• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2017
I think a lot of fans of actual middling teams would gladly take your misfortune.
Losing back to back WS and watching the manager mismanage the game and talent into an NLDS exit in the following year?

Yes, Ninja Scooter, i am sure Texas Rangers fans were the envy of everyone when they lost B2B World Series titles. 🙄🙄🙄

FOH.

No one would "glady" take seeing that shit happen to their team.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
As a historically bandwagon Padres fan, we'll take Dave Roberts off your hands. Come back south DR!

Tatis and Machado ftw 2021.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
They traded for Manny Machado and Yu Darvish in back to back deadlines and suddenly they aren't willing to part with prospects or make moves? Its a silly narrative. Every team looks bad in hindsight.

I may not have the answers BUT this " Eh it is what it is" thing you're doing doesn't fly. Not when the same failures keep coming. Not after 3 decades , in LA, with all that $$ spent. Something needs to change because the NL West may be a walk every year but the rest of the league has more than caught up with them. I'm glad that more than ever many "prominent" LA sports landscape voices ( that aren't sycophants for precious locker room access) on Twitter and elsewhere are finally tired of this shit too.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Losing back to back WS and watching the manager mismanage the game and talent into an NLDS exit in the following year?

Yes, Ninja Scooter, i am sure Texas Rangers fans were the envy of everyone when they lost B2B World Series titles. 🙄🙄🙄

FOH.

No one would "glady" take seeing that shit happen to their team.

Fans of actual middling teams, teams like the Mariners or Orioles or Reds that lately are shit more often than they aren't, would gladly take being in the playoffs every year and making the world series twice in a row, yes. I don't think I'm the one with the outlandish take here.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
As a historically bandwagon Padres fan, we'll take Dave Roberts off your hands. Come back south DR!

Tatis and Machado ftw 2021.

If, and this is a huge if, the Dodgers let him go, you know Farhan will be getting in touch with him in SF.

You've got Farhan's connection with the Dodgers.

You've got Robert's connection with Bochey.

Dec 12, 2017
Fans of actual middling teams, teams like the Mariners or Orioles or Reds that lately are shit more often than they aren't, would gladly take being in the playoffs every year and making the world series twice in a row, yes. I don't think I'm the one with the outlandish take here.
No fan in their right mind would trade expected mediocrity for heartbreaking failure on the biggest stage, two years in a fucking row.

As i said, FOH with that bullshit.

yup, grienke is having a great post season...
I had a better postseason than Kersh.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I may not have the answers BUT this " Eh it is what it is" thing you're doing doesn't fly. Not when the same failures keep coming. Not after 3 decades , in LA, with all that $$ spent. Something needs to change because the NL West may be a walk every year but the rest of the league has more than caught up with them

Im not saying the players or Roberts are without blame, or that changes don't need to be made, I'm saying I'm not sure consistently being in the playoffs is the level of failure people are ascribing. Im saying just because they have money or are in a big market doesn't entitle the Dodgers to a World Series. The current ownership and front office group of the Dodgers has set them up in a position for what looks like long term success through trades and drafts and player development. This team is going to be good for a long time, and the longer you are good the more of a chance you will win a World Series at some point.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
No fan in their right mind would trade expected mediocrity for heartbreaking failure on the biggest stage, two years in a fucking row.

As i said, FOH with that bullshit.

Making the playoffs, and making the world series, means you have a chance at a title. Yes, Im saying most fanbases, the ones that aren't idiots, would take that over consistent mediocrity. That's not bullshit, it's just not overly reactionary angsty hyperbole.

Dec 12, 2017
Making the playoffs, and making the world series, means you have a chance at a title. Yes, Im saying most fanbases, the ones that aren't idiots, would take that over consistent mediocrity. That's not bullshit, it's just not overly reactionary angsty hyperbole.
You said they would trade positions with us, including the heartache we have endured. When the Dodgers were not playing in and losing WS, i wasn't envious of the Texas Rangers getting there twice and failing.

And your feeble attempts at being reductive are clown shoes.

Dodger fans have a right to say we have seen enough from Roberts the same way we had seen enough from Del Harris.

Too much talent to be wasting it on bad managers.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
You said they would trade positions with us. When the Dodgers were not playing in and losing WS, i wasn't envious of the Texas Rangers getting there twice and failing.

Dodger fans have a right to say we have seen enough from Roberts the same way we had seen enough from Del Harris.

That's fine. Im not defending Roberts' job here. Fire him. Baseball managers are fairly disposable.

But to your Del Harris analogy, I also don't necessarily think there's a Phil Jackson waiting in the wings who can take the pieces here and all of a sudden turn them into a guaranteed champion and take that next step that Roberts couldn't.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Roberts is the problem. He is terrible at managing pitchers in the post season. And one could argue during regular season too.

ZTRgfpr.png

Source:

Dec 12, 2017
But to your Del Harris analogy, I also don't necessarily think there's a Phil Jackson waiting in the wings who can take the pieces here and all of a sudden turn them into a guaranteed champion and take that next step that Roberts couldn't.
That may be true but if the Dodgers aren't looking, then they are gonna continue to win the NL West and a bunch of ultimately meaningless games in the regular season and fizzle out in the playoffs.

On further thought, Dave Roberts is probably a closer analog to Mike D'Antoni than Del Harris, actually. Regular season stat monster; playoff choker.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I think that I'm just about done with the Dodgers. I can't take it any longer. Stupid, pathetic team!

