• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Yo, this carny assed company is putting Rachel Ostovich and Greg Hardy on the same card.

Ridiculous.

Last edited:

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Rachel Ostovich will probably fight for the title next. I'm surprised Dana didn't make this fight with Paige an intermittent title fight.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Khabib says aspiring female fighters should 'stay home and finish their men'
UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov was asked if he had advice for female fighters. The Dagestani took his time before giving his response.
"Be a fighter inside your home."
The audience erupted into cheers. Khabib continued.
"All the time, finish your husband. [more cheers] smash him really bad."

This also isn't Khabib's first brush with controversy. He advised his countrymen in an Instagram post about the immorality of rap music, he has endorsed criminal Russian oligarchs, and of course he ignited a post-fight brawl with Conor McGregor's teammates.
Yikes City but not shocking at all... Remember the "I'm cheering for Khabib because Conor is worse" sentiments?

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, should not surprise anyone.
I don't think any of the Embedded stuff about him, shot in his village, had a female actually talk (or even seen?).
No wife's, no daughters.
Just like his "view" when it comes to slapping folks AFTER a fight, it's an interesting question for everyone to ponder themselves how much
you can root for a guy that is so far away from a standard western open mind.

But I guess you could say the same about a guy like Colby. The white bigot version.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think any of the Embedded stuff about him, shot in his village, had a female actually talk (or even seen?).
No wife's, no daughters.
Just like his "view" when it comes to slapping folks AFTER a fight, it's an interesting question for everyone to ponder themselves how much

But I guess you could say the same about a guy like Colby. The white bigot version.
Both trash. You could say Colby is playing the part of the heel for the sake of ratings, but he still seems like a piece of garbage.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
No wife's, no daughters.

I think the point that a lot of people missed, particularly on the off-topic section thread about the post-fight melee, that 'Khabib-Good, Conor-Bad' is too simplistic a view to take on their feud.

Sometimes quite often there are no good guys, and taking one particular side will just make you look like an ass.

Also, fuck Colby.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Also, fuck Dana

This is such a cop-out answer. Of course Rachael is gonna say it's fine, does he really think a relatively unknown (4-4) female fighter is going to have the confidence to tell the boss of a multi-billionaire dollar company how to organise his events?

He also couldn't help but shit on Tyron again in this video, the Trump-loving bald fuck.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Max looked great at the weigh ins. I think he wins a dominant decision or gets a late tko.

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not able to watch it tomorrow but I hope Holloway wins. I like them both but more a fan of Holloway's fighting style.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Max as underdog? Gonna take all my strength not to put down a major bet on him to win. Is just a class above Ortega if he is anywhere near his best.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Max as underdog? Gonna take all my strength not to put down a major bet on him to win. Is just a class above Ortega if he is anywhere near his best.
Max's CV speaks for itself really, I guess a lot of people are counting on the fight going to the ground at some point over the 5 rounds where Ortega has the supremacy but I'm not sure it'll get that far; Max's striking is so good now that, for example, I think if he rematched Conor at Featherweight, he'd win.

Nov 14, 2017
Also, fuck Dana

This is such a cop-out answer. Of course Rachael is gonna say it's fine, does he really think a relatively unknown (4-4) female fighter is going to have the confidence to tell the boss of a multi-billionaire dollar company how to organise his events?

He also couldn't help but shit on Tyron again in this video, the Trump-loving bald fuck.

I wouldn't be sure he does think that, he's probably very aware of the power dynamic but it's convenient for him to ignore it or pretend it doesn't exist.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Max looked good.

I think not only will Max win, but he will make it look easy. Ortega grabbing victory from the jaws of defeat is great but I can't bet on the guy who was losing a striking match with Clay Guida to beat one of the best strikers in the UFC.

The guy can't wrestle to set up his subs.
He has power but is an average striker.
I have no idea how he could be the favorite.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Max looked good.

I think not only will Max win, but he will make it look easy. Ortega grabbing victory from the jaws of defeat is great but I can't bet on the guy who was losing a striking match with Clay Guida to beat one of the best strikers in the UFC.

The guy can't wrestle to set up his subs.
He has power but is an average striker.
I have no idea how he could be the favorite.
Yeah, I'm pretty close to betting some cash on a Holloway TKO victory.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
It's absolutely absurd that Max is the underdog. I'm really tempted to some money on him just because of how off the odds are.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
This feels kinda like Khabib vs Conor in that Max by all rights should dominate but Ortega has that ability to finish the fight out of thin air.

Likely scenario is Max puts on a clinic and wins via TKO.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Um Ortega pieced Edgar in his last fight. People acting like this dude isn't completely growing each fight.

Dude is dangerous everywhere at any time. You can't read him at all. Holloway got tagged up by past his prime Aldo quite a bit, dudes tank just ran out at some point and couldn't keep up with Max.

Should be a great fight.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Um Ortega pieced Edgar in his last fight. People acting like this dude isn't completely growing each fight.

Dude is dangerous everywhere at any time. You can't read him at all. Holloway got tagged up by past his prime Aldo quite a bit, dudes tank just ran out at some point and couldn't keep up with Max.

Should be a great fight.
Yeah, that Edgar finish sold me. Ortega is scary and I think he'll win, though I can't say if by finish or decision.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting fight for Cerrone to take. Hernandez has looked good in his wins of Dariush and Aubin-Mercier, but he's still kind of unknown. Maybe a more recognizable opponent pulled out?

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A bit inside baseball but Ian Kidd of Bloody Elbow apparently pleaded guilty lf having possession of huge ammounts lf child potnography and got scrubber of BE and Twitter

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Surprised Holloway is the underdog. No betting tonight for me but if I was, it'd be all on Max.

Should be a great scrap. Love both guys and Ortega is a really good dude but I don't see him taking the belt off Max tonight. I see him winning a vacant 145 title over Moicano/Edgar once Max moves to 155 though.

As much as I love Joanna, Valentina will be too much for her imo. The size difference and skill gap is pretty big.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have some family obligations this morning but hope I can make it in time for the main.

I think Holloway takes it but I'm looking forward to a great fight either way.

Hope Valentina gives JJ a beating.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Anders is seriously trash for not finishing this already. 3 big opportunities anyone in the top 5 would have ended the fight with and he just kind of whiffed it.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anders is slow as fuck.

Had Elias rocked for 2 minutes in round 2, didn't get the finish.

Round 3, a clearly gassed Elias is still too fast for him.

This dude has no future beside being fed to up and comers..

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
I agree although you gotta cut him some slack considering the beating he took to Santos just a couple of months ago. Shouldn't have taken a fight so soon.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elias Theodorou has got to be the worst fighter with the best record I've ever seen.

Dude is somehow 16-2