• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't disagree with Max as the best FW ever. He's schooled Aldo twice and now destroyed who everyone was calling the damn boogeyman.

Hes also beat anyone that has a name in the division. He rose through the McGregor era, while the top was crowded he trimmed his way up ans up

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Max has evil pressure.

Only dudes I can see give him REAL trouble are Mendes and Korean Zombie.

You're not going to beat Max if he's conscious past the second round. Dude needs to be finished and finished EARLY.

Problem for KZ is his last fight took a year off his career. Holloway was in a bit of trouble in the 3rd, but looks pretty fresh all things considered.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ortega took a Renan Barao level beating today.

I wonder if he will be shot after this.

They risk something like that if they rush him back too fast.

That's why he needs a long break. 6 months minimum preferably something like 8 months before his next one. None of this 3 month turn around bull shit.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He has overtaken Aldo in my book. The people he was fighting coming up and the streak. Just incredible

Aldo defended his strap 7 times. That's not just timeless greatness because of volume. He defended against the best in the world each time: Mendes twice, Edgar (twice if you count UFC200), Faber, Zombie, Lamas and Swanson. 5 of those guys are still top featherweights TODAY. That's also not counting pretty damn good fighters at the time like Mike Brown and Hominick.

Max is on his way, but there's no argument against Aldo for FW GOAT. There just isn't.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aldo defended his strap 7 times. That's not just timeless greatness because of volume. He defended against the best in the world each time: Mendes twice, Edgar (twice if you count UFC200), Faber, Zombie, Lamas and Swanson. 5 of those guys are still top featherweights TODAY. That's also not counting pretty damn good fighters at the time like Mike Brown and Hominick.

Max is on his way, but there's no argument against Aldo for FW GOAT. There just isn't.

Max has also gone through Lamas and Swanson. Plus knocking out Aldo twice and crushing Pettis. I can see the Aldo view point, but disagree. If max can beat Moicano or Mendes he gets it no doubt in my book.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally a corner looks after their fighter in a championship bought.

Props to Ortega, but I didn't think he could eat the shots from Max for a few rounds before securing the sub.

Amazing fight.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Much like I want to say 2007 was the year of the underdog in the UFC, this year seems to be the year of hype train derails.

I don't think one hyped challenger has won this year.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And yeah, no question now Max is plenty healthy. This entirely erases any doubt he was still having any issues

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Max vs. Conor is a cool money fight for the casuals, but honestly, any actual UFC follower knows it's a mismatch.

Plus why does Max go to 155 for a non-title fight? UFC champ/former champ usually gets an auto-title fight when they move up. I guess only for the money? Will people want to see Conor fight someone out of their weight, coming off a boxing loss, an mma loss, with just pride on the line?

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Say what you want about Aldo and Holloway being GOATs but Max beating Jose TWICE in convincing fashion is many measures more impressive than McGregor's one punch KO of Aldo.

He is well on his way to becoming one of the P4P best of all time.

Jmanunknown

Oct 26, 2017
Problem for KZ is his last fight took a year off his career. Holloway was in a bit of trouble in the 3rd, but looks pretty fresh all things considered.

Yeah Holloway was in legit trouble in the 3rd but Ortega made a huge mistake going for the take down when he had him hurt and missing getting holloway's back his arms were complete shot after that and he was basically just a punching bag after that nothing he threw had any affect.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Max vs. Conor is a cool money fight for the casuals, but honestly, any actual UFC follower knows it's a mismatch.

Plus why does Max go to 155 for a non-title fight? UFC champ/former champ usually gets an auto-title fight when they move up. I guess only for the money? Will people want to see Conor fight someone out of their weight, coming off a boxing loss, an mma loss, with just pride on the line?
In short. Yes, Conor is going to be assumed he's a draw until he isn't. *shrugs*

I thought the doctor called the fight, not the corner.

