Oct 25, 2017

DxjQQdxWsAAmVMW.jpg

DxjQWGpW0AEeHbx.jpg

DxjQbvZXgAIAjaS.jpg

DxjQLhcXgAAovg8.jpg

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What a fantastic class, I honestly never thought there would be a unanimous decision in the hall, but Rivera deserves it

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm mistaken, both Clemens and Bonds saw their percentages went down.
EDIT: I'm mistaken. They went up.

And the popular headline: UnaniMOus

Last edited:

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It really says something about how shitty the voters are that it's taken this long to have a player be unanimously voted in.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Fantastic class. Rivera deserves it. Glad to see Moose finally get the recognition he earned.

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
Happy to see Moose get in, thought he'd have to wait for next year. And obviously it's good to finally have all the hand-wringing over "unanimous picks" over with.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats Mo! The greatest closer ever. Glad to have seen him pitch.

Edit: Moose made it! Fuck yeah!

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Mussina going as a Yankee? I'm a Yankees fan and that just looks wrong lol. He will always be an Oriole to me. I'm thankful for his service, mind you.

Mo is a no brainer.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Glad to see voters correct their mistake and get Moose in there sooner than later.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Still no Bonds? Having a Hall of Fame for baseball is just stupid at this point.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Amazing what being a one-pitch, one-inning Yankee will get you.

But in all seriousness, Roy Halladay is the reason I fell in love with baseball. Incredibly happy and sad on this emotional day to see him enter the Hall on his first shot. One of the best Blue Jays people, not just players, of all time.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Not sold on Mussina. I just might be getting old but I don't remember any real dominating performances. Stats are decent. Looking at other recent inductees for pitchers like Jack Morris and Blyleven I guess he is similar. Felt those two were league dominators at a stage in their career where Mussina was always an accessory as a Yankee and the only bright spot on some shitty Baltimore teams.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Mussina! One of my favorite pitchers - glad he got in. Overall - amazing class.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
If you get just 20% of the votes in your first year of eligibility you're not a hall of famer and shouldn't get another chance IMO

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Not sold on Mussina. I just might be getting old but I don't remember any real dominating performances. Stats are decent. Looking at other recent inductees for pitchers like Jack Morris and Blyleven I guess he is similar. Felt those two were league dominators at a stage in their career where Mussina was always an accessory as a Yankee and the only bright spot on some shitty Baltimore teams.

Came within one strike of throwing a perfect game against the Soxs until Carl Everett got a hit. He was a dominant pitcher with the O's.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Moose > Glavine.

He also pitched his entire career in the AL East.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Pitched in the AL East his entire career - pretty good postseason stats, should have had a perfect game, and overall - just consistent as hell.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. I don't really follow baseball, but how is it there has never been a unanimous person before?

because baseball is the land of stupid unwritten rules like "no play should ever be unanimous". Basically, my favorite player wasn't voted in unanimously so yours cant be either. 3 jackasses couldn't even bring themselves to vote for Griffey

May 26, 2018
Awesome class, and I totally agree with Rivera. Hopefully that will open the door for future super HOFers to get the unanimous vote if deserving.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
What blasphemy is this? There is no way if you had the choice in the time period both were pitching in that you would take Mussina over Glavine if it was a straight one to one.
Moose is the better pitcher and the numbers don't lie.

Glavine played on great teams and was the third best starter during that run.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Also Moose retired as a Yankee lol

Has to officially have been the worst year to be an Orioles fan ever

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
because baseball is the land of stupid unwritten rules like "no play should ever be unanimous". 3 jackasses couldn't even bring themselves to vote for Griffey for this reason. One of the electors made a big deal about abstaining this year instead of spoiling it
Doc should have been unanimous either way, but even after dying young tragically some writers can't stop being contrarian

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Moose is the better pitcher and the numbers don't lie.

Glavine played on great teams and was the third best starter during that run.

When was he the best option for the Yankees? He was never the top dog really. David Wells had better years in the early 2000s didn't he? I know the new thing is to hate on wins but that isn't all Glavine was good for.

EDIT: Holy fuck I am losing my memory. I completely forgot that Halladay died.