• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't be the Mets without a terrible bullpen.

Right? We have guys that end up on the IL for months with a finger injury.

Jed Lowrie has the entire left side of his body injured. Seriously, that's what the medical report said. Hasn't played a single game this year.

Cespedes stepped into a hole and was never seen again. He may be dead, no one knows.

Nimmo had a tight neck and hasn't played since April.

Cano... Well, who gives a shit about Cano.

And this has been a light year!

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
They need to fire the Yankees fitness coach. In fact, fire everyone who had anything to do with player fitness. I have never seen anything like this. It's not even that these guys are getting hit and breaking bones (Encarnancion was like the first one to get hit and land on the IL), these guys are literally getting injured swinging the bats and running the bases. I can understand twisting your ankle and getting hurt, but they are literally jogging around the bases after a home run and landing on the IL.

Oblique, Groin, Hernia, fucking Core issues whatever the hell that means. these guys are young in their early to mid 20s and are getting hurt like a bunch of 40 year olds.

Whatever their fitness regime is, it's clearly not working. It's actually making things work. lets go back to simple drills for now. no weight lifting, no tire dragging or fancy drills for these guys. just jog a little before the game and maybe do a few pushups. all that time in the gym and they are getting injured just swinging the bats. absolutely absurd.
Maybe these injuries have to so with the technique (cough roids cough) they are using that are making all of the batters be so proficient batting?as pitchers havent fall to this..

I do think they are not handling the return of each player correctly, after sunday, Torres should had been given rest instead of just plug him in the lineup the next day.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe these injuries have to so with the technique (cough roids cough) they are using that are making all of the batters be so proficient batting?as pitchers havent fall to this..

I don think they are not handling the return of each player correctly, after sunday, Torres should had been given rest instead of just plug him in the lineup the next day.
what? no. no roids. they get tested regularly. hitters have gotten worse since the last decade. averages are way down. homerun numbers are higher because they changed the balls.

Sevirino, Betances, Sabathia, David Hale, Jonathan Loisaga, Montogommery are all on the IL right now.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
what? no. no roids. they get tested regularly. hitters have gotten worse since the last decade. averages are way down. homerun numbers are higher because they changed the balls.

Sevirino, Betances, Sabathia, David Hale, Jonathan Loisaga, Montogommery are all on the IL right now.
roids was a joke, and the pitcher listed those injuries are not similar type of issues that most of the yanks batter are having, specifically core injuries, injuries to Severino (shoulder), Betances (bone spur), Sabathia (his knee), Montgomery (TJ), Loisaga (Shoulder) looks more like young pitchers injuries for amount of pitching (except Sabathia whos knee is a documented problems for years and Betances which his injury is something that apparently has been there since before the majors)

The Yanks batter injuries with Judge, Stanton (first injury), Voit and Torres are all related to how the swing the bat.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

That almost seems worse that all the tests came back negative and so they have no clue what's causing the core issue or how bad it is. They thought he was good to go against Baltimore and they obviously made the wrong call. In any case, they should not play Gleyber until he feels 100%. No point in taking any risks at this stage of the season and with the cushion we have.

Oct 27, 2017
No one gives you hope in the second half of the season only to eventually collapse quite like the Cardinals. At least they are doing it a little earlier this year.

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
Huge series against the Nationals coming up for my Metsies. Gonna be fun to have meaningful beisbol in August!

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
No one gives you hope in the second half of the season only to eventually collapse quite like the Cardinals. At least they are doing it a little earlier this year.
Coaches were canned in 2017.
Manager was canned in 2018.
Mo has $100 Million in payroll devoted to 8 veterans while trading away talent that has blossomed elsewhere. And he won't get canned.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
This Cards team is done.

Sell me on your playoff team ERA.
The Mets have gone from being laughed at for trading for one of the best starting pitchers. To one game out of the wild card in two weeks.

Obviously it's going to end up being a mets vs yankees world series with the mets taking it in 5 so you might as well start rooting for them now :P

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
The Mets have gone from being laughed at for trading for one of the best starting pitchers. To one game out of the wild card in two weeks.

Obviously it's going to end up being a mets vs yankees world series with the mets taking it in 5 so you might as well start rooting for them now :P
If there is a god he would let this happen.

Deleted member 58832

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Angels meltdown still in full swing. Looking at the remainder of the season, we've got a lot of Red Sox/Yankees/Astros ahead of us. Oof.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Angels meltdown still in full swing. Looking at the remainder of the season, we've got a lot of Red Sox/Yankees/Astros ahead of us. Oof.
also have 7 games with the white sox... a white sox team who's starting pitching is starting to pitch more as expected, and who has their main hitters back and should be treated far more as a slightly above .500 team instead of their current record >.>

Malo

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY
I was actually shocked when Boone retained Rothschild. Usually when a new manager is hired, he brings in a whole new staff as well.
It wasn't up to Boone. Keeping Rothschild was Cashman's call.

The O's are a single A team. Yankees have hit over 50 hr against them and there's still four more games to play.

Deleted member 58832

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
also have 7 games with the white sox... a white sox team who's starting pitching is starting to pitch more as expected, and who has their main hitters back and should be treated far more as a slightly above .500 team instead of their current record >.>
Yeah it's gonna be brutal. Just gotta lower my expectations and power through to the offseason.

It just hit me that the Halos should synergize with their name + Japanese cachet with Evangelion fan nights. Help us come to terms with the existential angst.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's gonna be brutal. Just gotta lower my expectations and power through to the offseason.

It just hit me that the Halos should synergize with their name + Japanese cachet with Evangelion fan nights. Help us come to terms with the existential angst.
I'm hoping the angels kick the crap out of the white sox.
the white sox are like 9 games under after the all star break still (and that's being like 3-1 in their last 4 games I think) so have no chance and would be best to just lose lose lose for draft picks.

that being said the white sox have 2 of their 3 core hitters back (and both are starting to hit correctly) and the other core hitter should be back in a week or two so they will likely have a good sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.