They had a chance to win the World Series Championship twice, & have blown it. They couldn't even get past the NLDS this year. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
I may not have the answers BUT this " Eh it is what it is" thing you're doing doesn't fly. Not when the same failures keep coming. Not after 3 decades , in LA, with all that $$ spent. Something needs to change because the NL West may be a walk every year but the rest of the league has more than caught up with them. I'm glad that more than ever many "prominent" LA sports landscape voices ( that aren't sycophants for precious locker room access) on Twitter and elsewhere are finally tired of this shit too.

what?? Dodgers were closed to trading for that pedophile closer from the pirates! Imagine if Dodgers did give up the top prospects for him then what? We be in a worse situation and everyonewould still be saying that they didn't do enough in the trade deadline

Dec 12, 2017
I think that I'm just about done with the Dodgers. I can't take it any longer. Stupid, pathetic team!

They had a chance to win the World Series Championship twice, & have blown it. They couldn't even get past the NLDS this year. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.
TBF, no one was beating that Baaaw-ston team from last year but yes, we were 2 Yu Darvish tipped pitches games from winning the series in 2017.

Viol8tor

Oct 25, 2017
As a Long life #Dodgers fan, born and raised in L.A - this franchise is a fraud man.

Ive been told all my life that this team is a historic franchise. Never doubted it. But I'm 30 years old now. They've never won a world series in my life time. I could care less about the old players and its history. There basiclaly the clippers in my eyes.

There the first or second most popular team in Los Angeles and that makes fans come up with excuses for them, about why they cant win it all. The manager is always the fall guy, his fault or not. But enough. They collectively come short year after year after year. What L.A team star player has ever been glorified but choked when it comes the most like Kershaw? None.

I'm laughing and crying at the same time. Done with them.

Good thing Baseball is only like my 5th favorite sport. #GoLAkers!!

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
You said they would trade positions with us, including the heartache we have endured. When the Dodgers were not playing in and losing WS, i wasn't envious of the Texas Rangers getting there twice and failing.

Try rooting for an actual bad (or non-existent) team for 45 years.

As a Nats fan, fuck all the way off with this bullshit.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
As a Long life #Dodgers fan, born and raised in L.A - this franchise is a fraud man.

Ive been told all my life that this team is a historic franchise. Never doubted it. But I'm 30 years old now. They've never won a world series in my life time. I could care less about the old players and its history. There basiclaly the clippers in my eyes.

There the first or second most popular team in Los Angeles and that makes fans come up with excuses for them, about why they cant win it all. The manager is always the fall guy, his fault or not. But enough. They collectively come short year after year after year. What L.A team star player has ever been glorified but choked when it comes the most like Kershaw? None.

I'm laughing and crying at the same time. Done with them.

Good thing Baseball is only like my 5th favorite sport. #GoLAkers!!

Yeah, when was the last time that the Dodgers have won a World Series Championship? 1988! I was only 6 years old back then.

Dec 12, 2017
Try rooting for an actual bad (or non-existent) team for 45 years.

As a Nats fan, fuck all the way off with this bullshit.
You say that as someone that doesn't know the outcomes yet.

Had you had to watch your Nats get to and lose the series two straight years and then have, say, Strasburg meltdown in the following year and shit the game away (after winning 106 games) you would be over the moon, right?

You'd feel inspired, right?

Fuck all the way off with THAT bullshit.

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I don't know why it is but the players in the NL from top to bottom just aren't the same level of quality seen in the AL. Dodgers do suck though but that's what they get for moving out of Brooklyn.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Preferring to be the Mets instead of a team that has a chance to win a title year after year is certainly a take

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
You say that as someone that doesn't know the outcomes yet.

Had you had to watch your Nats get to and lose the series two straight years and then have, say, Strasburg meltdown in the following year and shit the game away (after winning 106 games) you would be over the moon, right?

You'd feel inspired, right?

Fuck all the way off with THAT bullshit.
As a DC Sports, fan, I don't want to hear it. The Lakers have more titles in the last 15 years alone than our city in the last 100.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Roberts needs to be fired. Amazing to stick with Kelly after he gave you 1 great inning, and even more amazing that he didn't take him out after giving up that double. I'll blame Friedman if he doesn't fire Roberts. There's no excuse after this.

You don't blame the front office for not making a big trade at the deadline though. Can't act as if relievers aren't volatile and as if the big arm wasn't Felipe Vasquez.

Dec 12, 2017
Preferring to be the Mets instead of a team that has a chance to win a title year after year is certainly a take
AGAIN FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME, I would rather know my team wasn't doing anything and avoid the heartache i actually experienced the last two years.

Did you enjoy getting to the series and losing a few years ago, Mets fan?

How about when you lost to the Yanks in the Subway Series?

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
I'm totally down for the Dodgers embracing mediocrity though. We'll gladly take Walker Buehler off your hands. That should help with that.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is what it actually says when you search "Clayton Kershaw" on Google:

1wQNH3K.jpg

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
lol. Some of you melting down in here. Makes no sense. You gotta make the playoffs to win the playoffs.

Would you seriously want to be what the Lakers have been?

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Uncalled for. dude is an all-time-great. Baseball is a chaotic game by its very nature.

This I will 100 agree with. That's why no matter how nasty the losses have been I've never really been able to take a shot at him. Good dude and has given so much. He was the lone bright spot for so long and a lot of times was just let down by run support instead of straight up blowing a game. Still, that post season stat line will forever be a talking point and legacy blemish

Dec 12, 2017
I'm totally down for the Dodgers embracing mediocrity though. We'll gladly take Walker Buehler off your hands. That should help with that.
Yeah, no.

We'll send him to be QB for the Jest before that happens.

lol. Some of you melting down in here. Makes no sense. You gotta make the playoffs to win the playoffs.

Would you seriously want to be what the Lakers have been?
Making the playoffs isn't the issue for the Dodgers, henhowc .

Status
Not open for further replies.