homers

Rendon homers

This is the first time a team has gone back-to-back-to-back-to-back since July 27 2017, when -- wait for it -- the Nationals hit four in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.