It was the doc. The corner looked to me like it was trying to get the swelling down so they could go to round 5.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally rate Max over Aldo already

I totally understand people that don't, but I think Holloway is honestly better than Aldo. And he's only 27, if he can keep this up there will be no question

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
It was the doc. The corner looked to me like it was trying to get the swelling down so they could go to round 5.

Even without the swelling, one look at Ortega after r4 and you knew he was done. Of course he'll say he wants to keep going but the light in his visible eye was completely gone. Max is a demon.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

McGregor is still top 5 lw. Above Poirier, Edson and Gathje. Would love to see the Tony fight

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even without the swelling, one look at Ortega after r4 and you knew he was done. Of course he'll say he wants to keep going but the light in his visible eye was completely gone. Max is a demon.

People that have been in a regulated fight know that you break in steps. Your body breaks first, then your technique, then your will and finally you admit it. The point between your will breaking and you giving up can be massive for some people. Thats were the corner should step in.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You might be right...Ngannou/Stipe, T-City/Holloway, Lewis/Cormier, Till/Woodley...there might be some I'm forgetting.

Black Beast was a meme hype-train that fought a fight where he took bad damage like four weeks before, going up against one of the most prepared and brilliant tacticians in the sport, Lewis/Cormier was a joke. Washed-up wrong-weight one-day camp Spider Silva had a better shot.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Max has also gone through Lamas and Swanson. Plus knocking out Aldo twice and crushing Pettis. I can see the Aldo view point, but disagree. If max can beat Moicano or Mendes he gets it no doubt in my book.

It's different for defending champs.

It's a whole different level of scrutiny and pressures.

Aldo tore through the 145 division at a young age, crushing older generations, beating his own generation, and holding others off at bay.

Max needs to do the same. He beat the old guard. Now he needs to keep defending his strap against new guard. I don't think he needs to reach 7 or 8 title defences to do it, but I certainly think he needs more than 2.

Don't forget Aldo was undefeated for 10 years. That's twice as long as Max is undefeated now and Aldo did it over 18 fights.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Watching the presser, JJ is being humble. She just said she's staying at 125 lbs unless she gets a title shot at 115 lbs, that's the only way she's going back down.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The craziest aspect to Holloway's game is how god damn aggressive he is.

Like he legit wants to hurt you. Straight up.

Crazy to watch. Some volume punchers don't go for that actual kill. They just keep piecing you up and taking their times. Max picks people apart, but when he can tall they are fading puts pressure on like a MANIAC

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
The craziest aspect to Holloway's game is how god damn aggressive he is.

Like he legit wants to hurt you. Straight up.

Crazy to watch. Some volume punchers don't go for that actual kill. They just keep piecing you up and taking their times. Max picks people apart, but when he can tall they are fading puts pressure on like a MANIAC

Telling Joe Rogan he's going to finish him in R4 and then pointing to the ground is incredibly badass. And then he did what he did. Absolute demon.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Much like I want to say 2007 was the year of the underdog in the UFC, this year seems to be the year of hype train derails.

I don't think one hyped challenger has won this year.
No hyped title challengers but Adesanya has got a lot of hype behind him and he's 4-0 in 2018 including an amazing win over Brunson.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
That was probably my last super hyped fight from now until Tyron vs. Colby. Jones is going to walk through Gus and I don't think anything else super competitive is coming up.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Dana says Max is going to 155
If Tony ends up fighting Khabib next for the belt, I would rather see Max take the winner of that fight. There's at least been some build up to both since Max vs Khabib almost happened anyway, and Tony said he would even go down to 145 to fight Max.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Shevchenko is easily the best candidate for the first 2 division Women's Champion. She's awesome.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was probably my last super hyped fight from now until Tyron vs. Colby. Jones is going to walk through Gus and I don't think anything else super competitive is coming up.

I'm not confident Jones makes it to 232.

Nah, he said he should.

Max shouldn't agree unless it's for a lot of money.

Max vs. Ugly Tony for interim title, winner vs. Khabib, search your feelings, you know it to be true.