• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Tough break for Christian. He balled out this year and deserved better than that.

Also, don't sleep on Ketel Marte for the nl mvp race. He has quietly been one of the best players in the league.
He's doing well but he doesn't match up with Yelich or bellinger
He's quite a bit behind Yelich in batting (over 10 home runs 20 stolen bases 30 walks though Marte has more triples) He will likely pass Yelich in RBIs thanks to the injury and has a solid batting average (which is still currently a little behind Yelich) And keep in mind by most data Yelich is fairly behind Bellinger.

from baseball reference
Marte WAR = 6.5 (6.0 offense, 1 defense weighted somehow to get to 6.5 :P)
Yelich WAR = 7.1 (7.3 offense, -.6 defense)

and then there is Bellinger
Bellinger WAR = 8.2 (6.1 offense, 1.6 defense weighted somehow to get to 8.2)

So if you have voters that favor defense Bellinger is winning that over Marte and if you have voters who favor offense Yelich will win that over Marte, and if you have people who look at both they will be picking Bellinger over Marte.

Again he's having a great season, but I don't think there is enough of the season left for him to be in serious contention for the MVP unless he launches like 20 home runs over the last 19 games.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, there goes the season for the Brewers
it's a huge blow no doubt. But it is just as likely that it kicks the brewers into high gear as it is that it breaks their spirits. After all they don't want Yelich to feel like him getting hurt cost them the season.

plus while Yelich is one of the best in baseball, it's still a team effort. Mike Trout can tell you quite well one guy doesn't win it all.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Damm sucks for Yelich. I was hoping the MVP race would come down to wire and HR's being the deciding factor.

Also I hate that the Dodgers are celebrating.
You have nothing to celebrate. You've been there for the past 7 years. You've lost the WS twice in a row. They should only celebrate when they win the pennant and the WS. Nothing else.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
...who's going to beat them in the NL?
Any team that makes the playoffs has a good chance of beating them (not saying they aren't good but that playoffs are really a crap shoot). Any team has a chance of taking 3 out of 5.

though my money would be on the nats taking them out in the first round in 4 games :P

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Any team that makes the playoffs has a good chance of beating them. Any team has a chance of taking 3 out of 5.

though my money would be on the nats taking them out in the first round in 4 games :P

As good as the Nats have looked, let's not forget they still have yet to have won a playoff series.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
5 game lead
magic # 13
18 games left
13 games left with KC/Det/Chi. should win 9+
3 w/ Cle

not worried about winning the division, it would take a collapse against the AL Central.
more worried about playoff results with half the team either injured, day to day, or suspended for PEDs and everyone forgetting how to hit HRs the last couple weeks.
last night our outfield was:
LF-backup infielder,
CF-sept callup,
RF- was our left fielder
Starting CF on 60 day DL (buxton), starting RF who usually shifts to center injured d2d (Kepler), 3rd CF/4th outfielder injured d2d Cave), 5th outfielder/utility man has had a sideache for 3 weeks (Marwin)

1B was our 3rd catcher and 3B was a backup SS. it's getting dicey out there!

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
The AL Wild Card Race is crazy, I hope the As and Indians tie so they can play it out on the field and then come to Tampa

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Im just glad this is the last or second to last Rays throw out no starter bullpen day hopefully

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
And with the Cubs loss & the Brewers win, they're now officially tied with each other for the 2nd Wild Card spot in the National League.

Last edited:

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
To all of the Keeper League members in the thread - since no one reads the boards on yahoo, i'm pasting this here as well as in the discord re: Yelich being dropped

The owner of Yelich is a new fantasy player to the league and totally forgot this was a keeper league. The owner did not reach out to me, I reached out to him. I then informed the owner via discord and they did confirm to me that they did forget this was a keeper league.

Since Yelich is already out for the year, and no one in their right mind would actually drop Yelich in a keeper league especially with their team out of contention, I don't think any of us should have any issue with me adding Yelich back to their squad. Especially since this owner was new to our league and didn't bring any keepers into the season.

This isn't a vote, i've already made my decision. I just wanted you all to hear my reasoning and to not be surprised.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Game 163 part 2 here we go.

Also the Cardinals division lead quietly dropped to just 4 games

No, I don't think it will get that far. The Crew will surpass them, even with the loss of Yelich (sorry to hear that Brewers fans, he's a beast).

I'm a huge Cubs fan, but they just have faltered all season. Ever year since winning the WS they have regressed, this year worse than the others. Yes, they've been beset by injuries, but that's just an excuse. All teams need to deal with injuries and they need to overcome them.

Besides, the holes in this team are so big a tank could drive through them. Situational hitting, all facets of pitching (starting, middle and late relief), feast or famine offense, their defense has been much more sloppy this year.

But with all those issues, they have so much talent on this team where they been able to play well enough to be just above average. However, 'just above average' will not get you to the playoffs, or at the very best, a quick exit. Another thing they are really missing this year is the hunger. I haven't seen it since 2016. I anticipate there being a lot of changes for next season (first one Maddon going), but I don't see any game 163 this year for the Cubs. I feel they are just going to fade away before then.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
With the news that Severino and Stanton would be back next week there was bound to be more injuries to balance it out. That's just the way this year works.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Happ might be hurt as well. And I wouldn't be surprised if after today's start, CC goes back on the IL as well.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
It's 30 different players right now (Happ would be 31). Off the top of my head, Hicks, Stanton, Voit, Andujar, CC, and now presumably Encarnacion are the only repeats.

JoseDFrog

Oct 27, 2017
The way this season has gone we should celebrate every time someone went down. Which reminds me it's about time we call up Ells.

Status
Not open for further replies.