• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao @ motherfuckers trying to justify cheating because "it's pretty much part of sports, so that's too bad, oh well, we got ours". Fuck outta here.

Edit:

And to elaborate yes cheating is 100% part of sports, but the degree in which the Astros did and the organization as a whole is a disgrace.

Emobacca

Nov 2, 2017
Baseball players have a rep for being vanilla so seeing this many players (and star players at that) spew venom at the Astros has been great

Let's see if the greatest baseball player in decades has anything to say on this.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
This is a crappy way to start a whole new season of baseball but as shitty as it is it had to be addressed finally and fully.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
yea sorry, i watched a different interview than the one he gave to Ken. The one i watched he was talking about the nats winning fair and square.

This is a crappy way to start a whole new season of baseball but as shitty as it is it had to be addressed finally and fully.
i think its fucking great. For once im actually excited for regular season baseball. People are talking about the league at a time when they'd largely be ignoring it, fans are getting into it with each other on twitter and elsewhere.

excuse me, I would never be seen with such hideous makeup on. Also doing Joker, so cliche.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Humans are incapable of having a change of heart. We all know there is no fear in blowing up and exposing a MLB franchise for cheating.

Fiers is a clown.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Anthony DiComo on Twitter

“Jed Lowrie won't define his injury, saying only that his left knee is the root cause. He can't commit to being ready to play in Grapefruit League games, let alone Opening Day. Very few actual answers from Lowrie as he reports to Mets camp. https://t.co/zlpuMA5O5d”

Great signing.

OP
OP
Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I feel like I took out Tony. I was looking at the 1995 Yankee team and ended up on his page throughout the rabbit hole earlier this week.

RIP. Solid career.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Im sure all the teams love to hear that the thing they play for all season is just a peice of metal

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Tony Fernandez was outstanding throughout his career, the years he gave the Jays, whew.

And fuck the Astros, top to bottom. Fuck everyone that didn't say shit while on the team as well. Manfred can go fuck himself too.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"They weren't cheating in 2019 with buzzers"
"How do you know"
"They gave me a pinky promise that they didn't, sounds legit to me"

What an utter joke.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not watching baseball this year until is Manfred is gone. The commish of the league calling the trophy just a hunk of metal is actual insanity lol.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I am incredibly confused by the backslash at Manfred. Watching that interview he explained his reasonings well imo. There are sadly realities to the situation and they did a decent job all things considered. Would have liked to see international draft penalties though. It certainly sounds like he wanted to do more but couldn't.

Are most you just getting your info from various out of context tweets or something?
I'm not watching baseball this year until is Manfred is gone. The commish of the league calling the trophy just a hunk of metal is actual insanity lol.
... Well I mean thats exactly what you'd be taking away. You can't exactly take away the experience of winning the series and give it to the Dodgers. Baseball didn't even take away the title from the White Sox 100 years ago.

deftech

Oct 29, 2017
I am incredibly confused by the backslash at Manfred. Watching that interview he explained his reasonings well imo. There are sadly realities to the situation and they did a decent job all things considered. Would have liked to see international draft penalties though. It certainly sounds like he wanted to do more but couldn't.

Are most you just getting your info from various out of context tweets or something?

... Well I mean thats exactly what you'd be taking away. You can't exactly take away the experience of winning the series and give it to the Dodgers. Baseball didn't even take away the title from the White Sox 100 years ago.

They shouldn't give it to the Dodgers either, it should be vacated. No champion.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017

No, the White Sox did that themselves.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, in actuality any trophy is just a hunk of metal. But that hunk of metal is what each team plays over 100 games each year to get. It has a meaning to it, alongside the experience of winning it. The commish calling that thing you work so hard to win just a piece of metal wouldn't make me want to keep playing for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.