• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
First RIZIN show of the year is RIZIN 15 on April 21 at the Yokohama Arena. First fights for the card announced:

Kyoji Horiguchi vs Ben Nguyen
King Mo vs Jiri Prochazka for the inaugural light heavyweight title
Ulka Sasaki vs Kai Asakura
Luiz Gustavo vs Mikuru Asakura

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Dillashaw on Rogan tonight (sans Duane Ludwig) if anyone cares

Rogaine has instantly started blowing smoke up TJ's ass saying 'no one thinks it was a good stoppage' 😂😂😂

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Did y'all see the press conference for 235? Ben is a breath of fresh air on the mic, dude is hilarious

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
lol Tyron "I promise if you come at me with less than 100% you will reconsider ever fighting again"

Kamaru is cringe

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Best press conference in a while. Ben is always hilarious, and Tyron was on fire on the mic during that exchange with Usman.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Maybe it's because of the recent Nunes win, but I have a vibe Anthony Smith is going to win. I just smell a big upset with this one.

Tyron and Askren are winning their fights, though. No question.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
The look

g8ubhvhgdvd21.jpg

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Askren looking like he was late to a video call and decided to just throw on something to look decent except for his feet.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone enjoy Askren laying on dudes for 25 minutes? I wonder what Dana was thinking.
Similar to say Maia, I sometimes enjoy it from a purely technical perspective. Seeing him laying on the most exciting Welterweight fighter of all time is going to be a punch in the nuts, though. Fingers crossed for the upset.

Oct 30, 2017
Ottawa
Maybe it's because of the recent Nunes win, but I have a vibe Anthony Smith is going to win. I just smell a big upset with this one.

I don't really see how this is comparable. Anyone who has watched Nunes over the past couple of years knows how strong she is.

Smith is seriously lacking stamina, and as much as I hate him, Jones will have no problems going the distance. As much as I'd like to see Jones getting knocked out, I think this is going to wind up like a repeat of Cormier Vs Lewis. The skill gap will be immediately apparent.

Ben Askren looking like that substitute teacher who just puts a movie on

Haha. He really does.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
I wish they wouldn't put these events on in the middle of the night to prioritise US viewing audiences, it's so insulting to the host countries.

Last edited:

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
I cant hate on ESPN+

The prelims are already available on replay and the same will be true about the main card right after it airs.

Id take this over UFC Fight Pass any day.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
You just know if Teymur beats Oliveira especially if he finishes him this crowd will go dead silent or boo him.

Brazilian crowds don't handle seeing their fellows Brazilians lose to foreigners with any class at all.

Still better than those awful USA chants though. Mindless patriotism is the worst.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Wow according to the post fight interview Oliveira couldn't see properly out of his right eye even after recovering.

I know these guys want that paycheck but that could have turned out badly for him continuing to fight.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Goodness grief Lyman Good is on a ton of roids, he is super ripped. Don't see that these days very often post USADA so it stands out so much.

Prediction, Good within the first round, he can hit really hard and Maia is the wrong side of 40. Unless Maia does what he did to Condit and takes him down super quick.