• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Still not enough but it's better than nothing. We'll always have that * ready in our hearts though

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
There's really no satisfactory response to this, its in the past. And they won a title. A suspension or firing doesn't change that (and put to a choice I bet most teams would choose a title even if it meant having to fire their GM/manager).

I do think it's hilarious that the Astros organization has a zero tolerance policy towards cheating but will rally around a wife beater.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly the only thing surprising about any of this is that Carlos Beltran gets absolutely no suspension. He's still in the game. It doesn't make sense not to suspend him.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Alex Cora is so screwed. I've heard talking heads suggesting he may receive a lifetime ban. It would be pretty hard to justify Pete Rose's ban if they allow Cora to participate in the sport going forward.

OP
OP
Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Alex Cora is so screwed. I've heard talking heads suggesting he may receive a lifetime ban. It would be pretty hard to justify Pete Rose's ban if they allow Cora to participate in the sport going forward.
They don't need to give him a lifetime ban. He will get 2-3 years and nobody will touch him again.

An MLB manager isn't the same thing as a NFL head coach.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Why? I was listening to the hitting season podcast today and they said that when he found out about the monitors he got rid of them and that someone above him had them replaced. Not sure how much more you could reasonably expect a manager to do.
pr risk imo. idk, may be right. could find another job in the industry. his manager days I think are done though.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand Hinch seemed like a really good manager, but on the other hand managers in baseball seem fairly fungible so I'm not sure an owner would take on that kind of baggage.

this isn't like the NFL whwre it made sense for the Saints to stick with Sean Payton through his suspension because you can't just find another Sean Payton, you're more likely to end up with a Freddie Kitchens.

JoseDFrog

Oct 27, 2017
Red Sox should vacate the 2004 title, buncha cheaters. Actually just erase everything from 2004-2008 and from 2010-now.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
4 years for a 34 year old can be kind of yikes, but barring injury I think you can bank on Donaldson being fairly productive at least the first two years of that.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Braves are in win now mode. The farm is going to dry up quick. Should have given him whatever he wanted.

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County

Braves are in win now mode. The farm is going to dry up quick. Should have given him whatever he wanted.

giphy.gif

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
And since we went and signed bad and/or injured pitchers, going to need to win most games 8-6
Donaldson is going to help improve the infield defense a lot. He was 20 runs more valuable at 3B than Sano last year. His range will help both Polanco & Arraez be better.

This is a way better signing than Ryu who was really the only rotation difference maker they had a shot at. And the pitching signings they made are not sexy, but they help raise the floor without completely wrecking the payroll, so they can still go make a trade either before ST or at the deadline.

If you and other Twins fans want to be miserable about it that is fine but this is a pretty god damn exciting signing and the team is going to be a ton of fun. Just gotta make sure they can avoid the fucking Yankees in the first round, and honestly even if they'd signed Cole I would feel this same way.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Donaldson is going to help improve the infield defense a lot. He was 20 runs more valuable at 3B than Sano last year. His range will help both Polanco & Arraez be better.

This is a way better signing than Ryu who was really the only rotation difference maker they had a shot at. And the pitching signings they made are not sexy, but they help raise the floor without completely wrecking the payroll, so they can still go make a trade either before ST or at the deadline.

If you and other Twins fans want to be miserable about it that is fine but this is a pretty god damn exciting signing and the team is going to be a ton of fun. Just gotta make sure they can avoid the fucking Yankees in the first round, and honestly even if they'd signed Cole I would feel this same way.
I'm miserable?? Love the signing. But with Pineda and Hill being out for months, we are relying so much on Berrios and Odo to be dominant in the first half. The lineup is ridiculous, but we are going to have to trust Smeltz and Dobnak to pitch more games than I'd like. Bullpen seems solid though.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I'm miserable?? Love the signing. But with Pineda and Hill being out for months, we are relying so much on Berrios and Odo to be dominant in the first half. The lineup is ridiculous, but we are going to have to trust Smeltz and Dobnak to pitch more games than I'd like. Bullpen seems solid though.
I am hoping/expecting Graterol to win a spot in the rotation at the start of the year, then shift him to the pen down the stretch to manage his workload. And I still think they add another pitcher. I'd trade anyone but Graterol for Gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.