MMA-ERA |OT| Immigrant Mentality

FUME5

Oct 25, 2017
Just switched over to it - it's on a free to air tv channel for the first time. They cramming ads into every slight break they can.

FUME5

Oct 25, 2017
That fight never got into gear, Hunt lost, don't know how much the leg played into it.

EDIT

They all gave Hunt a round?

Last edited:

FUME5

Oct 25, 2017
Tyson Pedro looking unimpressive against Shogun so far.

EDIT

As soon as I said that Tyson nails him.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Shogun still kicking ass in 2018. Just shows how much better the Pride guys are over their UFC equivalents of that era.

FUME5

Oct 25, 2017
Like all good Australian fighters, he respects the art enough to have no ground game.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
He was fighting like a fucking dumbass from the bottom. You don't just flail your arms around, eat shots, and expect the ref to not stop it.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
How do you call someone out when you lose?

And Hardy is one of the most biased commentators in the game.

Hearing him talk up British and Aussie fighters is like posting on r/MMA.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
That's certainly an opinion.
Let me rephrase that. I’d say MW - HW got worse with time, the talent just hasn’t been there on a whole, but the lighter weight classes are getting lots of talent. There is no incentive for a bigger and more athletic guy to pursue MMA when they can get a higher paying gig that doesn’t involve getting punched in the face.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Shogun fought really well surprisingly.

The biggest shot from Pedro was a head butt that could have been the end for Shogun in that fight but he showed a lot of grit .

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Yo, this carny assed company is putting Rachel Ostovich and Greg Hardy on the same card.

Ridiculous.

Last edited:

chokeartist

Nov 12, 2017
Rachel Ostovich will probably fight for the title next. I'm surprised Dana didn't make this fight with Paige an intermittent title fight.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

🏳‍🌈
Oct 25, 2017
Khabib says aspiring female fighters should 'stay home and finish their men'
UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov was asked if he had advice for female fighters. The Dagestani took his time before giving his response.
"Be a fighter inside your home."
The audience erupted into cheers. Khabib continued.
"All the time, finish your husband. [more cheers] smash him really bad."

This also isn’t Khabib’s first brush with controversy. He advised his countrymen in an Instagram post about the immorality of rap music, he has endorsed criminal Russian oligarchs, and of course he ignited a post-fight brawl with Conor McGregor’s teammates.
Yikes City but not shocking at all... Remember the "I'm cheering for Khabib because Conor is worse" sentiments?