• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Could be a great fight, interested to see how Lee looks at this weight

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
I was ready to pick Lee but then RDA came out to the montage song from Bloodsport and now I'm leaning the other way

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Pfffft

Where's the Kevin Lee that gave Tony Ferguson trouble with staph? Where's the Kevin Lee that took Edson Barboza apart?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Lee looks like he has no idea what the fuck to do when he has a guy down. Just the worst kind of wrestlefucker. He had RDA's back TWICE in that round and did zero with it.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fights like this and seeing Sages skull just makes me understand how shitty being a fighter would be. Just the worst.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
This is weird, it's like RDA is too old and Lee is too young to capitalize on anything either is doing. Neither would be close to top 3, they're like that weird top 6-9 spot.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
That was the best RDA has looked since.. I don't know when

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RDA punched the fucking floor with his forehead and the was driving Lee's back into the choke with his knee. Goddam beast.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Lee needs a 160 division. He's good, very good, but can't put it together. He looks like young Liddell where you can tell the talent was there and so much better but he couldn't combine it all. At this time RDA will never sniff a titleshot because he's a tweener.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lee needs a 160 division. He's good, very good, but can't put it together. He looks like young Liddell where you can tell the talent was there and so much better but he couldn't combine it all. At this time RDA will never sniff a titleshot because he's a tweener.

Skill, athleticism, size, technique, etc. its good enough to get you to the top 10, but those last 5 fighters on the top have something else, something almost no other human in the world has. You need the intelligence and the heart to combine everything and be able to go for the jugular and win.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you're right. I guess I'm saying he's lost quite a bit of luster.
Lee is good all-round, if he could put it all together he could be a real problem for a lot of guys

but his gas tanks sucks, he has no fight IQ and struggles in scrambles against the experienced guys like Ferguson and RDA

Dude has a lot to learn

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know he's only 26, but I don't see him improving. His poor gas tank and fight iq was exposed again. He totally froze when RDA stuffed that final takedown.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
He spent two minutes of round one in the clinch burning energy. The explosion was a bad idea, but if he had paced himself in the stand up instead of going for the clinch I think he could've won that fight.

That's because he has poor fight IQ. He had some RDA incredibly advantageous positions and looked lost. Like how do you have a guys back twice and lose a round? He may be young, but he's fought enough for me to think he sort of is who he is. A guy who can go from exciting and fight of the night-ish to completely lost from one fight to the next. A gatekeeper.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Skill, athleticism, size, technique, etc. its good enough to get you to the top 10, but those last 5 fighters on the top have something else, something almost no other human in the world has. You need the intelligence and the heart to combine everything and be able to go for the jugular and win.
Lee is good all-round, if he could put it all together he could be a real problem for a lot of guys

but his gas tanks sucks, he has no fight IQ and struggles in scrambles against the experienced guys like Ferguson and RDA

Dude has a lot to learn
If Lee had a better coach and/or fight IQ he would be a killer at 55 but he's notoriously undisciplined. Everyone can clearly see his physical talents are ridiculously above his opponents but he just cannot put the whole thing together. He should be champ now with a better camp and it's sad to see. Luckily he's still young but he needs a real coach. His shortcomings should've been coached out of him by now. I'll stand by it and say RDA didn't look "good" tonight, he just looked so much "better" and "smarter" if that makes sense.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I know he's only 26, but I don't see him improving. His poor gas tank and fight iq was exposed again. He totally froze when RDA stuffed that final takedown.

Agreed. It's less about age and more about experience. This was his 15th UFC fight, and we are seeing the same kinds of flaws repeated with little to no improvement. He is who he is. And I doubt he'll get much better as he hits his late 20s and exits his physical prime.