• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
What kind of asshole would shoot Big papi? Terrible. Hope he's on his feet soon.

On a lighter note, I loved how Muncy verbally bitch slapping that cry baby Bumgarner after the HR. Nice one, Max Muncy.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
On the one hand, I would love for the Twins to have Bumgarner in their rotation for the post season. On the other, god damn he's a miserable person.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly MadBum is lucky he didn't get tossed after that first exchange. That was some pretty egregious showing up the umpire.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly MadBum is lucky he didn't get tossed after that first exchange. That was some pretty egregious showing up the umpire.
Honestly if I was the ump I might have tossed Madbum after he started barking at Muncy. Showing up the ump after 2 pitches and then barking at someone for jogging around the bases all in the first inning is ridiculous and would make me think that guy's going to start some trouble.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I heard what happened to David Ortiz. I'm glad that he's alright & I hope that whoever shot him is held responsible.

I have the full season subscription to MLB.TV for all 30 teams.

Which TV feeds should I ignore concerning bad announcers (I can pick both home & away for each game that plays)?

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dbacks have a franchise record 7 HRs today and it's only the 5th 😳

Oct 25, 2017
I heard what happened to David Ortiz. I'm glad that he's alright & I hope that whoever shot him is held responsible.

I have the full season subscription to MLB.TV for all 30 teams.

Which TV feeds should I ignore concerning bad announcers (I can pick both home & away for each game that plays)?
Braves broadcast is pretty bad. You can choose the home or away broadcast for any game available, as long as that game isnt under the blackout rules depending on where you live. For example, I live near Cleveland, so I can't stream any Indians games home or away with mlb.tv. You also can't stream games that are nationally broadcasted like on ESPN, but I think that's only for the US.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dbacks (8 total) - Phillies (5 total) is now the first MLB game ever to have 13 total home runs!

leder

Oct 25, 2017
So the Mariners went two days without losing a game for the first time since May 14th today.

Nice to have a day off. Hope they're resting up.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, I just forgot the Philles/Dbacks series happened already and DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

nnex

Oct 27, 2017
This is less than ideal. :|

I don't think we're getting the much needed 7 or 8 innings out of Archer tonight. (-_-)
Exit velocities on hits this inning:

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
come on white sox... you can hold onto this game.

edit: they can, but not without worries.

Last edited:

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Swept by the Angels and Seager gets hurt. Get us out of that fucking cursed ballpark.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
How is it that at least once a game I can see a call live on TV and have the correct call but the ump that's literally right in front of the play gets it wrong? And subsequently overturned on review.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
randomly checking some stats and I noticed something really weird to me

Xsr5wvs.png

these are the top 4 starting pitchers by ERA in the AL.
I invite you to look at Verlander, J, and then follow down the row and look at the home run total.

now... if you see how odd that number if compared to the others, think about what that means compared to runs and hits.

At the very most he has only given up 11 runs that weren't from home runs (and that assumes all of the home runs were solo shots, I doubt that was the case but I don't care to look it up)
Beyond that... if you remove the home runs from his hits you get a stat that batters are batting .114 when they aren't hitting the ball out of the park which is just crazy through nearly 100 innings.

eh screw it
first game of the season
1 home run 1 er (from homers which is all I care about here)
second game he pitched
1 home run 2 er
third game
1 home run 1 er
4th
1 home run 1 er
5th
1 home run 1 er
6th
1 home run 1 er
7th
1 home run 1 er
8th
3 home run 4 er
9th
no home runs
10th
1 home run 1 er
11th
1 home run 1 er
12th
1 home run 1 er
13th
1 home run 1 er
14th
0 home runs no er from home runs making this the first time verlander has given up any runs in a game and that some of them weren't from home runs.

so of the 14 home runs he have given up only 2 weren't solo shots, and both of those only had one runner on.
that's just crazy to me.

I'm going to stop wasting time on this now lol.
2-0 Mil right now. Guess how they got two off of Verlander?

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Since not signing Kimbrel the twins bullpen has been just horrific, even in wins.

Edit: but the offense is something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.