• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I had to at least gave up on the Brewers 84,897 times this season and yet they hold a playoff spot right now for some reason despite losing Yelich for the year.

Westonian

Oct 27, 2017
Kimbrel should never be allowed to throw another pitch for Chicago. He is less than worthless at this point.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't got to post much this season, but this Cards team is reminding me of 2011.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
That pretty much does it for the NL playoffs. The only thing left is whether the WC game is in DC or Milwaukee.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
That pretty much does it for the NL playoffs. The only thing left is whether the WC game is in DC or Milwaukee.
I wouldn't quite rule out the brewers snagging the central yet. The cards are facing much rougher opponents than they are and the brewers have been playing like crazy. (they are 18-4 since august 30th when they were only 2 games over .500)

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I remember back in early September the Cubs came into Miller Park and crushed the Brewers to take a 5 game lead for the wildcard spot. Sigh... oh well.

But ever since then the Brewers went 14-2, lol. Crazy.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm absolutely amazed that the Brewers have basically ruled September like this for a second straight year, I ruled them out a few times this year. I'd love to see the Brewers steal the NL Central at the last minute again too but a 3 game lead with 6 games left is a pretty tough task, even if the Cardinal's don't have smooth sailing to the finish line.

I can't believe the Cubs fell apart again this year.

Realistically, I don't see the Brewers making much noise this post season though. I don't see them keeping this momentum going without Yelich.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I heard that line a lot back when Yelich first got hurt and yet they are what like 12-2 without him?
Something like that, yeah. It's insane what they're doing right now and they could very well finish the year with 90 or 91 wins.

But they aren't going to be playing sub .500 teams in two weeks.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Fair, but all that really matters in the playoffs is who gets hot when.
It's hard to maintain such a hot streak, but nothing is impossible.
Very true and the Brewers are "peaking" at seemingly the perfect time.

Man, imagine how scary they'd look right now if Yelich didn't get hurt. Also, Yelich would probably be a lock for MVP right now if it wasn't for the injury.

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
Well my Cardinals take from last week sure hasn't aged well. Really wasn't expecting them to take two of 3 from the Nats and then sweep the Cubs at Wrigley. Still six games to go to lock up the division, but I'm happy to take the L on this one. Crazy September.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
9df3704f-bd8d-4567-bsskr3.jpeg

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading up on Mookie's situation in Boston and it's just making me sad. He is my favorite Red Sox player since Manny, Nomar, and Pedro. Trading him feels like a stab in the back for what he has done for us in the past 6 years. I think his price tag is worth it, we just have to drop JD (let him opt-out), Porcello, and probably Brock Holt.

They aren't going to get anything near Mookie's worth in a trade and our farm system is only depleted right now because we have Devers, Chavis, and Benintendi playing in the Majors and not Triple A.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Brewers magic number is 1

I don't think they're doing anything in the playoffs without Yelich but this September run has been amazing

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
I'm all in favor of putting in Chance Adams at this point and just letting the Rays walk it off before anyone else gets hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.