• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Of all games for deGrom to be completely off his game it has to be today, wow.

...and yes he should have been out of the inning with no runs scored but he has nothing today out there.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Do you think the MLB is ever going to switch away from the juiced balls? AAA moving to the new balls and there being an explosion in homeruns puts to rest the idea that it's anything but juiced balls accounting for the explosion in homeruns.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Well, predicted 1-2 for the Nats Mets series, got 1-2. Should have won that first fucking game but whatever. Even if we get to post season we ain't doing shit.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Don't even wait until the season's over. Fire Clint Hurdle and Ray Searage now.

Agreed, and NH. But they're not even the problem at the end of the day. It's difficult to field a competitive roster when your owner treats the team as nothing more than a means to line his pocket. When you have a payroll that's second to the worst in baseball, it's not surprising that your team might suck.

We can fire everyone we want, and we might get nominally better, but it's going to be all for naught as long as Nutting continues to be cheap as fuck.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Next year schedule looks fun... Shame the desire to watch an awful team get shellacked just isn't there.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
who was the twins fan that was saying the twins were going to dominate the AL about a month or so ago?

they got all pissy when i said they had played a cupcake schedule up to that point.
I think you are maybe referring to me? maybe not since I referenced Cle's easy schedule not the Twins.

I didn't say they were going to dominate anything, nor did I get pissy about anything, just pointed out that the inital June/July run for Cle was driven by a big section of playing Detroit and Chicago while the Twins were playing Tampa/NYY/Boston/Oak. Cle had played significantly more games against the central than the Twins. however Cle is continuing it's crazy hot run and the Twins are playing garbage ball, with terrible pitching, bad D, and stupid baserunning mistakes. They are doing none of the little things right, and with Buxton and Cruz hurt its not going to get any better unless they figure it out magically on their own.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm in real time I thought the astros scored, in replay I felt it was pretty clear he was out (there is a very clear shot of the glove blocking the plate before the foot came in so to hit the plate he had to touch the glove).
but alas new york still called him safe.

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the High Heat show on MLB Network today, Mark DeRosa was a guest talking about the Braves and how they shouldn't worry about the Nats, Mets, or Phillies but rather figuring out their own bullpen (they've been doing this all season along with the Mets, Nats, and Phillies) with a focus on how to beat/match-up with the Dodgers in the Division Series. Correct me if I'm wrong but if the Braves play the Dodgers in the Division Series that means something went very wrong the rest of the season and they got there by way of the Wild Card play-in game? Pretty sure that's the only way they would face the Dodgers in the Division Series, just thought it was a bit weird that DeRosa was so ill-informed especially given the length of the segment.

Edit: My thinking in this is that the Wild Card play-in game winner will most likely have the worst record of the 4 playoff teams so they would play the leagues best team record wise which will be the Dodgers in the NL.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Looking like back-to-back poor outings from the Mets starters, a bad week of baseball will put them right back where they were basically.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
May pitched all over the place and still escaped with only one run after almost 6 innings. I'm legit feeling bad for Marlins. lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.