• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Sony is going to be printing so much money this generation if they actually try at their live service games. Jeez.

Oct 30, 2017
I also wondered, are jobs more stable at studios that literally make the same kind of game each year? Or Is there a high staff turnaround?

I can't imagine working on the same series yearly. When you finish this years game, it's straight on to the next! No disrespect meant of course! I know they're all super talented people. Just always been curious.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Imagine if you could play while you are at the stadium. You could be hitting against the pitcher actually at the mound.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Probably some sort of companion app.
The job listing states
After learning the current architecture and systems, you will continue to maintain, extend, or develop our current code base. Your efforts will directly impact our efforts in mobile application development.
and
  • Experience with Vulkan, OpenGL ES and Metal.
  • Multi-platform development experience (*nix, Windows, gaming console).

This is more than likely a mobile port of The Show, doubt it's just some companion app with these requirements.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Mobile phones are already pretty capable graphics wise so I can see an arcade-like, trimmed down MLB The Show experience with a strong emphasis on cards and microtransactions, which is par for the course in the mobile gaming market.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I also wondered, are jobs more stable at studios that literally make the same kind of game each year? Or Is there a high staff turnaround?

I can't imagine working on the same series yearly. When you finish this years game, it's straight on to the next! No disrespect meant of course! I know they're all super talented people. Just always been curious.
Getting a fat bonus every year from putting out a successful game certainly helps :)

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
A mobile version of MLB The Show gaming before a VR HR Derby mode is wild.

We were almost there..
maxresdefault.jpg

That being said, with their engine being so scalable... PSVITA (back then), Switch, PS5/SeriesX.... and MLB/Sony wanting this almost everywhere... I'm sure a VR version will be announced for PSVR2

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone heard anything about a PC port? I can't seem to find anything.

Theres no PC port. I was shocked it came to Switch before PC, I'd be completely stunned if it came to mobile before PC next year

MLB "gacha" would probably print money. Game version of Baseball cards.

I don't think they'd be able to do something like this. Topps had the card rights to stuff like this and now thats Fanatic stuff. They could probably get by porting the current game to mobile or creating an actual mobile game but I do wonder if Fanatic got even more rights than Topps did there.