• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
...and Syndergaard coming up small when you need him the most, nothing unusual, par for the course.

A theme for ALL the Mets starters as of late.

Oct 25, 2017
Dealin Dave did what Dealin Dave does

The Sox have no farm system and a bunch of albatross contracts now but at least we got a WS out of the run

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy this, but I won't be happy if the Sox don't enjoy a long period of suck as a result of this while they "rebuild".

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
When you haven't won a single World Series in the last 10 months, you have no choice but to let go of your GM.

Oct 25, 2017
My honest speculation is that there was something going on behind the scenes outside of wins and losses and they just used the convenient cover of a loss to the Stanks (13 losses to them this season yikes)

DD not addressing the bullpen at all when it was a clear need was terrible but he still overall put a decent team on the field this year. They're going to end up somewhere north of +90 run differential on the season and if they got anything at all out of their starters not named Eduardo Rodriguez they would be a wild card lock at least. He didn't deserve to get canned off of his performance this season alone

OP
OP
Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
My honest speculation is that there was something going on behind the scenes outside of wins and losses and they just used the convenient cover of a loss to the Stanks (13 losses to them this season yikes)

DD not addressing the bullpen at all when it was a clear need was terrible but he still overall put a decent team on the field this year. They're going to end up somewhere north of +90 run differential on the season and if they got anything at all out of their starters not named Eduardo Rodriguez they would be a wild card lock at least. He didn't deserve to get canned off of his performance this season alone

I don't think it's too complicated, and yes he did deserve to be canned off this season.

The question right now is how do we see the future playing out? Dombrowski has a talent for acquiring and paying high valued veterans, to mix with homegrown players. The organization is just not comfortable with tasking him to rebuild the farm. We milked him and got a championship out of it.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I don't think it's too complicated, and yes he did deserve to be canned off this season.

The question right now is how do we see the future playing out? Dombrowski has a talent for acquiring and paying high valued veterans, to mix with homegrown players. The organization is just not comfortable with tasking him to rebuild the farm. We milked him and got a championship out of it.
...he deserved to fired coming off a world series win?

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

I'm a yanks fan, but like Dave is not the gm you want to have do 2016 yanks reload which the Sox might have to do with Betts.

Dave supposedly has an abrasive personality and the Sox have a history of doing such things.

It wasn't the yanks cover btw, it was absolutely the Patriots that they were using to cover this. This had to be planned for a while tbh.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
The case for the 2nd NL wild card spot is going to get pretty fucking crazy down the stretch (and potentially the NL Central yet, as well). The Brewers are only 2 games behind the Cubs and for the remainder of the season only play 3 games against any team above .500. The Diamondbacks have a slightly tougher schedule. The Cubs have seven games left against the Cardinals alone and almost the entire rest of their schedule is division rival games.

OP
OP
Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
im not sure? I can't imagine the astros firing anyone after winning the world series. generally no one deserves to be fired after achieving the highest goal possible in your sport. but yea "east coast has higher standards" /eyeroll

He would have been out after the season was over. I'm not certain why 3 weeks early makes a difference.

He failed to inject new talent to the roster, sign players at key positions, did not make any deals at the deadline, and depleted a farm system which needs to be addressed. It's not a dumpster fire here we are talking about.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Astros are the first team *ever* to hit six home runs on the first two innings of a game.

They scored 2 measly runs on Saturday when I went to the game with my wife. Since then they've scored 36 runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.