MMA-ERA |OT| Immigrant Mentality

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
the in ring sponsors for this being Hooters, a headshop and a bookie, is so fucking perfect lol. Just need a bail bondsman.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

🏳‍🌈
Oct 25, 2017
Well, this is more or less exactly what you’d expect when a former world champ boxer fights a T-Rex armed MMA fighter

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Lobov's only saving grace is that Paulie's not the hardest hitter around. He's being taken to school. Does Lobov know any boxing combinations?

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

🏳‍🌈
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the judges in BK just want you to run at your opponent and whiff 90% of your punches.

Not enough rounds/rounds aren’t long enough. A waste of all our time.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
I thought Paulie had it as well, but it was definitely a close one. Happy for Artem!

Lol Paulie said his hand broke

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

🏳‍🌈
Oct 25, 2017
I know it’s bareknuckle but Paulie saying he barely got touched while a giant gash on his brow is bleeding is fucking hilarious.

I never liked Paulie in his boxing prime but I think he easily won tonight from a boxing perspective.

…Conor completely destroys him in a boxing match though.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe I was too drunk but though Artem took every round 😂

So happy for him

War KZ!!! That was absolutely beautiful!

Nov 14, 2017
Zombie is 2-1 after returning, with 2 first round KOs and one KO loss with one second left on the clock in a great and competitive fight. I think saying he's "back" (not talking to anyone in particular here, just generally) makes his recent run out to be worse than it was in reality. That said, obviously/hopefully this win should put him closer to where he belongs.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Zombie is 2-1 after returning, with 2 first round KOs and one KO loss with one second left on the clock in a great and competitive fight. I think saying he's "back" (not talking to anyone in particular here, just generally) makes his recent run out to be worse than it was in reality. That said, obviously/hopefully this win should put him closer to where he belongs.
True, I think it was just because he has fought once a year so it's a rarity whenever he shows up. He was never "gone" as in washed up but just gone from the scene. I'm not sure if consuming primarily English media helps either since he just fades into the background after his fights, whereas other fighters might ride a media wave for a couple weeks.

Nov 14, 2017
True, I think it was just because he has fought once a year so it's a rarity whenever he shows up. He was never "gone" as in washed up but just gone from the scene. I'm not sure if consuming primarily English media helps either since he just fades into the background after his fights, whereas other fighters might ride a media wave for a couple weeks.
What you say about the frequency of his fights is true, I believe he's had some injury troubles even since his return from military service. That said if you'd asked me when his fight with Bermudez was I would have said last year, hell even the Aldo fight doesn't feel like it was six years ago. Must be because he's such a memorable guy.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

🏳‍🌈
Oct 25, 2017
Colby finally took a fight

I'll never be rooting for someone as hard as I will be for Robbie