• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad that Pollock signed his trash ass to LA. Not shedding a tear on that one.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Somehow Roberts managed to make the worst possible pitching choices at every turn after choosing Bueller to start. Amazing...

It almost seems willful. I said he should have been fired in 2017 the Darvish fiasco in the WS game 7.

Oct 28, 2017
California
EGfWWMUXUAAZNNp

giphy.gif

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
So who's the manager most likely to replace Roberts then?

He jus signed an extension. Doubt he goes anywhere. And he seems to do the bidding of the front office.

At the end of the day this team gets to the playoffs, from there it's mostly a crapshoot. This is a shitty way for a 106 win team to go out, but people tend to overreact harshly to this stuff.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Dodgers were so confident this was their year too. Time for them to hire Joe Maddon.

Nats team of destiny this season with the way that have won both series so far.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
He jus signed an extension. Doubt he goes anywhere. And he seems to do the bidding of the front office.

At the end of the day this team gets to the playoffs, from there it's mostly a crapshoot. This is a shitty way for a 106 win team to go out, but people tend to overreact harshly to this stuff.

I feel like Ive been reading this take a lot year after year . It's inexcusable.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Ive been reading this take a lot year after year . It's inexcusable.

Because it's the reality of baseball and the playoffs. You are distilling 162 game seasons into short series'. There's really no blueprint here. The team that wins the World Series is generally the one that gets hot at a certain time of the year.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Nope. You get to the playoffs and you mismanage the bullpen this badly it's on you. Girardi got axed for less.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. You get to the playoffs and you mismanage the bullpen this badly it's on you. Girardi got axed for less.

Im not arguing about Roberts, (though it does seem like he gets a lot of notes on his management from the front office, so maybe it's not all on him), because Im not sure exactly how much a manager really matters in baseball, I'm speaking about the playoffs in general.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Because it's the reality of baseball and the playoffs. You are distilling 162 game seasons into short series'. There's really no blueprint here. The team that wins the World Series is generally the one that gets hot at a certain time of the year.

Lo honestly I don't even know how to respond to this tbh. I look forward to another chokejob and excuses next year. *Barring AZ Diamondbacks types upsets the AL seems to be very far ahead of the NL so it probably won't matter if/when they ever get back to WS anyway, at least for the foreseeable future

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Truth but people will find a way to excuse it all off season. Management will back Roberts, they'll quote the 106 wins blah blah blah . Same old nonsense. All on social media people are mad though, very very mad as they should be

They traded for Manny Machado and Yu Darvish in back to back deadlines and suddenly they aren't willing to part with prospects or make moves? Its a silly narrative. Every team looks bad in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.