• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming Usman/RDA is already booked, if he wins, that's a 9 UFC fight streak; who does he get after that? ...Till? People have gotten title shots for less than that.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Cowboy gets beat standing, goes for point takedowns , and then talks about how he ALMOST called off the fight due to being sick day of.

Only thing better then seeing him get that nasty cut would be seeing him layed out in a pull of blood from that cut. I think Edwards could have gone for the kill but was pretty conservative overall.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming Usman/RDA is already booked, if he wins, that's a 9 UFC fight streak; who does he get after that? ...Till? People have gotten title shots for less than that.

The UFC want Till to take win the belt, I reckon. I don't think they'll give him to Usman.

Usman, I imagine the UFC think they're risking an inferior Woodley clone by letting him fight for the title - a wrestler with a lot of power that doesn't even knock people out as much or is as well known and similarly "difficult" to market.

Usman needs to fight for the title sooner or later though. He's a much clearer title challenger than anyone. 8 fight win streak, let that man eat.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
DC spoke out this week saying JBJ isn't in the GOAT conversation because of his violations (I and I think every rational MMA fan should agree) and it got me thinking about how DC has had a complete turnaround in the eyes of some MMA fans as one of the most organic babyfaces. Not only one of the most hard-working, talented and decorated guys in the business but also an intelligent analyst and all-round great dude and family man.

I wonder if Cormier v Jones ever happens, the fans will finally start booing the right guy.
I really wish someone on JRE would argue back to Rogaine when he harps on about tainted creatine being in Jones' creatine-tainted cocaine...

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DC spoke out this week saying JBJ isn't in the GOAT conversation because of his violations (I and I think every rational MMA fan should agree) and it got me thinking about how DC has had a complete turnaround in the eyes of some MMA fans as one of the most organic babyfaces. Not only one of the most hard-working, talented and decorated guys in the business but also an intelligent analyst and all-round great dude and family man.

I wonder if Cormier v Jones ever happens, the fans will finally start booing the right guy.
I really wish someone on JRE would argue back to Rogaine when he harps on about tainted creatine being in Jones' creatine-tainted cocaine...
I don't remember, was DC booed at the second fight between those two?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
DC was getting a little dirty in the lead up to those fights, calling Bones a crackhead and making fun of his addiction, which, granted, was just a part of playing the game, but also not a way to necessarily endear yourself to fans or play the babyface. The more i've seen of him, the more I just don't think that was him, he was trying to hard to play a part, trash talk and hype up the fight.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DC was talking that trash because it bothered Jon and for once he got to play to the crowd.

I think DC is naturally a shit talker to begin with, I just don't think he imagined he could be that guy, he never needed to be, but once Jon did all his dirty work for him in terms of exposing himself as human filth, DC had a clear conscience going about talking that ish.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
So is MMA Hour actually closer to an hour now, focused more on analysis, and less focused on interviewing some the same individuals for over an hour a week?

Count me in

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, DC looked so much better in that second fight, up until he got caught obviously. A regularly fighting DC against an even rustier Jones? I think I'd go with DC.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
No chance. I don't care how rusty Jones is, not at any moment did he look in danger in both fights and DC ain't getting younger .

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

How does this fucking piece of shit still have any fans. There must be some huge overlap with Trump supporters who admire pathetic behavior.

No chance. I don't care how rusty Jones is, not at any moment did he look in danger in both fights and DC ain't getting younger .

He was piecing Jones up on the feet in the second fight and then got caught. Jones is also loaded to the gills with steroids, take all that away and we have no idea what he'd look like.

Last edited:

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Well literally the post above me tries to have people believe that Jones wasn't controlling the fight by that 3rd round. Im pretty sure the strike differential wasn't very close either.

And regardless if he was "roided to the gills" (even though the trace in his system was pretty damn low) or not. Jones probably dominates everyone in LHW and HW without PEDs.

Jones is a gifted athlete that goes beyond roid use, the narrative that he only beats people because of steroids is just something that haters can hang onto now.

He's one of the biggest disappointments in the sport but not because he isn't probably the best mma fighter of all time but because he's also the biggest f*ck up of all time.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
And regardless if he was "roided to the gills" (even though the trace in his system was pretty damn low) or not. Jones probably dominates everyone in LHW and HW without PEDs.
I think most people agree with this.

DC looked undeniably good in that fight until he was on the floor though.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
We're never getting a satisfying Jones/DC III. Dana will probably push for Brock/Jones fuckery fight if/when Bones is reinstated. Maybe we get the third fight in 10 years on Bellator.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
You have to kill Lesnar vs Bones if DC beats Stipe and somehow Jones gets a light suspension.

DC vs Jones at that point probably gets you a bigger buy rate .

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if, at this point, DC ever makes weight at LHW again.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
He says it but it's only to keep both belts for now and whose mad at that ? LHW is awful anyways .

DC Jones III would be at heavy

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I dont see how DC has more than 1 fight left after the Stipe match, if he plans on retiring next March. So yeah it will be interesting to see who's gonna be picked for that.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IMG_20180624_115220.jpg

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
At least we don't have to worry about the main event.

I'd be gutted if Holloway or Ortega miss weight though.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Valentine Shevchenko's sister on Dana White Contenders today. I hope she can deliver because those womens divisions could really use it.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Machida signing with Bellator is to me the most important signing yet...not due to just name (Bellator has more significant fighters) but the implications .

UFC offered the same, Machida said he was a man of his word and did not want to back out of the Bellator deal due to committing to Coker already.

Bellator has the personal connection now that UFC has lost. That to me is more significant to me then anything else Bellator has going for them going forward and it's pretty huge.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
Machida signing with Bellator is to me the most important signing yet...not due to just name (Bellator has more significant fighters) but the implications .

UFC offered the same, Machida said he was a man of his word and did not want to back out of the Bellator deal due to commuting to Coker already.

Bellator has the personal connection now that UFC has lost. That to me is more significant to me then anything else Bellator has going for them going forward and it's pretty huge.
Possibly, but it could just be Machida being an honourable karate guy. Plus his brother fights for Bellator so there's a connection there and considering how he got done over by USADA not having to worry about losing any more years at the end of his career could be a positive.

Viva

Nov 1, 2017
Also Machida is at that point now where the UFC will probably look to use him to give up and coming guys notable names on their resume. Bellator is probably more appealing in a number of ways.