• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
if jon jones could stop threatening to kill people for five seconds, jon vs. alex would be based

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
if they book Aspinall vs. Alex on a month's notice I will not say a bad word about Dana White for the rest of the year

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
We need to step back and put some more respect on Adesanya's chin.

Yes he got put away (but not out) in the first Poatan fight but overall he ate bombs like nobody else in the UFC has been able to do.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Since it looks like Stipe already turned down the fight with Aspinall, Alex vs Aspinall in Brazil would be a huge fight. It'd be weird seeing an interim belt up for grabs, but not like they have a ton of options with Jones still out. This was a great card, overall; would've been perfect had they switched the Bo Nickal fight with Jiri vs Rakic.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Best part is that we didn't have to go through fake crass attention grabby trash talk. We just had 2 great fighters go at it.

MMA deserves better fans and owners. Connor and Chandler will be full carny

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017

They used to train together at American Top Team which would be interesting.

"There were no girls when I got to American Top Team. I was the first woman to bring two belts and put the women's team in history. When Kayla (Harrison) got there and then (Yana) Kunitskaya, it began creating a weird situation for me because that was my territory." Nunes said on MMA Fighting podcast Trocação Franca.

"Other bantamweights were coming. Kunitskaya, who was already at the top and could've been a future opponent with a win over Ketlen (Vieira). She got there right when she was close to becoming the next opponent. She showed up in the gym and I had a scare when I walked in. I was like, 'No, it's not possible.' It was creating this situation already.

"And then Kayla started talking. I was kind of, 'Man, I'm not safe even in my territory.' I was kind of cornered, even because we share the same coaches. She trains with Mike Brown and I train with Mike Brown. I was already training with them when she got there."

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the photo of Max (spoiler just in case):

l09gsxrfhduc1.jpeg

Topuria gonna have to face this version of Max soon.

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
Since it looks like Stipe already turned down the fight with Aspinall, Alex vs Aspinall in Brazil would be a huge fight. It'd be weird seeing an interim belt up for grabs, but not like they have a ton of options with Jones still out. This was a great card, overall; would've been perfect had they switched the Bo Nickal fight with Jiri vs Rakic.

Long as they keep Alex away from any grapplers he will do well.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it seems like almost everybody thought Gaethje was going to destroy Holloway's legs and then knock him out. Turns out Holloway just knocks him out by the end of the 5th round.

View: https://twitter.com/alexvolkanovski/status/1779379743760306529

You know it's a legendary moment when even the GOATs are losing their shit watching it

View: https://x.com/MightyMouse/status/1779581838828453996

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
^ yuuuup.

So long as they keep Pereira away from grapplers he will do well.

Part of my issue with everyone rushing to crown Alex is that UFC is keeping him away from a whole subset of fighters who would drag him to the ground and submit him in a round. (Also, Du Plessis is a kickboxing world champion so I'm not sure Alex wants any part of him either). Like this works as long as you have stand up fighters, but the second he deals with jones or Miocic or any of the good wrestlers? It's gonna be baaaaad.

burialsociety

Feb 7, 2018
Pereira has been protected to an extent, but his booking has also been symptomatic of middleweight and light heavyweight being light on in terms of quality wrestlers. And what does Du Plessis being a WAKO gold medalist have to do with anything? Pereira is one of the most accomplished kickboxers of all time.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
I'm honestly not too concerned for Pereira on that front, working with Glover was a pretty inspired choice and he now knows enough to at least survive on the bottom.

Jon/Stipe aren't going to stick around long enough to fight him, fighters are going to continue to underwrite his glory/kb credentials and when it actually comes to fighting someone who can wrestle I think his worst case will be being ground out over 5 rounds. If it's a permanent move for him I don't doubt he'd fill out his frame a fair amount too.

burialsociety

Feb 7, 2018
It's also worth mentioning that people expected Jan and Jiri to just take him down and submit him and he won both of those fights comfortably. Neither of those guys are amazing grapplers, but they should've been able to tap Pereira if he's as much of a novice as people make out.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Part of my issue with everyone rushing to crown Alex is that UFC is keeping him away from a whole subset of fighters who would drag him to the ground and submit him in a round. (Also, Du Plessis is a kickboxing world champion so I'm not sure Alex wants any part of him either). Like this works as long as you have stand up fighters, but the second he deals with jones or Miocic or any of the good wrestlers? It's gonna be baaaaad.
Isn't Jones' thing fighting people on their terms? I don't think he'd wrestle with Alex, he'd try to beat him on his feet

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Am I alone here in liking the Pereira knockout better than the Holloway one? Max's is great, an all-timer, super exciting, but Alex's was out of nowhere.