• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i wonder if mlb gave sony a choice put the game on other platforms or lose the licences

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Additional console platforms, make me think Sony is dipping its toe into Switch ports.I somehow doubt they'd release for Xbox but weirder things have happened.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
This is the biggest news I've seen in a minute. Pretty cool!

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So a Sony-owned studio is going to develop games for Xbox and/or Switch?... That's interesting.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
BETTER TOGETHER.

eVyOdMf.jpg

Congrats Xbox owners. You finally getting in.

Oct 25, 2017
One of the reasons I got a PS4 over XB1 after owning a 360 was MLB....

I'm still gonna get a PS5 over a Scarlett but MLB being exclusive helped me dodge a big bullet :p

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
This might be a case where MLB is going to stop producing RBI Baseball, which was created because otherwise there would be no MLB games on non-sony Platforms, in exchange for Sony developing the game for all platforms

Most likely, it's just PC/Stadia, but it's interesting to dream!

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I don't see anything that says it's coming to non Sony platforms.

Edit in front of my face. Lol nice!

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
This probably means MLB is shutting down their own (futile) attempt with RBI. MLB must have paid a nice sum.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
As much as I'd love this on PC, I bet it means they'll develop it for PS4 and PS5. I really hope I'm wrong as I'd love a proper MLB game on PC, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

EDIT: Never mind, I re-read the press release! Let's fucking go PC release!

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Having a sports game exclusive to a single console was always dumb so I'm glad this is happening

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Always seemed a little weird that one of the big American sports' official game was a console exclusive.

Neat!

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not. The Show is the one licensed game series MLB has left that anyone cares about. It's more likely that they gave Sony something to get them to do this.

It's either what the poster said about them stripping the license unless it goes multiplatform, or they gave Sony the license fully, meaning no one else can produce licensed baseball games (like we see with Madden and the NFL).

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Wow, this has huge potential given how much high quality sports sims sell. Sony may have another big money maker series on their hands

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
That's really weird since Sony develops it; I'd think they'd hand it over to a different studio before this would happen.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
fucking awesome. very smart by Sony, will be an even bigger evergreen than it already was.