MMA-ERA |OT| Immigrant Mentality

Masoyama

Oct 27, 2017
What's everyone's opinion on UFC 238's card? I live in Chicago so I have an opportunity to go, but it's a lot of money. Is MMA a lot more fun live?
I have been to around 10 events, even worked a few when I was younger and would literally stand right next to the ring. In general, its not a great experience. Cage obscures too much vision and theres a lot of waiting around. If you decide to go, try getting a seat about 8 rows up, you want the top of the cage to be just under your eyeline.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Just watched the UFC.
Kevin Lee needs a bit more time in the oven. Im sure in future he might be great, but right now Im shocked he has any hype behind him.
Megan Anderson on the other hand......yeesh that was not great

Oct 31, 2017
That fight was not a positive sign for Kevin Lee's prospects at 170. If your predominant skill set is wrestling with a powerful top game, you better be able to out wrestle RDA, because if not good luck with Kamaru Usman.

Oct 25, 2017
Lee is an inconsistent fighter who has no clear path to a belt. As I said earlier, he's now a gatekeeper. If I were him I would consider changing camps although I'm skeptical it will fix his problems.

I have been to around 10 events, even worked a few when I was younger and would literally stand right next to the ring. In general, its not a great experience. Cage obscures too much vision and theres a lot of waiting around. If you decide to go, try getting a seat about 8 rows up, you want the top of the cage to be just under your eyeline.
Thanks for this. I'm still tempted to at least see an event once in my life. I still might go with a buddy or buy a solo ticket for below face value the day of the event.

Last edited:

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I thought Urijah was cut?

You guys see Yoel won 27 million against tGold Star Performance for tainted supplements?

How bad must their lawyer have been, all you'd have to do is point at Yoel.
If I was Yoel my retirement would start the moment that check clears.

People give Yoel shit but he's the first guy to sue and win against a supplement company for tainted supplements.

Hope he gets out of this hellish fight game, as much as I believe he is the rightful middleweight champ.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I was Yoel my retirement would start the moment that check clears.

People give Yoel shit but he's the first guy to sue and win against a supplement company for tainted supplements.

Hope he gets out of this hellish fight game, as much as I believe he is the rightful middleweight champ.
There is no way in hell I believe Yoel isn't juicing, there's also no way in hell he's seeing a cent of that payout if you look at the company: http://goldstarperformanceproducts.com I doubt they're worth $250,000.

Ether30

Alt account
Banned
May 23, 2019
Good, fuck these little shady ass supplement companies. Hope that scares the rest of them. Whatever Romero gets it’ll bankrupt them which is the best lesson out of this.

Friend Besto

Oct 27, 2017
What I'm wondering is why is Yoel using supplements from small time companies? Surely he's big enough to go for the big brands. I have no idea how this all works though.

Nov 14, 2017
Don't know about Yoel specifically, but it isn't unheard of for athletes (or their entourage) to know exactly which supplements to have on hand to submit for testing in the event they fail a test themselves.

Ether30

Alt account
Banned
May 23, 2019
Germaine Deradereremine vs Aspen Alladin is headlining a card....

THIS ESPN DEAL IS F*CKING ILLEGAL

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Germaine Deradereremine vs Aspen Alladin is headlining a card....

THIS ESPN DEAL IS F*CKING ILLEGAL
Do people get paid to watch that card?
Because even free seems like a stretch too far.....charging us to watch that card is ridiculous.
I bet they wont even bother promoting that......wait its Urijah Fabers return card?

Wait the first UFC Womens Flyweight champ is also on that card?
They're just cross-promoting with the Aladdin remake.
Hahaha whats wrong with you?

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Tuned in just in time for the main card. Didn‘t think they‘d start so early. UFC should stop scheduling European events on the day of the Champions League final. Same dilemma as last year.